Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I got popped for not coming to a complete halt before turning right on a red light. $275. Unbelivable.
    You deserved it.

My ex wife will suffer for life. She was hit by a driver doing exactly that.

When the rolling speed and pedestrian walking speed are at the right positions, you see no movement past the post at the windshield.

Believe it of not, some laws that appear silly, aren't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You deserved it.

My ex wife will suffer for life. She was hit by a driver doing exactly that.

When the rolling speed and pedestrian walking speed are at the right positions, you see no movement past the post at the windshield.

Believe it of not, some laws that appear silly, aren't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jennings, MO settles for 4.7 million to avoid charges it illegally jailed thousands:

In recent years, civil rights groups have taken cities to court to compel changes to their operation of so-called debtors' prisons, where those who cannot afford to pay fines are jailed until their debts are paid off. The practice was first barred under federal law in 1833. In 1983, the Supreme Court ruled that the act of imprisoning someone unable to settle their debt uncons utional. Yet lawsuits and a federal investigation into policing and court practices in Ferguson following the death of Michael Brown shed light on how municipal courts locked up poor residents who couldn't pay off their debts as a way to generate revenue. Beyond Jennings, federal lawsuits are under way against Ferguson and 13 other cities in the St. Louis area over the alleged operation of modern-day debtors' prisons.

"One thing that has been revealed over and over again in the Ferguson investigation and these lawsuits is that the worst practices tend to arise when courts and other officials perceive a financial necessity in funding their operation through fees and fines," says Larry Schwartztol, executive director of Harvard University's Criminal Justice Policy Program. "That creates conflicts of interest and distorts the justice system." William Maurer, an attorney for the Ins ute for Justice, told Mother Jones in July that small towns around urban areas "have municipal infrastructure that can't be supported by the tax base, and so they ticket everything in sight to keep the town functioning."
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...son-lawsuit%20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even by Texas standards this is kind of wow. Article is even crazier than the headline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a profanity-laced rant, Portillo lashed out against another law enforcement official while working an off-duty security job nearly 200 miles away from his jurisdiction in Coffee City.

“I’m about to call (Jerry) Garcia and tell him he’s going to be f----- in his next election,” Portillo said.

Portillo was referring to Constable Jerry Garcia, the elected constable of Harris County Precinct 2. The off-duty chief had called the constable’s office for assistance at a southeast Houston apartment complex where Portillo worked his extra security job. Portillo wanted Precinct 2 to file charges on a man he said assaulted him at the complex. The Feb. 14 encounter was captured on a responding deputy constable’s body camera.

“I’m going to call Garcia right now, tell his a-- he’s a f------ p---- or his chain of command is,” Portillo said.

Garcia said it was just one in a pattern of requests from several off-duty Coffee City officers working extra jobs at the apartment complex.

“Which at first was no big deal, we help anybody and everybody, but then we noticed it was becoming a pattern,” Garcia said.

Garcia said the pattern was draining his department’s resources so the constable reached out to the Harris County District Attorney’s Office.

“And we were advised to tell Chief Portillo that he had to file the charge,” Garcia said.

But when deputies did just that, Portillo left a nasty voicemail on the constable’s phone.

“Your captain, lieutenants or whoever those numbn--- are that you have working for you, you know tell them your job is to f------ help us out,” said Portillo on the bodycam footage.
    https://www.khou.com/article/news/in...b-7b670b72f35e

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not the only example KHOU 11 Investigates found that calls into question Portillo’s character and integrity. In his application to become Coffee City’s police chief he never listed a 2004 DWI charge out of Bay County, Florida, in which he failed to appear in court. When asked why he didn’t list the charge on his application, Portillo said: “I just didn’t disclose it, it was over 10 years ago.”

But court records show Portillo still had an active warrant, and the case hadn’t been disposed of. The day after the interview with KHOU 11 Investigates, Portillo hired a Florida defense attorney who filed a not-guilty plea in the case.

Portillo continued to defend himself, rebutting questions of whether he was truthful.

“That's not what it is. I'm not, not being truthful,” he said. “I just put down everything that was in my mind when I filled out my application to the best of my knowledge.”

That same job application states “Be truthful, as there are criminal consequences for lying on a governmental record.”

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The intrinsic fact remains; once turned they're infallible as "an officer of the court."

Accused: "But, judge, I swear to you I did not speed."

Cop/officer of the court: "I swear he sped. I saw him."

Judge: "Guilty. Pay the bailiff, sir."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even by Texas standards this is kind of wow. Article is even crazier than the headline.

This is what the freedom of speech is for. These insects need to be exposed to the light.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what the freedom of speech is for. These insects need to be exposed to the light.
    oh they have been

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sunshine therapy worked, Coffee City just canned the chief and deactivated the Coffee City PD.

After investigative reports showed a small East Texas town had one officer for every five residents, city officials canned their police chief and deactivated the police department. Now, locals are showing up at city hall to have their tickets dismissed due to over policing
    https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...e-18380508.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't even take them 15 minutes to make the decision, according to KHOU.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sunshine therapy worked, Coffee City just canned the chief and deactivated the Coffee City PD.

Seems like a class action lawsuit in the making.

and wow.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I surmise at least that it's populated by White people, so, they'll be no rioting and looting like when it's Black people.

Thread Information