Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Do people have enough data on Twill & the rest of the garbage crew yet? Skill positions are awful on Dallas. No playmakers outside of Dez.
    You were right about the receivers. Having dez out there really changes things. I'm done with t will. I really thought he was going to step up and make plays but he's been a huge let down.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    the only positives i got from yesterday was greg hardy and byron jones. both of those guys were the only ones who looked prepared and showed up ready to play.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    the only positives i got from yesterday was greg hardy and byron jones. both of those guys were the only ones who looked prepared and showed up ready to play.
    yeah...Hardy looks like a beast. Not sure if he got tired the 2nd half or if the Pats changed things around. Probably a little of both.
    Pats have too many weapons for most teams to deal with anyway.
    I didn't think the defense was as bad as the score indicated. All those 3 and outs kept them on the field too long.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yeah...Hardy looks like a beast. Not sure if he got tired the 2nd half or if the Pats changed things around. Probably a little of both.
    Pats have too many weapons for most teams to deal with anyway.
    I didn't think the defense was as bad as the score indicated. All those 3 and outs kept them on the field too long.
    it looked like they double teamed him and had the running back chipping him on some plays that second half. they also subbed him out quite a bit. once he fully knocks the rust off and we get gregory back, our pass rush is going to be fun to watch.

the offense is just frustrating to watch. linhehan and garrett need to stop being so conservative and just let it rip from the 1st qtr. i prefer them being more aggressive than just settling for runs and 1 read pass plays. they know its witten or bust for us and they double teamed him all day. lol poor weeden has been the check down king 2 weeks in a row. he's completing all his passes to the backs.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    it looked like they double teamed him and had the running back chipping him on some plays that second half. they also subbed him out quite a bit. once he fully knocks the rust off and we get gregory back, our pass rush is going to be fun to watch.

the offense is just frustrating to watch. linhehan and garrett need to stop being so conservative and just let it rip from the 1st qtr. i prefer them being more aggressive than just settling for runs and 1 read pass plays. they know its witten or bust for us and they double teamed him all day. lol poor weeden has been the check down king 2 weeks in a row. he's completing all his passes to the backs.
    Offense looks terrible. I agree with you. It's not like they were getting anything besides 3 and outs all night. Might as well take shots down field. Seems like Williams gets reasonably open at times. Gotta get Beastly involved also. And not sure what they are doing with CM. If you're going to play him, then I'd like to see him get more touches and pound the ball.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    an update on dez

Dez Bryant has promised to be aggressive in his rehabilitation from foot surgery, and that included traveling to Colorado last week to get a therapeutic injection.

According to Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News, the Cowboys wide receiver had bone marrow stem cells removed from his hip and injected into his ankle in hopes of speeding the process of healing.

Bryant had surgery Sept. 14 which included a bone graft to help repair the fractured fifth metatarsal bone.

“It will do two things,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said of the injection. “It has the potential to improve the healing time but more important gives him and everyone more confidence that when he comes back, at whatever the time is, it will be sounder and I think that was the overriding reason for doing it. It will be sounder even if he kept the same timeframe. It could easily speed it up, but if not, what you’re always going to be worried about [is] if you

wait another week maybe you’ve got less chance of reinjuring it or basically rushing it. That will give us more peace of mind on rushing it. . . .

“He’s shown exceptional in his healing,” Jones said. “I feel the procedure and how he’s doing gives us a good feeling that if we feel like he can handle the sensitivity then you feel like you aren’t being too aggressive in letting him get back out there. That’s the big thing.”

The Cowboys are hoping he can return by the end of the month against the Giants, and they’ll take all the help they can get offensively.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-foot-surgery/

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Offense looks terrible. I agree with you. It's not like they were getting anything besides 3 and outs all night. Might as well take shots down field. Seems like Williams gets reasonably open at times. Gotta get Beastly involved also. And not sure what they are doing with CM. If you're going to play him, then I'd like to see him get more touches and pound the ball.
    same here. he had that one good run and then garret sat him for hitting him with the...

...after the carry.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Do people have enough data on Twill & the rest of the garbage crew yet? Skill positions are awful on Dallas. No playmakers outside of Dez.
    I can tell you without Data that Twill is as a Number 1 reciever, the entire receiving core needs Dez to produce any kind of impact.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You were right about the receivers. Having dez out there really changes things. I'm done with t will. I really thought he was going to step up and make plays but he's been a huge let down.
    He's only an average number 2 reciever, he's used to playing one on one and going up against a teams 2nd best cornerback. It's expected he would struggle as Number one, but him and the rest of the WRs should be fine once Dez is back.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    same here. he had that one good run and then garret sat him for hitting him with the...

...after the carry.
    For real? He benched him for that? Come on...dude has been waiting his whole life to get on the field. Seems like they could give him a little slack. Especially considering having Hardy on the team and the things he said during the week. Cowboys need some swagger on offense IMO.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    an update on dez

Dez Bryant has promised to be aggressive in his rehabilitation from foot surgery, and that included traveling to Colorado last week to get a therapeutic injection.

According to Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News, the Cowboys wide receiver had bone marrow stem cells removed from his hip and injected into his ankle in hopes of speeding the process of healing.

Bryant had surgery Sept. 14 which included a bone graft to help repair the fractured fifth metatarsal bone.

“It will do two things,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said of the injection. “It has the potential to improve the healing time but more important gives him and everyone more confidence that when he comes back, at whatever the time is, it will be sounder and I think that was the overriding reason for doing it. It will be sounder even if he kept the same timeframe. It could easily speed it up, but if not, what you’re always going to be worried about [is] if you

wait another week maybe you’ve got less chance of reinjuring it or basically rushing it. That will give us more peace of mind on rushing it. . . .

