Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Ignorance of the law isn't a defense.

How many times do you have to be told that?
    Ok cool. You think he'll be charged with poaching and I don't. Guess we'll just see what happens.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    the only way I am for it in the case of something like a lion is if it is past its breeding years and even then the dude should try something else to compensate for his penis.
    What are your thoughts on its impact on the environment and economy?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok cool. You think he'll be charged with poaching and I don't. Guess we'll just see what happens.
    As I said four time before I think he will be prosecuted in the US for violations of international agreements.

Jesus, did you all just decide to be stupid together since it has something to do with guns?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are your thoughts on its impact on the environment and economy?
    I think it's not the only way to raise money for conservation.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    As I said four time before I think he will be prosecuted in the US for violations of international agreements.

Jesus, did you all just decide to be stupid together since it has something to do with guns?
    Still waiting for a post of me supporting the dentist, or in your words my hero.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I think it's not the only way to raise money for conservation.
    How would you make up for the lost $200 million? How would you convince all the private land owners to keep their lands open if there was no financial incentive?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still waiting for a post of me supporting the dentist, or in your words my hero.
    Support, defend, rationalize -- whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would you make up for the lost $200 million? How would you convince all the private land owners to keep their lands open if there was no financial incentive?
    Where are you getting $200 million? Is that all for threatened and endangered trophies? You'll have to get pretty specific here.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Support, defend, rationalize -- whatever.
    Go ahead and try to find one of my posts doing any of that. I've said he's an asshole from the start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go ahead and try to find one of my posts doing any of that. I've said he's an asshole from the start.
    You've done plenty to rationalize his actions, sport.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Where are you getting $200 million? Is that all for threatened and endangered trophies? You'll have to get pretty specific here.
    I've linked it during this discussion. You are more than welcome to find it.

How would you convince all the private land owners to keep their lands open if there was no financial incentive?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You've done plenty to rationalize his actions, sport.
    Link please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've linked it during this discussion. You are more than welcome to find it.

How would you convince all the private land owners to keep their lands open if there was no financial incentive?
    If I get the actual numbers and the actual landowners (that is in some manner of flux there) I'll decide whether to cast a vote for penis compensation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look up.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    There's nothing in this thread or any of the others with me showing support for the dentist.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    If I get the actual numbers and the actual landowners (that is in some manner of flux there) I'll decide whether to cast a vote for penis compensation.
    I see you're done having a serious discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's nothing in this thread or any of the others with me showing support for the dentist.
    ra·tion·al·ize
    ˈraSHənlˌīz,ˈraSHnəˌlīz/Submit
    verb

1. attempt to explain or justify (one's own or another's behavior or at ude) with logical, plausible reasons, even if these are not true or appropriate.

I see you're done having a serious discussion.
    I seriously told you exactly what I need to draw a conclusion here. If you can't or won't provide them, that's fine. Forgive me for not believing half the you post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, first article I found:

In practice though, studies have shown that only about three per cent of these fees actually reaches the local communities. Most of the money is siphoned off by the hunting industry and government officials.
    http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-d...trophy-hunting

If communities in the whole of Africa are only getting $6 million total then I'm fane with shutting down the whole practice completely.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    ra·tion·al·ize
    ˈraSHənlˌīz,ˈraSHnəˌlīz/Submit
    verb

1. attempt to explain or justify (one's own or another's behavior or at ude) with logical, plausible reasons, even if these are not true or appropriate.

I seriously told you exactly what I need to draw a conclusion here. If you can't or won't provide them, that's fine. Forgive me for not believing half the you post.
    Like I said I've already linked it. I'm sure you're familiar with the search member post function and I doubt you'll be logging of Spurstalk any time soon, so find what you need and stop being lazy.

Assuming you continue to be lazy I'll ask you a question you needn't look up data for. In your opinion is legal trophy hunting a net positive or negative on the environment, and why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said I've already linked it. I'm sure you're familiar with the search member post function and I doubt you'll be logging of Spurstalk any time soon, so find what you need and stop being lazy.

Assuming you continue to be lazy I'll ask you a question you needn't look up data for. In your opinion is legal trophy hunting a net positive or negative on the environment, and why?
    Looks like it's pretty worthless.

Shut it all down.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    OK, first article I found:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-d...trophy-hunting

If communities in the whole of Africa are only getting $6 million total then I'm fane with shutting down the whole practice completely.
    How do you propose you keep all the private lands open which are the biggest factor in endangered species making comebacks. Why would they keep their lands open with no more financial hunting incentive?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Looks like it's pretty worthless.

Shut it all down.
    You shut down trophy hunting you shut out land. You would be responsible for more deaths than poaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you propose you keep all the private lands open which are the biggest factor in endangered species making comebacks. Why would they keep their lands open with no more financial hunting incentive?
    You were saying it's a boon to African communities.

Now you are saying it's just a boon to landowners.

If that's the case, their land can be taken. We do it all the time when we deem it important enough.

Either enclose the parks or expand them. Compensation can be made in the latter case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If all it takes is $6 million to help all the communities in Africa the way trophy hunting does now, I'm all for the US government's just giving it to those communities.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You were saying it's a boon to African communities.

Now you are saying it's just a boon to landowners.

If that's the case, their land can be taken. We do it all the time when we deem it important enough.

Either enclose the parks or expand them. Compensation can be made in the latter case.
    I've said the communities and the animals both benefit from the start. You keep grasping for straws and coming up empty. It's hard for you to accept that trophy hunting tags are actually beneficial to the animals hunted, and it's amusing watching you avoid admitting it.

Thread Information