Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    By all means, I think Wilson is bad QB, but still dont know why Seahawks wont trade him rather than paying him $25M

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    By all means, I think Wilson is bad QB, but still dont know why Seahawks wont trade him rather than paying him $25M
    because you usually dont trade somebody that will stabilize your QB position for a decade

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    The Saints already drafted what they are hoping to become Brees' replacement. There's no way in they want to pay Russell Wilson 21+ million dollars a year for the next 5 years AND lose the best player on their roster in the process. That would set the franchise back a decade.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Wilson has maybe 5 years left as a starter with the way he plays...almost none of those QB's last "to stabilize the qb position for a decade." Fact of life

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    RW is never going to be in a position again to be able to play on the best team in the NFL AND be offered a 21 million dollar per year contract. For him to turn that down is just plain asinine. I'm sure a deal will get done by the start of camp, but if it doesn't because he tries to squeeze out another couple mil per year out of Seattle, then he is re ed.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Wilson has maybe 5 years left as a starter with the way he plays...almost none of those QB's last "to stabilize the qb position for a decade." Fact of life
    yeah, on second thought i agree. shouldn't have said the "next decade" but it ultimately could be a full decade from the day he started, i guess. still, even if he's eventually overpaid (seems that way), he'll likely hold the position down for the duration of that deal. being in a position where ur shopping for a QB usually means you aren't in the playoffs, no matter how stacked the rest of the roster is

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    They wont win with Brees. Rebuild, starting with QB.
    Paying franchise-killing money to the new Aaron Brooks would hamper any attempt at a rebuild.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Sure can tell how little people on this board know about football, sheesh~~~~~~~~

Anyone here actually understand the game?

Lucky for you I'm here to teach.

I challenge the board to show me any QB in NFL history who rivals what RW did in their first three seasons.

Talking....

wins
    playoff wins
    SB's
    QB rating
    stats

Come on don't be a pussy. What NFL QB had a better first three seasons than RW, well?

Go ahead look at Montana, Brady, Manning, Marino, Elway, Favre, Rodgers, anyone, show me the guy who did it better after three seasons.

Come on rookies.

Big fish in a small pond, ha~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Avante; 07-29-2015 at 12:30 AM.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    In three seasons, Montana had already carried his team to 4 victories on occasions when the defense gave up more than 24.

Brady 7 times.

Manning 3 times.

Marino 5 times.

Elway 2 times.

Cam 2 times.

Favre 2 times.

Gayron 3 times.

gotesque Game manager: ZERO

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    that's probably the most arbitrary definition of success i've ever seen in a sports argument ever

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    In three seasons, Montana had already carried his team to 4 victories on occasions when the defense gave up more than 24.

Brady 7 times.

Manning 3 times.

Marino 5 times.

Elway 2 times.

Cam 2 times.

Favre 2 times.

Gayron 3 times.

gotesque Game manager: ZERO
    Montana had QB ratings of...

35/21 TD/INT

15-9 record

RW

66/26 TD/INT

36-12 record

NEXT!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    QB ratings don't win games, ing nerd.

Players do.

Especially guys like Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor.

In the rare times they haven't, Game Manager can't even lead his team to a win, which is something every elite QB in history had done at least twice in their first three starting seasons.

Keep talking about rookie cards you dumb old

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    QB ratings don't win games, ing nerd.

Players do.

Especially guys like Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor.

In the rare times they haven't, Game Manager can't even lead his team to a win, which is something every elite QB in history had done at least twice in their first three starting seasons.

Keep talking about rookie cards you dumb old
    So tell me stupid what QB in the league has more 4th Q GWD's than RW since he came in the league, go ahead idiot tell me.

Damn your dumb.

Why is it that Newton's rookie card ain't worth , oh yeah it's because he is .

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    that's probably the most arbitrary definition of success i've ever seen in a sports argument ever
    Mad that Struggle isn't good enough to bail out his team when the defense fails, like a real franchise QB

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Mad that Struggle isn't good enough to bail out his team when the defense fails, like a real franchise QB
    Ever actually have a clue what you're talking about, ever?

