Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    What's inherently wrong with killing a lion again?
    God damn ur uneducated. The reason why most animals in the world are on the verge of extinction is because of dumb s like you. Hunters have been destroying these animals for centuries and now that they are practicing a little conservation and producing 10 lions a year so they can kill 2, dip s like you think it's ok to keep killing these majestic animals.

The whole reason we're in this mess as a planet is because of the egocentric thinking of human beings. Trophy hunters are just putting a band aid on the disaster they have created. The entire argument that without them these animals would go extinct years ago is absolute horse .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    God damn ur uneducated. The reason why most animals in the world are on the verge of extinction is because of dumb s like you. Hunters have been destroying these animals for centuries and now that they are practicing a little conservation and producing 10 lions a year so they can kill 2, dip s like you think it's ok to keep killing these majestic animals.

The whole reason we're in this mess as a planet is because of the egocentric thinking of human beings. Trophy hunters are just putting a band aid on the disaster they have created. The entire argument that without them these animals would go extinct years ago is absolute horse .

I mean, I'm all about protecting animals but the reality is that things become extinct. For whatever cause, natural or manmade, it's just how it works. Species kill off other species. Some probably before they even had a chance to propagate. Will it suck if Lions become extinct? Yes. But will it really have much bearing on anything in today's modern world? No. Besides, we're not too far from being able to recreate whatever we want anyway.

Extinction of certain plants and insects is much more problematic than losing the lions or polar bears.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings

Wow, that's not an overreaction at all.
    Do you hunt? Do you own a bow? No? Well I do, so shut the up with your overreaction bull , it's the ing internet.

CubanSucksSuperFunTimeGo! Pauly D's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets

Easy. Take a breath and do some research of your own, you dumb . You're posting like an emotion driven hippie chick. Everything you said has been debunked. Most animals on the verge if extinction?! You're right, the ones that are are due to assholes who killed anything they saw. But that's in the past and the reason numbers are going up, and in some species record high, is because of hunters.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I dont think many people understand the situation in Zimbabwe under the Mugabe government or how many villages of people can be fed for that $50,000 he spent to kill the lion. Many people rely this type of hunting in order to survive. Things are so bad that the anti colonialist government is begging for white farmers to return to the farms they were evicted from years earlier http://m.news24.com/news24/Africa/Zi...eport-20150716

Anyway I think this is all an attempt at a distraction from the undercover planned parenthood tapes. Many black Africans will starve if a ban is put on this type of hunting or the threat of prosecution for participating in these hunts. I guess not all black lives matter or they only matter if its part of a current liberal outrage.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I dont think many people understand the situation in Zimbabwe under the Mugabe government or how many villages of people can be fed for that $50,000 he spent to kill the lion. Many people rely this type of hunting in order to survive. Things are so bad that the anti colonialist government is begging for white farmers to return to the farms they were evicted from years earlier http://m.news24.com/news24/Africa/Zi...eport-20150716

Anyway I think this is all an attempt at a distraction from the undercover planned parenthood tapes. Many black Africans will starve if a ban is put on this type of hunting or the threat of prosecution for participating in these hunts. I guess not all black lives matter or they only matter if its part of a current liberal outrage.
    this lion shouldn't have been hunted. God damn, we already knew you were stupid, but !

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    So squeezably soft and cuddly right after you kill em

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    So squeezably soft and cuddly right after you kill em
    Helped more impoverished people in one day's paid game permit than you'll sniff in your entire lifetime. shrug

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Name
    You pronounce my name "Kwah-li," any questions?
    I bring many blessings with my man Hi-Tek and he from the 'Natti....
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Helped more impoverished people in one day's paid game permit than you'll sniff in your entire lifetime. shrug
    Now, now... he helps the poor by hiring them to his wife.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Yeah..but..she's smiling and obviously having a good time!!!!!!! ING CUŅT !!!!!! ALL MY OUTRAGE!!!!!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    That's probably false.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    That's probably false.
    No, it's probably an understatement

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    That's probably false.
    How much do you estimate you'll donate to conservation in your lifetime?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I mean, I'm all about protecting animals but the reality is that things become extinct. For whatever cause, natural or manmade, it's just how it works. Species kill off other species. Some probably before they even had a chance to propagate. Will it suck if Lions become extinct? Yes. But will it really have much bearing on anything in today's modern world? No. Besides, we're not too far from being able to recreate whatever we want anyway.

Extinction of certain plants and insects is much more problematic than losing the lions or polar bears.
    Easy. Take a breath and do some research of your own, you dumb . You're posting like an emotion driven hippie chick. Everything you said has been debunked. Most animals on the verge if extinction?! You're right, the ones that are are due to assholes who killed anything they saw. But that's in the past and the reason numbers are going up, and in some species record high, is because of hunters.
    By far the dumbest I've ever read. So the only thing we should concern ourselves over is about the modern world and not care about the planet we're occupying? You seriously think with the at ude human beings have today about destroying nature will go without repercussion for generations to come? It's not even worth debating this since it's already been proven numerous times on how our oceans are being fished out, the mammals are bottle necking in genetics, and just about everything humans can get their hands on is being destroyed.

