Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already saw the evolution of the offense in 2015 as one that will be centered around Kawhi. With Tony/Diaw regressing, Manu/Tim aging & Tiago being traded you can forget about the 2014 Championship team. The new offense is going to be centered around Kawhi/LMA (PnR/postups/ISOs) & the ball won't be in Tony's hands as much although he will still be calling the sets. Tony is going to be playing off Kawhi/LMA thus he won't be asked to be a shot creator so he can pick his spots rather than forcing shots or pounding the air out of the ball to trying to get into the paint.

Kawhi is going to be the key since he will be handling the ball a lot on the PnRs but I've the utmost confidence in Kawhi considering how he has improved every season. If Kawhi can run the offense similar to how Paul George/Blake (two players who came into the league w/ similar playmaking skills as Kawhi) are able to from the forward position then it should be all gravy, nobody is asking Kawhi to be a point-forward ala LeBron/Pippen/Bird. The motion offense should take care of the rest as long as Kawhi/LMA can excel as a PnR duo.
    I know. What I'm saying is, this team can't win a championship the way they did in '14 or by out starring the top teams; they have to be a combination of the two.

No one symbolizes that more than Parker. Out of necessity more than anything, he won't be the focal point of the offense, but he also can't be Fisher/Chalmers. He has to be somewhere in between.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I know. What I'm saying is, this team can't win a championship the way they did in '14 or by out starring the top teams; they have to be a combination of the two.

No one symbolizes that more than Parker. Out of necessity more than anything, he won't be the focal point of the offense, but he also can't be Fisher/Chalmers. He has to be somewhere in between.
    Porker can play like Jordan Farmer & he still won't be missed as long as his usage rate is kept at a minimum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker can play like Jordan Farmer & he still won't be missed as long as his usage rate is kept at a minimum.
    did you watch him play for France?

what makes you think he's willing to play a role that's suited to his game?

He probably still thinks he needs to be the third option or some shti.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not beating the elite teams in a series with Leonard/Aldridge playing hero ball and Parker relegated solely to spot up duty. I'm not saying he can necessarily successfully play the role they need him to to win the championship; just that they can't if he's impersonating Fisher/Chalmers.

It still has to be done as a collective to overcome greater star power, just not to the extent that it has been in recent years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all seriousness, relegating Parker to a mere shooter will stagnate the offense. The perimeter needs players that are willing drivers with Kawhi and LMA handling most of the offensive responsibilities.

Parker needs to play at a level where he would efficient average around 11-13 PPG...Take the open shot, generate attention if he finds the ball on his hands after going through Kawhi. I said a month ago that Tony Making his shots is probably one of biggest factors in the spurs winning it or not this year.. if he can't do any of those for whatever reason, the spurs are going to struggle.

But seriously using him any where close to Kawhi and LMA is asking for trouble and dribble dribble dribble.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    In all seriousness, relegating Parker to a mere shooter will stagnate the offense. The perimeter needs players that are willing drivers with Kawhi and LMA handling most of the offensive responsibilities.

Parker needs to play at a level where he would efficient average around 11-13 PPG...Take the open shot, generate attention if he finds the ball on his hands after going through Kawhi. I said a month ago that Tony Making his shots is probably one of biggest factors in the spurs winning it or not this year.. if he can't do any of those for whatever reason, the spurs are going to struggle.

But seriously using him any where close to Kawhi and LMA is asking for trouble and dribble dribble dribble.
    If only he could just swallow his ego & remodel his game after the GOAT Spurs pure PG w/ a chip (Avery).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Exactly. The notion that they can win a championship with him impersonating Fisher/Chalmers, is ridiculous. As good as Leonard and Aldridge are, they're not prime James and Duncan and this team isn't beating superior players like Curry, Durant, Westbrook, Paul, Griffin, Harden or James, in a series, on the strength of their individual brilliance.

Whether Parker can successfully play the in between role we agree he needs to, is another question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only he could just swallow his ego & remodel his game after the GOAT Spurs pure PG w/ a chip (Avery).
    I think we're asking for trouble by making Parker an Avery PG..srs

Paker is one of the most detrimental players in the league, but he's going to play..

What he needs to do is drive to the basket and Shoot well..The ball won't go to Kawhi and LMA all the time, and in times it doesn't, the spurs need someone that xan generate attention and drive to the middle. Parker is the guy in the starting lineup because green won't be able to dribble his way to the middle.

I'm all for benching him though, but that won't happen....so let's hope he knows his limitations.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I think we're asking for trouble by making Parker an Avery PG..srs
    Avery played alongside PRIME Sean/D-Rob & he let them do their thing by simply running sets based on what the defense gave him then handing the ball to D-Rob/****** in their sweet spots. He was a good enough finisher to be an offensive threat & would take the occasional mid-range shot if D-Rob was doubled.

Manu transformed his game from being a slasher to being a perimeter type player ala Brent Barry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avery played alongside PRIME Sean/D-Rob & he let them do their thing by simply running sets based on what the defense gave him then handing the ball to D-Rob/****** in their sweet spots. He was a good enough finisher to be an offensive threat & would take the occasional mid-range shot if D-Rob was doubled.
    The problem I have with that Avery johnsons was that his game was completely reliant on feeding the stars. While it's important for Parker to understand that he is nowhere near the player Kawhi and LMA is, reducing him to play like Avery Johnson is asking him to be a player that he's terrible at...He is going to be a terrible player if he tries to play like Avery..srs. He's not that kind of a player. He is very limited and doesn't have the tools to adapt the same way as Ginoboili.

