Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's a early, but I didn't know where else to put this.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...l-With-Raptors

Seems like Shannon Scott won't be coming to the Spurs camp, nor will he be a Toro next season. That sucks. It would be nice for the Spurs to have a decent PG prospect to develop in Austin.

The TC roster as far as I can see it:

PG: Parker, Mills, McCallum
    SG: Green, Ginobili, Simmons, Fredette, Williams
    SF: Kawhi, Anderson
    PF: Aldridge, West, Bonner
    C: Duncan, Diaw, Marjanovic, Ndoye

So the Spurs still have

So the Spurs still have four spots to fill out. I'd expect to see two more Austin-bound guys and two vets. Still need a PG prospect as I said. Does anyone know any UDFA guys who could fit the bill? Is Eddie still unsigned? Spurs also need another forward.

Lots of ways this roster could go.
    Last edited by Chinook; 08-06-2015 at 02:11 PM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's a early, but I didn't know where else to put this.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...l-With-Raptors

Seems like Shannon Scott won't be coming to the Spurs camp, nor will he be a Toro next season. That sucks. It would be nice for the Spurs to have a decent PG prospect to develop in Austin.

The TC roster as far as I can see it:

PG: Parker, Mills, McCallum
    SG: Green, Ginobili, Simmons, Fredette
    SF: Kawhi, Anderson
    PF: Aldridge, West, Bonner
    C: Duncan, Diaw, Marjanovic, Ndoye

So the Spurs still have

So the Spurs still have four spots to fill out. I'd expect to see two more Austin-bound guys and two vets. Still need a PG prospect as I said. Does anyone know any UDFA guys who could fit the bill? Is Eddie still unsigned? Spurs also need another forward.

Lots of ways this roster could go.
    Eddie's D-League rights belong to the Toros anyway, so unless he thinks he can make the Spurs roster it would make more sense for him to go to camp elsewhere.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say we need a legitimate SF , a promising PG, Eddie and maybe a promising stretch 4.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought that Reggie Williams is going training camp? and Cady Lalanne?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought that Reggie Williams is going training camp? and Cady Lalanne?
    Forgot about Williams. I think the Spurs are trying to pay a team to create a TE. Cady isn't going to camp; he's going to Austin.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's do this!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atkins is a Knick: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...gn-With-Knicks

Toros are going to be short on talent this year.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have the Spurs said where the training camp will be this year? Are they staying home?
    I hope they go to Euro training that way we only have to pay full price for one
    pre-season practice game.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atkins is a Knick: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...gn-With-Knicks

Toros are going to be short on talent this year.
    I think that is the result of the guys playing well enough to get noticed all the way to the SL championship. Kudos to Becky and the rest of the summer league coaches if the guys end up in rosters somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot about Williams. I think the Spurs are trying to pay a team to create a TE. Cady isn't going to camp; he's going to Austin.
    I hope you're right. The TE would be more valuable. As far as Cady is concerned, why wouldn't he go to camp and then to Austin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you're right. The TE would be more valuable. As far as Cady is concerned, why wouldn't he go to camp and then to Austin?
    Because if he goes to camp, gets cut, and goes to Austin, the Spurs hold no further rights to him. Any team can call him up and keep him. If he signs a dleague contract, he's still Spurs unsigned property, just as if he went to Europe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because if he goes to camp, gets cut, and goes to Austin, the Spurs hold no further rights to him. Any team can call him up and keep him. If he signs a dleague contract, he's still Spurs unsigned property, just as if he went to Europe.
    So let me get this right, if he goes to camp, gets cut but goes to Europe, Spurs still own his rights?

So he can get a camp invite only when he has secured a European offer?

Makes it look like a bad thing to become a 2nd round draft pick. Better to be undrafted!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let me get this right, if he goes to camp, gets cut but goes to Europe, Spurs still own his rights?
    No.

No.

Makes it look like a bad thing to become a 2nd round draft pick. Better to be undrafted!
    No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If he goes to camp and gets cut the Spurs don't have rights to him anymore. If he signs to Austin he is still our property.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had a thought, and since I love bumping my own threads, I'll post it here.

We're seeing a couple of players from the Spurs' SL team signed by other teams. I feel like there have been more players from that team getting signed on to camps than there has been in the last couple years. I am wondering if that has anything to do with how the Spurs SL team operated.

