Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mormon on mormon violence in that comment section is pretty tough...

QUOTE]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The writer says: "After clearing part of their roster to accommodate LaMarcus Aldridge, the Spurs have room for Fredette. He'll make the team. The question is whether he can become a rotation player"

Pump your penis there big dog, that's far from a given...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Steve Kerr made a long NBA career as a shooter! Jimmer if given a chance could gave a career like Kerr.
    Lol, Kerr made a career out of riding the coattails of Hall of Famers. He was one of the luckiest dudes to ever play the game and he'd tell you that himself. 3 les with Jordan and 2 with Duncan. If Bulls don't pick up Kerr, his career is done in 4 years. Thank goodness for the Spurs he had a couple of "moments" left in him when he came back to the Spurs in 2003.

IMO, Jimmer's career ends in San Antonio w/o playing a single, regular season game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, Kerr made a career out of riding the coattails of Hall of Famers. He was one of the luckiest dudes to ever play the game and he'd tell you that himself. 3 les with Jordan and 2 with Duncan. If Bulls don't pick up Kerr, his career is done in 4 years. Thank goodness for the Spurs he had a couple of "moments" left in him when he came back to the Spurs in 2003.

IMO, Jimmer's career ends in San Antonio w/o playing a single, regular season game.
    Well the Spurs rode Kerr's coatails in 2003 when he hit clutch shot after clutch shot to spark a comeback win versus Dallas and then did it again versus Nets. And he hit big shots for the Bulls too, including a game winner in the finals. Sure Kerr was a complementary player, but his shooting was key in a number of NBA Finals, as was his leadership. And his defense was actually underrated. Not that he was a good defender, but he wasn't as bad as some thought. And he's better than Fredette.

That said, Fredette should get some Mark Price videos and learn how to play like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the Spurs rode Kerr's coatails in 2003 when he hit clutch shot after clutch shot to spark a comeback win versus Dallas and then did it again versus Nets. And he hit big shots for the Bulls too, including a game winner in the finals. Sure Kerr was a complementary player, but his shooting was key in a number of NBA Finals, as was his leadership. And his defense was actually underrated. Not that he was a good defender, but he wasn't as bad as some thought. And he's better than Fredette.

That said, Fredette should get some Mark Price videos and learn how to play like him.
    Kerr was fantastic against Dallas in Game 6 of 2003 but many people forget that SJax was just as key and started the rally. He made 3 - 3 pointers himself, including 2 in a row. Lol, Spurs outscored them 34-9 in the 4th.

It was:

Sjax - 3ptr
    Kerr - 3ptr
    Sjax - 3ptr
    Sjax - 3ptr
    Kerr - 3ptr
    Kerr - 3ptr
    Kerr - 3ptr

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr was fantastic against Dallas in Game 6 of 2003 but many people forget that SJax was just as key and started the rally. He made 3 - 3 pointers himself, including 2 in a row. Lol, Spurs outscored them 34-9 in the 4th.

It was:

Sjax - 3ptr
    Kerr - 3ptr
    Sjax - 3ptr
    Sjax - 3ptr
    Kerr - 3ptr
    Kerr - 3ptr
    Kerr - 3ptr
    Jackson was a stud in that series, but most fans give him credit for his shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like the Patriots making something of Tebow.
    Did you just compare the Spurs to the patriots? That is outrageous. And Tim tebow is a phenomenal player...problem is should be playing tight end not qb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It was:

