Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh Cleveland drafted him, then miami made a super team, then he went back home...hes played for two teams n both r justified...this is stupid thread r u a kid
    Based on the eye test... you're the 13 year old in this situation. Actually, a 13 year old from 2007. I thought T9Word on cell phones was a thing of the past?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A year ago if you'd said that Westbrook was far better than Melo, any casual fan would've laughed in your face.
    Nobody takes Melo seriously anyhow.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, last summer, if Silver had just moved the Cavs to the West, Lebron wouldn't join them?
    What about Lebron's history would make you think that Lebron's about the challenge more than the bling?

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not. Because he's not stupid, and this is not a Hollywood script. Easy road to the Finals matters for him and every FA. This does not mean that a western team would be a deal-breaker no matter what. His only real option to go west was in 2010 and he chose to form a superteam with his buddy, conferences be damned.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not. Because he's not stupid, and this is not a Hollywood script. Easy road to the Finals matters for him and every FA. This does not mean that a western team would be a deal-breaker no matter what. His only real option to go west was in 2010 and he chose to form a superteam with his buddy, conferences be damned.
    Actually, that's exactly what it means. EC has been the way easier conference since LBJ has been in the league. He knows this first hand. The WC has never been a (realistic) option. But to throw you a bone, LBJ may have at least looked at some WC teams very slightly (not seriously) at points in free agency.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, none of us resides in LBJ's head, thanfully, so we can only surmise. Like I said before, a Cavs to the west realignment in 2014 would not deter him from going back there, being between an aging Riley led eastern team and his hometown western team where he's the defacto GM. I guess we agree to disagree on that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, none of us resides in LBJ's head, thanfully, so we can only surmise. Like I said before, a Cavs to the west realignment in 2014 would not deter him from going back there, being between an aging Riley led eastern team and his hometown western team where he's the defacto GM. I guess we agree to disagree on that.
    He's not a hard read. Cash, fame and glory are his very concrete bottom line. When you understand that, you don't need to really be in his head to understand the thought process. As such, a Cavs to the west realignment absolutely would have prohibited him from going to the Cavs. He would have went to any other team in the East before he went to the Cavs. Having a perennial cakewalk to the finals as opposed to having to compete in four very losable knockdown drag-out series is a no-brainer.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bailing out on the Heat after a disappointing loss in 2014 and going somewhere other than Cleveland? No way LBJ submits himself to more mainstream hate. His only real chance to join a western team was 2010 , and he chose Wade.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bailing out on the Heat after a disappointing loss in 2014 and going somewhere other than Cleveland? No way LBJ submits himself to more mainstream hate. His only real chance to join a western team was 2010 , and he chose Wade.
    I didn't say that he would have or wouldn't have bailed on the Heat in that scenario; just that a WC Cavs signing wouldn't have been an option. But he would have went to whatever team offered him the greatest chance for success (money/glory/accolades). That could've been Chicago; or he may have went back to the Heat. The point is it's not about loyalty or challenge or whatever. But EC Cleveland was a no brainer b/c they had the ability to be top dog in the East right away and for years to come; and he got greater personnel control; and he gets to "redeem" himself and gets the bonus story line of breaking the Cleveland curse and hometown kid makes good and yadda yadda.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, it was the perfect opportunity and his management team spun the narrative well. We agree on that. I'm saying that he would choose to go back even in a less than perfect scenario ( Cavs in the West). And that he'd never leave Miami for Chicago or any other team besides Cleveland , East or West.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, it was the perfect opportunity and his management team spun the narrative well. We agree on that. I'm saying that he would choose to go back even in a less than perfect scenario ( Cavs in the West). And that he'd never leave Miami for Chicago or any other team besides Cleveland , East or West.
    Well, the media (who was bitter about their basketball universe transferring from South Beach to sh*t town) actually called LBJ out on that. But whenever (if) he wins a championship with Cleveland, they'll put that behind them and spin that narrative for James b/c it's in their interest to do so.