“He’s shown exceptional in his healing,” Jones said. “I feel the procedure and how he’s doing gives us a good feeling that if we feel like he can handle the sensitivity then you feel like you aren’t being too aggressive in letting him get back out there. That’s the big thing.”

The Cowboys are hoping he can return by the end of the month against the Giants, and they’ll take all the help they can get offensively.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-foot-surgery/
    just platelets and spun blood, throw some stem cells in there too

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I just hope they don't rush him back a la Durant.

Post Count
    I can tell you without Data that Twill is as a Number 1 reciever, the entire receiving core needs Dez to produce any kind of impact.
    They don't even have a legit number 2. At best, TWill is a low end 3rd WR on a good offense. Their running backs haven't shown anything either. They have had moments but not nearly enough for a team that was supposed to be good. This shows you just how good Romo & Dez truly are. They made it look good with some really truly limited talent.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    shango spitting that hot fiya

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They don't even have a legit number 2. At best, TWill is a low end 3rd WR on a good offense. Their running backs haven't shown anything either. They have had moments but not nearly enough for a team that was supposed to be good. This shows you just how good Romo & Dez truly are. They made it look good with some really truly limited talent.
    No...TWill is a legit #2. But you gotta have a #1 to make a legit #2 effective. And you have to have a QB that can hit him once in a while.

If you take Jones off the Falcons, Hankerson would look like total also. More so if you have some ty backup throwing the passes.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No...TWill is a legit #2. But you gotta have a #1 to make a legit #2 effective. And you have to have a QB that can hit him once in a while.

If you take Jones off the Falcons, Hankerson would look like total also. More so if you have some ty backup throwing the passes.
    yea i agree. t will is a number 2 but he isn't better than his predecessor's(miles austin, patrick creyton and laurent robinson) yet. those guys were able to step up on their own but t will hasn't done it yet.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

That man cave tho.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yea i agree. t will is a number 2 but he isn't better than his predecessor's(miles austin, patrick creyton and laurent robinson) yet. those guys were able to step up on their own but t will hasn't done it yet.
    True. Maybe Cassel will provide some better opportunities. But I don't expect him to ever break out like Austin did.
    Also, those guys you named all had better backups than Williams is dealing with. What the Cowboys really need is that other #2.

Post Count

Nah - Twill isn't a number 2 - at least not a legit one on a good team. Jordy Nelson goes down, Cobb steps up. Calvin misses time last year, Tate goes off. Demariyus goes down, Sanders steps up.

Twill may be a default number 2, but he's not a good one and that's the point about just how bad the Dallas skill positions are. One of the worst in the league.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Nah - Twill isn't a number 2 - at least not a legit one on a good team. Jordy Nelson goes down, Cobb steps up. Calvin misses time last year, Tate goes off. Demariyus goes down, Sanders steps up.

Twill may be a default number 2, but he's not a good one and that's the point about just how bad the Dallas skill positions are. One of the worst in the league.
    maybe not a great #2. I think you said he was a low end #3 which seems way off.

In any event, I don't think you can grade him based on having a back up QB making the throws.

But yeah...the CB suck at the skill positions and have zero depth. This is the first time in a long time that I can't rattle off all of the backup WR.
    And wtf with Escobar. Dude is 6'6" and supposedly has speed. He must really be trash if he can't get any time on this team right now.

Post Count
    maybe not a great #2. I think you said he was a low end #3 which seems way off.

In any event, I don't think you can grade him based on having a back up QB making the throws.

But yeah...the CB suck at the skill positions and have zero depth. This is the first time in a long time that I can't rattle off all of the backup WR.
    And wtf with Escobar. Dude is 6'6" and supposedly has speed. He must really be trash if he can't get any time on this team right now.
    It's not just the WR which is the issue. RBs are an issue too. There is wayyyy too much on Romo/Dez

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's not just the WR which is the issue. RBs are an issue too. There is wayyyy too much on Romo/Dez
    no doubt. RB is an issue. But without Romo and Dez, it's made it pretty easy to play to stop the run. Especially when they don't have a premier RB.
    But there aren't too many teams that can withstand losing their starting QB and franchise receiver (and a top RB) and still do well.

Right now all the weaknesses are magnified because they don't have their top 2 playmakers which makes it too simple to defend this team.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Chango can be one funny ngga sometimes. Love his melt downs.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I just hope they don't rush him back a la Durant.
    what? Durant didn't return all year and signed with the f'n Falcons. Never was that great anyway..

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    no doubt. RB is an issue. But without Romo and Dez, it's made it pretty easy to play to stop the run. Especially when they don't have a premier RB.
    But there aren't too many teams that can withstand losing their starting QB and franchise receiver (and a top RB) and still do well.

Right now all the weaknesses are magnified because they don't have their top 2 playmakers which makes it too simple to defend this team.
    yep, defense was great. We had like a million chances in the first half to take control of the Pats game, and I would bet that the Cowboys would have won if Romo/Dez were out there. The defense collapsed in the 3rd quarter because they were on the field for oh so long and the Patriots were able to finally find one of their patented rhythms and simmer in it. Had the Cowboys not gone 3 and out on like 6 straight drives in the first half, the defense would have been rested and the pats wouldn't have had anywhere near 30 points... as I said before the game, the defense would impress but the offense would lose it. Another great prediction by the phenom UNT Eagles 2016

Thread Information