Page 61 of 160 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 3993
    Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the do we have a 51-page thread on a player who won't even make the team?
    His contract is guarantee until January, so I think he will make the team and we will see him in action early in the season. Question is, can Chip fix his shooting mechanics to get a quicker release as well as Pop coaching him up to be a better defender (not saying he is going to become great, just avg. would be an improvement).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His contract is guarantee until January, so I think he will make the team and we will see him in action early in the season. Question is, can Chip fix his shooting mechanics to get a quicker release as well as Pop coaching him up to be a better defender (not saying he is going to become great, just avg. would be an improvement).
    His contract is not guaranteed through a certain date. He's guaranteed a certain amount of money. Those are completely different things. The Spurs will cut him whenever they feel he deserves to be cut, whether that's in camp, never or somewhere in between. The only critical dates for him are 12/15 and 1/10, because that's when he can be traded, (which the Spurs would prefer to do over cutting him), and when all contracts become guaranteed for the rest of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoke with someone in the Spurs that said its not out of the realm of possibility that we see Jimmer in Austin

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoke with someone in the Spurs that said its not out of the realm of possibility that we see Jimmer in Austin
    Unlike a lot of NBA players that were lottery picks, I think he would do that to learn the offense. Maybe see if he can play some minutes at PG with some work at that position in the D-League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly would support this idea and I'm glad that Jimmer would take that opportunity. It shows he's willing to work to reach the top-level, even if he was a Top-10 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, him and the union would have to agree with it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, him and the union would have to agree with it...
    They didn't lead me to believe it was likely/certain, just that it's not out of the realm of possiblity. Seemed like if that was the best course, there would not be an issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, 51 pages?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off-season, not much to talk about. I stay out of all the player bashing and the general trolling. I am happy w LMA being who he is, I liked him a lot even b4 joining the spurs, so I have no issue with him wanting to take shots. Have no issue with Kawhi hulking up and having grand ambitions either. Both are max players and you need them both. Team has to rely less on the old big 3.
    So, to me there is not much to talk about besides the roles of all these roleplayers. Some are very intriguing and I like guys who are young still and can possibly improve through the season. It's part of why I watch sports, the draft, summer league. Jimmer has been controversial, but I am rooting for him to play well for the spurs. I like Anderson a lot and I hope he is good enough to get the back up SF mins. I like Simmons as well. Boban may be helpful as a legit center prospect to relieve Tim at times. TBH the only guy that I don't like is poor Bonner bc I believe he is done and he holds no promise. There are better, younger guys who I'd rather prefer to see get playing time than him, but if he comes back shooting well, he will be useful.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 08-27-2015 at 12:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    50 pages for a guy who probably won't even make the team and at best would be an end of the bench five minutes in garbage time guy.

Spurstalk

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    50 pages for a guy who probably won't even make the team and at best would be an end of the bench five minutes in garbage time guy.

Spurstalk
    Going to make garbage time more interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the do we have a 51-page thread on a player who won't even make the team?
    this is why

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or because he can Dougie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will literally skull him to death if he does that stupid on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This guy should play Jimmer in his movie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if this has been posted, but it's a bleacher report piece:
    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...d-be-your-last

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if this has been posted, but it's a bleacher report piece:
    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...d-be-your-last
    Hadn't seen it. Good read.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://isportsweb.com/2015/08/29/san...dette-make-it/

In his time with the Kings, Jimmer’s performance steadily improved while his playing time dwindled. His 3-point percentage, overall field goal percentage, free throw percentage, and PER all increased from year to year; and his production per 36 minutes in points, assists, and rebounds increased from 14.7, 3.4, and 2.3 respectively in his rookie season, to 18.4, 3.4, and 2.6 in 2012-13, and 18.7, 4.7, and 3.5 in 2013-14. His 3-point percentage in 2013-14 with Sacramento was 49.3. That’s Kyle Korver territory.
    The guy will produce on the offensive end, he just needs some continuity, a situation where he can find his role and develop a rhythm in it. He needs a coach who will give him some good time on the court. Sure, he’s not a great defender, but neither is Stephen Curry, neither was Steve Nash. Neither are most guys when they have to guard any one of the plethora of ridiculously athletic, quick point guards in this league who have amazing ball-handling skills and can shoot the lights out. No one can guard those guys. That’s one of the biggest reasons for the “small-ball revolution.” Those kinds of guys are practically un-guardable, and Jimmer has shown himself to be pretty un-guardable at times, also.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you can make those comparisons at this point. He can't carry their jock straps at this point. He aspires to be a poor man's curry or nash.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you can make those comparisons at this point. He can't carry their jock straps at this point. He aspires to be a poor man's curry or nash.
    Pretty sure that's not the aspiration. Dude's about to light it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm as excited as anyone that he is a Spur and I want him to do well. But the reality is this:

He might light it up, and then again, he might not. I'm going to wait and see before I start to worry about him becoming a all-star.

Between now and then I'm going to hope he just find a role. I'd be happy if he can prove himself to be as good as Steve Kerr was. If he can just be that, then I'm thinking he has a future with the Spurs. In truth that is probably his ceiling, and that is not a bad thing, Steve has 6 rings because he found and his role and never waivered from it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmer will be the man to send parker to the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will have to hustle or something on defense. He has the same requirement as Anderson, slow or no there are no excuses, he's going to have to defend. I think Kyle will be ok, because while he's challenged one on one, he is a good team defender and understand's pop's schemes and rotations. He also has other tools in his length and size and he knows how to use them, getting loose balls, steals and blocks, recovering into plays with his length. He's worked on his fundamentals and it shows. Jimmer is going to have to do the same with less tools. I think if he could execute Pop's defensive schemes, particularly on pick/n/rolls and such, Pop will find him playing time to get his rhythm. An inability to execute on team defense will see him in Austin Daye territory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd page? I think not

Thread Information