Usually, you see guys in Vegas do whatever they can to stand out. That usually leads to a lot of selfish play and chucking. The Spurs played the best team ball I can think of in the summer. So guys really had to show they could fit into the lineup for the team to be successful. For teams looking to find a guy at the end of the rotation, that seems more valuable than the ability to put up points or make highlight plays.

Is it possible that we see a new paradigm in summer league? If a few more guys from that roster can make a camp (Ware, Graham and Davies being the most promising among them), I think we might.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had a thought, and since I love bumping my own threads, I'll post it here.

We're seeing a couple of players from the Spurs' SL team signed by other teams. I feel like there have been more players from that team getting signed on to camps than there has been in the last couple years. I am wondering if that has anything to do with how the Spurs SL team operated.

Usually, you see guys in Vegas do whatever they can to stand out. That usually leads to a lot of selfish play and chucking. The Spurs played the best team ball I can think of in the summer. So guys really had to show they could fit into the lineup for the team to be successful. For teams looking to find a guy at the end of the rotation, that seems more valuable than the ability to put up points or make highlight plays.

Is it possible that we see a new paradigm in summer league? If a few more guys from that roster can make a camp (Ware, Graham and Davies being the most promising among them), I think we might.
    That SL team was a fun little team to watch. I think guys who can defend well and fit in with a star player for sure intrigue. I liked Shannon Scott a lot, probably my favorite undrafted guy in the team. Of th remaining guys possibly Graham ha potential to get a training camp invite somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That SL team was a fun little team to watch. I think guys who can defend well and fit in with a star player for sure intrigue. I liked Shannon Scott a lot, probably my favorite undrafted guy in the team. Of th remaining guys possibly Graham ha potential to get a training camp invite somewhere.
    Well Davies has NBA experience, so I think he'll find a place. Ware looked good in Utah, and I think he was in a camp last year. So both those guys probably end up in a camp. Graham's the guy I really wanted in the Spurs TC, along with Ndoye and Scott. So I hope he signs on pretty soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darren Wolfson @DWolfsonKSTP
    Hear former #Twolves guard Sean Kilpatrick will also workout for the #Spurs. Told his workout today with the #Lakers went well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs going to workout Sean Kilpatrick. From watching just his highlights he looks like another 3pt gunner, Gary Neal type.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, those holding a candle for Tayshaun can go back inside:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...al-With-Wolves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There goes Graham: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Treveon-Graham

Is it just Eddie now?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good intangibles guy (Graham); good spot-up shooter; a bit under-sized at the 3. Would've like to have kept him in Austin. But not surprised to see someone pick him up.

Would love to keep Eddie; but guess we'll have to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dorell Wright just signed in China.
    When I look at Spurs possible signing in mid July for the shooting wing they needed, Wright looked like the best candidate. I wonder if Spurs tried to sign him before going after Fredette. Wright is to me a clearly better player than Fredette.

it looks like there will no battle for roster spots at training camp. Spurs still have their 15 players with Parker, Green, Leonard, Aldridge Duncan, Mills, Ginobili, Anderson, Diaw, West, McCallum, Fredette, Simmons, Bonner and Marjanovic. There isn't really another player signed to contest one of these 15 players. It might be a Pop wish not to have a fight for a roster spot during training camp. He will still have a lot of work to include the new players, especially Aldridge, to the team. Not having to worry about the 14th or 15th spot will be welcomed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dorell Wright just signed in China.
    Wright seems like a great candidate to come in near the end of the season if Fredette and the SLMVPs aren't cutting it. He should be available in mid-March.

I think the Spurs have enough compe ion for the final rotation spot to not fret too much over bringing in 16 or more guys to compete. I agree with you that Pop probably wants a set roster so he can spend time figuring out his rotation. That said there is still a roster to fill, and that's where losing guys like Graham and Scott hurts. Those are definitely players who could develop on the Toros and spell the main guys in TC.

I guess I'm just surprised at how many of those d-leaguers are going elsewhere when they aren't making those other teams either. You'd think Simmons would be a pretty good example to them that the Spurs care about the Toros and are willing to bring up guys who perform well in Austin.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmer >>> Wright

Thread Information