Sjax - 3ptr
    Kerr - 3ptr
    Sjax - 3ptr
    Sjax - 3ptr
    Kerr - 3ptr
    Kerr - 3ptr
    Kerr - 3ptr
    Kerr came in cold off the bench and just stepped in and hit those shots. SJax was part of the rotation and already had that expectation of being in there to make those kinds of plays...albeit he still had to knock them down, which he did incredibly well. Kerr may as well of been in a suit in the stands when he was called in to deliver. Pop had barely called his number prior to that. I think that's what made his performance so impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr came in cold off the bench and just stepped in and hit those shots. SJax was part of the rotation and already had that expectation of being in there to make those kinds of plays...albeit he still had to knock them down, which he did incredibly well. Kerr may as well of been in a suit in the stands when he was called in to deliver. Pop had barely called his number prior to that. I think that's what made his performance so impressive.
    That was all about Pop being his most stubborn self. I remember being incredibly pissed that Pop wouldn't put Kerr in through 3 quarters. The game was in reach but the Spurs weren't hitting jack from outside. Then the levee broke and it Dallas was toast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think the Spurs would be happy with Brent Price stats out of their 15th man. Why does he need to aim for white guys? Why not tell him to watch Iverson? He is the pride of Salt Lake Twmple after all. If his God exist, he should be able to request an Iverson sized solid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you just compare the Spurs to the patriots? That is outrageous.
    I don't know which way you mean it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs would be happy with Brent Price stats out of their 15th man. Why does he need to aim for white guys? Why not tell him to watch Iverson? He is the pride of Salt Lake Twmple after all. If his God exist, he should be able to request an Iverson sized solid.
    Because he doesn't have Iverson's speed or wingspan. He has to find a player with similar physical abilities. Mark Price has a similar body type, but maybe a little faster and a better dribbler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have a good shot to make him useful. Anyone thinking more than a rotation player, is a bit jaded. He could be an interesting option.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he will make the team. Good to talk about during the summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know which way you mean it.
    The Spurs are humble, hard working , make a basket and run back without the chest thumping. The Patriots ooze arrogance and evil; from the owner, coach to qb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like Kerr but no need to re-write history. Kerr hit a total of 3 shots in the finals. He had a total of 5 threes made throughout the playoffs come on...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In the speech about the shot against Utah he seems to think otherwise (irony).

I dont think it has anything to do with luck. He still needs to put in the time and shots in practice. He has stressed a number of times that everybody will or can have their moment. Kerr has just had a few.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the speech about the shot against Utah he seems to think otherwise (irony).

I dont think it has anything to do with luck. He still needs to put in the time and shots in practice. He has stressed a number of times that everybody will or can have their moment. Kerr has just had a few.
    We might be talking about 2 different things when it comes to luck. Kerr was a great shooter and a consummate professional. So when he got his opportunities, he made the best of them and came up big in big situations. No one can take that away from him.

What I'm saying is that he had a 14 year career, got 5 Championship rings - all while averaging 6 pts and a little over one assist and rebound per game. I think the luck comes in when you get to play with 2 of the greatest players of all time. There have been more talented players, with longer careers, that never won anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mormon on mormon violence in that comment section is pretty tough...

It's a pretty ty article, but the comment section is pure gold!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably, but the reality is had players like Jimmer or Morrison started with SA, they most likely wouldn't be out of the league or on the fringe. Jimmer and Morrison are both better and have more potential than players like Joseph or Neal.
    Agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if u can't play well on a lottery team,I can't see how he can contribute on a Champions contender
    Dysfunctional team is dysfunctional tbqh. No one is saying the kid is an all-star at this level, but it's reasonable to assume he will play better in a more defined and limited role with a more stable team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmer can shoot. Jimmer can run around screens. I don't see why Jimmer couldn't become a "special teams" 15th man for situations where we need another shooter on the court. We shall see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It was:

Sjax - 3ptr
    Kerr - 3ptr
    Sjax - 3ptr
    Sjax - 3ptr
    Kerr - 3ptr
    Kerr - 3ptr
    Kerr - 3ptr
    Even more people forget the D and hustle plays Kerr made in that stretch. He caused at least 2 TOs. He was a terrier!

That's still one of my favorite basketball sequences ever. We were stairing down the barrel, and then suddenly we were up 11 and never looked back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RASUAL BUTLER CAN DO MUCH BETTER,I PREFER GIVE A CHANCE TO EDDIE THAN AN UNPROVEN UNDERSIZED SG
    Rasual Butler is 36. I'd rather see what a young player can do with the 15th spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if u can't play well on a lottery team,I can't see how he can contribute on a Champions contender
    OMG Dany Green!! o...

Thread Information