Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seems like more and more often, businesses are trying to take advantage of those using a credit card.

PetSmart was the first that I really remember making it easy to donate. There was always a spot to donate a dollar or two for SPCA or something. I always clicked the $1 option. I don't go there more than once every month or two so even if PetSmart keeps most of that, it was worth it just to not feel guilty for not chipping in something.

Now it seems every ing convenience story and many retail store are supporting some cause and asking you to kick in a buck or two. It used to be so infrequent that I would usually do it. Now, it's so prevalent that I don't give anything to any of them. Knowing that they probably keep 80% of it anyway.

The other thing is now there seems to be a spot for tips on every ing restaurant receipt. Even at places where you pay for and pick up your food at the counter. Not that I feel obliged in most cases but now I have to worry about all these fast food workers altering the receipt. I usually throw away the receipt before I even sit down to eat. I'd never notice a few dollars getting added on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I hate that guilt trip at the register bull .

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't mind the tipping spot on a register receipt because it's optional and I feel no guilt adding a big zero. But I never tip to the ones who ask for a tip by putting out a jar by the register unless they are a bartender or a musician.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't mind the tipping spot on a register receipt because it's optional and I feel no guilt adding a big zero. But I never tip to the ones who ask for a tip by putting out a jar by the register unless they are a bartender or a musician.
    I mind it for a couple of reasons:

1) if I'm ordering food and I don't tip but the guy in front of me does, I might get worse service or some spit in my food.
    I'm sure as soon as one walks away, it's "Hey Juan, number 49, two tacos...he didn't tip".

2) always the possibility that the fast food workers try to add a buck or two on my bill. Even if I cross out the space.

Some places I understand. But at Taco Cabana?

So because of all that bull , I always throw on $2 extra.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Panda Express always asks that , not tips, but donations for some bull .

Nuttin' in these bitches philldafunk's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do you guys believe in tipping for to go orders? Like if you call something in, and you show up 15 min later to pick it up??

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Do you guys believe in tipping for to go orders? Like if you call something in, and you show up 15 min later to pick it up??
    no.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yes. Always tip. It's people's lives & if you can afford it, what's a few dollars to you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yes. Always tip. It's people's lives & if you can afford it, what's a few dollars to you?
    This is where I always end up at. I always throw in a couple of bucks, reminding myself that if my life is affected by giving away an extra $20 or so a month, then I need to rethink my job situation. Even on to go orders, the bartender or waiter has to go back and put that together and then put it in a bag.

If I'm at a table getting waited on, I always tip a minimum of $5. Even if the meal was only $5 itself. She's doing the same amount of work for the most part. If the service is fine, then I'm tipping 30-35%. Because the extra 5% on a $50 tab just isn't that much.

Just seems like now, the restaurants are taking advantage of the situation. I'd feel better if I knew it was going to the person doing the work.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I hate that guilt trip at the register bull .
    I tip frequently and usually generously. However, if I am picking food up to-go, I am almost offended when I see an option to tip as I pay at the register.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I used to wonder how many waitresses got stiffed because of that scene.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is where I always end up at. I always throw in a couple of bucks, reminding myself that if my life is affected by giving away an extra $20 or so a month, then I need to rethink my job situation. Even on to go orders, the bartender or waiter has to go back and put that together and then put it in a bag.

If I'm at a table getting waited on, I always tip a minimum of $5. Even if the meal was only $5 itself. She's doing the same amount of work for the most part. If the service is fine, then I'm tipping 30-35%. Because the extra 5% on a $50 tab just isn't that much.

Just seems like now, the restaurants are taking advantage of the situation. I'd feel better if I knew it was going to the person doing the work.
    I'm exactly the same way all the way down to the minimum $5 tip . I never tip less than $5 (vaaaaaaast majority of the time - unless it's something where tipping isn't expected and I drop a couple bucks into a cup). I always tip at least 20%, but if that 20% is less than $5, I always tip $5.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm exactly the same way all the way down to the minimum $5 tip . I never tip less than $5 (vaaaaaaast majority of the time - unless it's something where tipping isn't expected and I drop a couple bucks into a cup). I always tip at least 20%, but if that 20% is less than $5, I always tip $5.
    Yep. Exactly. If it's a jar at the counter and I pay in cash, I'll tip up to $2 and what ever coins I get back. If I get back $4, I usually keep $2. If I use a cc, I'll tip a couple if I have them. If I only get a $5 back or only have a $5, I'll go to the trouble of getting 5 ones and tipping a couple. Although I still have a weakness that if its a cute chick, I'll throw in the whole $5 and try to wait until they see me do it. Lol. And if I'm with my boss, I always tip more than him. He thinks he tips well and has no clue that I'm always going over whatever he puts in.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I agree. But I'm not going to tell other people they have to tip. I tip out of kindness and because I appreciate someone's service. I don't do it (1) because I feel obligated (2) because I can afford it. There are many things I can afford to do but choose not to.

I could take what you said and apply it to passing out $20's to every hobo I see outside a gas station. I rarely, if ever, have given money to panhandlers or hobos. I'm not even sure if that's a good thing...I just don't do it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I agree. But I'm not going to tell other people they have to tip. I tip out of kindness and because I appreciate someone's service. I don't do it (1) because I feel obligated (2) because I can afford it. There are many things I can afford to do but choose not to.

I could take what you said and apply it to passing out $20's to every hobo I see outside a gas station. I rarely, if ever, have given money to panhandlers or hobos. I'm not even sure if that's a good thing...I just don't do it.
    No offense but you sound full of . You "rarely if ever" hand out money to hobos? Have you or have you not? You seriously don't remember if you've done that?

And that's a totally different issue anyway. Lol equating tipping to giving $20 a pop to "hobos".

And are you saying you would tip, even if you couldn't afford it? Is that even possible? Being able to afford it is paramount to tipping.

And being kind and feeling obligated aren't mutually exclusive. I'm kind but I do also feel a strong obligation to help others. Especially those that are working menial jobs to make ends meet or progress to something better.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lmao at this got

Take out = no tip

U are ing it for for everyone else

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lmao at this got

Take out = no tip

U are ing it for for everyone else

Thread Information