The numbers went down in the first place because of hunting which needs to stop when it comes to trophy hunters.

Feel free to post your thoughts on Facebook, I'm sure you guys are too chicken to talk this big on there. It's always easy to hide behind a Spurstalk account.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    legal hunting with proceeds is fine. it's the poachers we need to be worried about, but they're smart enough to not post facebook photos.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    By far the dumbest I've ever read. So the only thing we should concern ourselves over is about the modern world and not care about the planet we're occupying? You seriously think with the at ude human beings have today about destroying nature will go without repercussion for generations to come? It's not even worth debating this since it's already been proven numerous times on how our oceans are being fished out, the mammals are bottle necking in genetics, and just about everything humans can get their hands on is being destroyed.

The numbers went down in the first place because of hunting which needs to stop when it comes to trophy hunters.

Feel free to post your thoughts on Facebook, I'm sure you guys are too chicken to talk this big on there. It's always easy to hide behind a Spurstalk account.
    Hunters (not poachers) and Fisherman (not commercial poachers) care more about and do more for the environment than your keyboard warrior ass.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings

http://conservationmagazine.org/2014...-conservation/

Don't be a chicken and discuss

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm one of the most pro-animal people here, but I rarely blame the hunters in this type of situation, tbh..in this particular case, it's disgusting that they made the lion suffer, though, disgusting..

In my teens, before learning more about it, I was anti-hunting out of principal and love for animals, without realizing the potential positives that these hunters can do for conservation and the economies of the countries where these animals live..

However, although I don't blame or dislike the hunters themselves(I think you have to have some ed up issues and overcompensating, as well, if you get a thrill out of killing an animal with a weapon in an unfair fight, though), the argument that they help conservation and economies is mostly bull , tbh..

Unfortunately, most of these animals are in Africa, the most corrupt and poorly ran continent on the planet, with very few of their countries being an exception..while this money allegedly goes to conservation and helping their economies, there's actually very little that trickles down to conservation efforts and even less to help anybody..

That isn't the fault of American(and others) hunters, of course, they are just satisfying their little- fetish, so I feel bad for some of them that have their everyday lives ruined by social media for killing an animal with the understanding that they are aiding conservation efforts and the overall species..can't really blame the hunters if the money isn't being allocated correctly, tbh..

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    legal hunting with proceeds is fine. it's the poachers we need to be worried about, but they're smart enough to not post facebook photos.
    Except this poacher

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Hunters (not poachers) and Fisherman (not commercial poachers) care more about and do more for the environment than your keyboard warrior ass.
    I fish, I am not agains hunting at all. This is about trophy hunting. LOL at the keyboard warrior stuff...you only call someone a keyboard warrior when they threaten violence online dumb .

Like this guy says, it can help to boost numbers but watch at the end on the statistics. The lion population is down 80% in large part due to mismanagement of trophy hunting. Check mate.

Last edited by Thebesteva; 07-30-2015 at 11:13 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I fish, I am not agains hunting at all. This is about trophy hunting. LOL at the keyboard warrior stuff...you only call someone a keyboard warrior when they threaten violence online dumb .
    Sorry, social justice warrior.

Did you read the article I posted on trophy hunting and how the white rhino population has seen a massive increase along with elephants all because private lands were opened up to hunting? Did you see the 11 million+ dollars that were brought into that economy that would never been there if not for trophy hunting? Splits ran away from it, I'm hoping someone will stick with me and argue it. Please read the article and get back to me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Sorry, social justice warrior.

Did you read the article I posted on trophy hunting and how the white rhino population has seen a massive increase along with elephants all because private lands were opened up to hunting? Did you see the 11 million+ dollars that were brought into that economy that would never been there if not for trophy hunting? Splits ran away from it, I'm hoping someone will stick with me and argue it. Please read the article and get back to me.
    K I will...a bit busy tonight. I am actually interested because I have taken many courses in agriculture and unfortunately after work I have no patience to sit down and type for hours to someone who already has their mind made up. Ill get back at you soon.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    People in the animal’s native Zimbabwe want to know what all the
    outrage is in killing of another lion. I thought the best quote was...........

“Why are the Americans more concerned than us?” said Joseph Mabuwa, a
    33-year-old father of two cleaning his car in the center of the capital.
    “We never hear them speak out when villagers are killed by lions and elephants in Hwange.”

http://nypost.com/2015/07/30/what-li...-cecil-circus/

Thread Information