Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Admiral brought his country gold twice in his prime years playing with NBA players. I guess he has the more complete resume
    He never rang before Duncan came to SA and took over the reigns so.... I am a huge D Rob fan too but no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, not much surprises me anymore. And I don't get pissed off about nearly as much anymore. But Duncan is one of the best to ever lace 'em up and step onto a court. A guy who has brought San Antonio and Spurs fans championships, and great basketball memories since the day he was drafted. A guy who is one of the oldest players in the league, and STILL can put a team on his shoulders and take them deep into the playoffs. And YOU are going to call him out about winning bronze in the Olympics? You ing little snail darter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans didn't invent basketball you ass!!! Try canada!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the multiple threads about D Rob vs Duncan people constantly pay homage to Duncan being compe ive. But that Olypmpic team lost there first game to Puerto Rico by 19 points with AI, Lebron, Melo, Wade and Duncan on board. It's not like they lost only to Argentina's golden team.

Forget Robinson, would Jordan be ok with that? Everyone talks about Duncan's compe iveness, but Jordan would have been killing his teammates after setting the record for worst Olympic loss in Men's basketball history to Puerto Rico. Embarrassing. This isn't to single out Duncan. To be fair, David and Jordan were on better Olympic teams playing worse teams. Duncan should be in the top three all time NBA player debate, but this Olympic debacle was awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone keeps bringing up that Lebron, Melo, and Wade were on that team without mentioning that they were still basically rookies at that point. They had each only been in the league for a year, were under or barely 20 years of age, and spent most of the time on the bench as the coaching staff decided to go with more known commodities. Lets not try to act like they had prime Lebron and DWade out there.

Unfortunately, the commodities the coaches chose to use instead were chuckers like Marbury and AI, overrated players like Marion and Okafor, and ing Jefferson. Couple that with the fact that Duncan could hardly move in the paint without picking up a foul, and it's no surprise that team couldn't get it done.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol newton
    lol fiba

2004 was lost because TD was the only good player who wasn't injured or just coming off his rookie season. That was the year most of the American stars pussied out for no particular reason whatsoever. (Kobe, Shaq, Garnett, Carter, McGrady, Pierce, Allen, Kidd, and others who could have easily helped us win gold that year)

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone keeps bringing up that Lebron, Melo, and Wade were on that team without mentioning that they were still basically rookies at that point. They had each only been in the league for a year, were under or barely 20 years of age, and spent most of the time on the bench as the coaching staff decided to go with more known commodities. Lets not try to act like they had prime Lebron and DWade out there.

Unfortunately, the commodities the coaches chose to use instead were chuckers like Marbury and AI, overrated players like Marion and Okafor, and ing Jefferson. Couple that with the fact that Duncan could hardly move in the paint without picking up a foul, and it's no surprise that team couldn't get it done.
    +1

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball was invented by a Canadian Dr. James Naismith.. Typical american taking credit for everything.
    First line from what you linked:

James Naismith (November 6, 1861 – November 28, 1939) was a Canadian American sports coach and innovator.
    He became a US citizen. That makes him an American.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There were no shooters on that team, and Duncan was mobbed. I've never seen anything like it. I made the suggestion at the time that they should have put Duncan out on the three point line since he was the best outside shooter on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If FIBA sucks so much, why did Duncan participate in '04? Why did the Admiral participate in three olympics? Surely he could look past his distaste of FIBA to help redeem the United States. I am disappointed if that is the reason he actually gave, and not just spursfan rationalization.
    You suck end of story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scraping the bottle of the barrel with Olympic trash talk.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The shame that came from the epic 04 olympic choke was too much for the got to handle so he exiled himself from future international play.

2004 US team was unbelievably stacked too but the cuck failed his country as a player and leader. Then he just quit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The shame that came from the epic 04 olympic choke was too much for the got to handle so he exiled himself from future international play.

2004 US team was unbelievably stacked too but the cuck failed his country as a player and leader. Then he just quit.
    LOL unbelievably stacked, you mean before Lebron was the player he became and a bunch of rookies like Wade? Iverson and Marbury as well who did not fit the international style of play? That was the worst damn team put together as far as construction goes, period. I think Odom was even on the team for Gods sakes. Stacked .

Put Kidd, Shaq etc. on that team and they win the Gold IMO. Kobe obviously could not play from the trial but the others backing out was a move IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim's 'country' is the San Antonio freaking Spurs.

International tournament play is a business, a league, like the NBA these days.

Thread Information