I don't get why you're saying LBJ wouldn't leave Miami. They had just got decimated. Wade was getting older. LBJ doesn't even like Bosh. He began to resent his presence. With LBJ, they weren't even going to likely be better than Indy before George broke his leg. The writing was on the wall for LBJ to leave Miami. If Cleveland's not on the table, then Miami would have been more of an option. But Chicago would have been a better option cos they had more pieces. Even the Knicks may have been a better option than Miami, tbh.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We both agree that LBJ is very media sensitive. Bailing out on a second franchise the moment things start to look bleak to join a third is not something he can easily spin to his advantage as a narrative. His brand would take a hit. Cleveland was his perfect getaway from the Riley regime.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We both agree that LBJ is very media sensitive. Bailing out on a second franchise the moment things start to look bleak to join a third is not something he can easily spin to his advantage as a narrative. His brand would take a hit. Cleveland was his perfect getaway from the Riley regime.
    I can see that; and if Lebron thought that Miami could stay on the top, then maybe that's the over-riding factor. But after having just got destroyed by the Spurs, I have to wonder if LBJ didn't think it was the end of the road for the Heat regardless.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I can bet he was thinking that. Plus Riley didn't cede control of the Heat facilities to him and his posse. I wager he would still stay there, though, had Cleveland not become an option.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I can bet he was thinking that. Plus Riley didn't cede control of the Heat facilities to him and his posse. I wager he would still stay there, though, had Cleveland not become an option.
    Why would Lebron stay on a team that he doesn't think can win a championship? I think even with Cleveland out of the picture, it was a low percent chance he stayed in Miami. Yes, he takes hits in the media every time he leaves a team; but his m.o. is not loyalty; it's competing for rings.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt he believed he wouldn't win again in Miami, maybe not in 2015, but he'd get a reloaded roster eventually. I think he just wanted to basically run his own team, which is what the Cavs offered him.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt he believed he wouldn't win again in Miami, maybe not in 2015, but he'd get a reloaded roster eventually. I think he just wanted to basically run his own team, which is what the Cavs offered him.
    Reloaded how? They were up against it cap wise and weren't going to be bringing anyone in of great noteworthiness. And the Heat were only getting older and more depleted in upcoming years. And I don't think Lebron has much patience for being on a team that will not be a realistic contender even for a season. If there's an exception to that rule, it's NY and not Miami. Reason being the great marketing potential; he literally can make tens of millions more in a year; also, the Knicks can spend much more.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2014 Heat coming back as-is would still make the Finals, at the least. I doubt LBJ would ever go to dysfunctional NY or Jordantown Chicago, for reasons stated in my previous posts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he always want to be on a superteam, yea probably after years of failing with the cavs but that was as much management not being able to put a suitable team around him. So is he afraid of west, no, does he wanna be on a team with two other superstars to win, yes cause that appears to be the recipe today...a big three. I thought that guy saying i looked like a kid then saying i was using a way of typing from the past was funny, he basically contadicted himself n confirmed my age lol. I short type cause im on a cell n because im older i don't got time or care for grammar/semantics, hence my low post count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2014 Heat coming back as-is would still make the Finals, at the least. I doubt LBJ would ever go to dysfunctional NY or Jordantown Chicago, for reasons stated in my previous posts.
    I agree. But the Heat would have lost the finals. And that's based on before the Paul George injury. I don't think LBJ even saw that Heat team beating Indy, tbh. With Cleveland, LBJ had some belief that the Cavs could be good enough to win a championship even if it was only maybe a a 2 or 3 in 10 chance.

I don't think LBJ had problems going to Chicago or NY. He just had a better opportunity with Cleveland is all.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe so. I'd rather just watch Lebron play than psychoanalyze him, anyway. I can just imagine him in the Spurs system and drool. If he wanted to come here he' have at least 5 les from 2014 - 2022. And we would have made space for him. Not his entourage though, heh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe so. I'd rather just watch Lebron play than psychoanalyze him, anyway. I can just imagine him in the Spurs system and drool. If he wanted to come here he' have at least 5 les from 2014 - 2022. And we would have made space for him. Not his entourage though, heh.
    Not about psychoanlayzing him really. He's stated his goal of becoming a billionairre. What he does is to that end. It's not about talking to his family and being happy and all the BS he claims. Frankly, this is why people like rooting against him. They know he's a phony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he always want to be on a superteam, yea probably after years of failing with the cavs but that was as much management not being able to put a suitable team around him. So is he afraid of west, no, does he wanna be on a team with two other superstars to win, yes cause that appears to be the recipe today...a big three. I thought that guy saying i looked like a kid then saying i was using a way of typing from the past was funny, he basically contadicted himself n confirmed my age lol. I short type cause im on a cell n because im older i don't got time or care for grammar/semantics, hence my low post count
    You are a re ed kid. Learn how to spell, then we can have big boy talks.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You are a re ed kid. Learn how to spell, then we can have big boy talks.
    We don't do the spelling indictment down here, shorts. You'd know that if you hadn't waited upstairs till your got your 2nd 5th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just pushing thoughts around here during a lull in the offseason... I know, I know, this should have been posted in another forum, but I ing hate those guys, and could care less about their responses.

So, Lebron has the luxury of picking and choosing wherever he wants to go. Anyone, everywhere, and their grandma would love to have the guy on their side of the ball. I'm not gonna nitpick about salaries and caps... I'm just curious as to what you guys think about a "potential" GOAT consistently picking a loser conference. The guy is basically opting for a hall pass all the way to the Finals year after year after year. I don't blame him... Why not choose a guarantee to the promised land year after year, featured advertisements, and potential "legendary status" just for continuously reaching at least the Finals year after year?

So the question I put forth to you Spursfans... Is Lebron scared to compete in the beast of a Western Conference? Or is it just coincidence?
    Option C: You're an idiot.

Thread Information