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=WilsRu00

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Wilson agrees to extension, 4 years. Details to come.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    87.6 mil over 4 years

60 mil guaranteed
    Last edited by Darth_Pelican; 07-31-2015 at 09:28 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    That`s a lot. Like 20% of cap, for players who wont make any diffrence alone

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Good deal. And Wilson is definitely elite. He is accurate, runs great, intelligent, and a natural leader.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    could have been worse.. still way above his true value.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Facts

Winningest QB in their first three seasons ever.
    His stats on a par with any other third year QB in history.
    No QB ever had more playoff success in their first three seasons.

Russell Wilson has had the best first three seasons we have seen from a QB.

He was just voted the 22th best player in the league by the players, the fifth best QB.

His first three seasons highlight video......amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been into this stuff since the late 50, s will stack my experience up against anyone here. In my opinion he is the best young QB I've seen. He is the total package, he has it all and well worth the $$$$$$.

And, I'm a Niner fan.

Now before the stupid.....he had a defense, he had a running back......did he have a THE GRONK or a Calvin Johnson?
    Last edited by Avante; 07-31-2015 at 11:22 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Fair deal. If you look at the contract's real money. he'll be the 10th highest paid qb.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Facts

Winningest QB in their first three seasons ever.
    His stats on a par with any other third year QB in history.
    No QB ever had more playoff success in their first three seasons.

Russell Wilson has had the best first three seasons we have seen from a QB.

He was just voted the 22th best player in the league by the players, the fifth best QB.

His first three seasons highlight video......amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been into this stuff since the late 50, s will stack my experience up against anyone here. In my opinion he is the best young QB I've seen. He is the total package, he has it all and well worth the $$$$$$.

And, I'm a Niner fan.
    RW is great at what he is asked to do for his team, but in my opinion he isn't someone that could carry an "average" team to conference championship games like Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck did for their teams last year. He had the fortunate task of being the QB for the team with the best defense in the NFL. I know that isn't RW's fault. He shouldn't have to apologize for being on the team with the best defense in the NFL. I'm just saying, the word "elite" is thrown around way too easily these days. RW had a really bad postseason last year. His 4 interceptions in the NFC le game was terrible, and so was his game clinching INT in the Super Bowl.

With this big contract, now the real test begins. Will he stay humble and work hard now that he has enough money to buy a small country. Will he be able to maintain his winning ways now that it will become harder for the team to pay all of those stud defensive players. They went and got him Jimmy Graham, so he has that working for him.

More is going to be asked of RW going forward. He's had a great start to his career, and now we'll see if he maintains it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    RW is great at what he is asked to do for his team, but in my opinion he isn't someone that could carry an "average" team to conference championship games like Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck did for their teams last year. He had the fortunate task of being the QB for the team with the best defense in the NFL. I know that isn't RW's fault. He shouldn't have to apologize for being on the team with the best defense in the NFL. I'm just saying, the word "elite" is thrown around way too easily these days. RW had a really bad postseason last year. His 4 interceptions in the NFC le game was terrible, and so was his game clinching INT in the Super Bowl.

With this big contract, now the real test begins. Will he stay humble and work hard now that he has enough money to buy a small country. Will he be able to maintain his winning ways now that it will become harder for the team to pay all of those stud defensive players. They went and got him Jimmy Graham, so he has that working for him.

More is going to be asked of RW going forward. He's had a great start to his career, and now we'll see if he maintains it.
    Nobody ever takes the time to actualy check up on what other QB's did in their first three seasons, if they did they would see why I'm high on RW. He came right off the bus and took over, how many others did that and had the success he's had? And having seen him at NCSt/Wisconsin I know for a fact he would be doing the same things on any team he played for. He left the college game as the top all time passer.

All this talk of his defense/Lynch is what those who don't understand the game talk about.

Here we have the athlete at QB, the best example we've seen of leader/runner/passer/winner.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

He's not elite... heck Philip Rivers was never called elite even at his best, back when the elite tier was Manning/Brady/Brees, etc. But Wilson is pretty good and Seattle won't be looking to address their QB position as long as he's around. He's probably on the back end up the top 10 in the league. I'm interested to see what he can do with Graham

Thread Information