Parker is still an average driver and he can take care of the ball, he can stillo use some of his skillsets like quick drives and teardrops..He can do all of those with Kawhi and LMA getting most of the touches. They Key for Parker is knowing when to do a it and knowing when not to do it..He should also understand that the he shouldn't have the luxury of "Heat check", that's reserved for Kawhi and LMA..

The problem again lies with willingness to play that role. If the FNT and game 7 clippers is any indication, he's not going to play the way the spurs need him to play..He still believes he's a legitimate option. That's the main problem.

It's his ego that needs to be checked..He's not Manu or Timmy who easily adaopt to new roles.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Parker is still an average driver and he can take care of the ball, he can stillo use some of his skillsets like quick drives and teardrops..He can do all of those with Kawhi and LMA getting most of the touches. They Key for Parker is knowing when to do a it and knowing when not to do it..He should also understand that the he shouldn't have the luxury of "Heat check", that's reserved for Kawhi and LMA..
    But.....but.....but he did state in 2014 that he's letting his teammates shine. Tony is a quasi alpha that will bow down to a true alpha such as LMA/Kawhi, the key is the true alpha's have to demand the ball & deliver otherwise Porker is going to heroball. Tony fears Tim b/c he put him in check as a rookie & made him kiss the ring before he accepted him as his point guard. LMA has showed he doesn't back down from fake thugs & Tony knows better than messing w/ the quiet dude in the locker room.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem I have with that Avery johnsons was that his game was completely reliant on feeding the stars. While it's important for Parker to understand that he is nowhere near the player Kawhi and LMA is, reducing him to play like Avery Johnson is asking him to be a player that he's terrible at...He is going to be a terrible player if he tries to play like Avery..srs. He's not that kind of a player. He is very limited and doesn't have the tools to adapt the same way as Ginoboili.

The problem again lies with willingness to play that role. If the FNT and game 7 clippers is any indication, he's not going to play the way the spurs need him to play..He still believes he's a legitimate option. That's the main problem.

It's his ego that needs to be checked..He's not Manu or Timmy who easily adaopt to new roles.
    One other thing Parker needs to seriously, seriously concentrate on is playing average/above average defense. It wasn't his offense that drove me nuts last season, it was his horrific defense. He has to at least be average on that end of the court. He got his ass lit up by almost everyone he defended last season. I also agree that he can't play an Avery type game. He needs to still get to the rack and be a driver while mixing in some jumpshots. This team doesn't have enough penetrators, so he still needs to be able to do it some to keep the defense off-balance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the status for the FNT getting in the 2016 Rio Olympics? Do they have to win the bronze or do they simply have to win the next FIBA tournament?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the status for the FNT getting in the 2016 Rio Olympics? Do they have to win the bronze or do they simply have to win the next FIBA tournament?
    FIBA tournament will have multiple teams qualifying...Europe has two straight tickets to RIO and it's both finalist Spain and lituva...

France might not even make it to the tournament depending on how the these teams are grouped.

They're going to compete against Canada, Serbia, Italy, Greece, Mexico and some other teams for three spots...It will be three groups, if lady luck isn't on their side and they get grouped with two really good teams..could be disastrous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FIBA tournament will have multiple teams qualifying...Europe has two straight tickets to RIO and it's both finalist Spain and lituva...

France might not even make it to the tournament depending on how the these teams are grouped.

They're going to compete against Canada, Serbia, Italy, Greece, Mexico and some other teams for three spots...It will be three groups, if lady luck isn't on their side and they get grouped with two really good teams..could be disastrous.
    So they must win their group and the winner of those three groups makes it to Rio. Thanks...so whether they win or lose the bronze is insignificant....apart from the medal.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I also agree that he can't play an Avery type game. He needs to still get to the rack and be a driver while mixing in some jumpshots. This team doesn't have enough penetrators, so he still needs to be able to do it some to keep the defense off-balance.
    Avery used to get to the rack at a decent rate, he just sucked at making outside shots. Tony nowadays struggles to beat his defender & is taking mid-range shots rather than attacking or setting up his teammates. Tony should just cut back on those mid-range shots is all I'm saying.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Xan anyone make GIFs of the parker misses in the fourth and the block?
    FkLA dabom

Hero ball

Worse than Kirby

Reactions are classic.

Thanks apo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    France vs Serbia Game stream (low quality though):

http://firstrowusa.eu/basketball/fir...erbia-usaed24h

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a great generation of serbia had been ruined by milos teodosic in last years. he is the cancer of serbia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheers to Boris and Tony (and ex-Spur Nando) for the victory today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again a great game for Nando, 20 points 4 assists 3 rebounds 1 steal. Lock for the team of the tournament.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    MVPau, MVPau, MVPau! *Meanwhile Kobe is plotting a way on how to ruin a franchise*

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Again a great game for Nando, 20 points 4 assists 3 rebounds 1 steal. Lock for the team of the tournament.
    What does it say for Porker when he's looking like a bum in comparison to none other than Nando "Couldn't Make it in the NBA" De Colo? *SIGH*

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    a great generation of serbia had been ruined by milos teodosic in last years. he is the cancer of serbia.
    He's the Brandon Jennings of Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol should ask Kobe if he want to come to the Bulls to be his Pau...

Thread Information