Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    this is good tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yul Brynner just nailed that gunslinger role…He scared the heck out of me …If Hollywood did a re make of Westworld they probably would cast Ben Affleck as the gunslinger…George Clooney as Peter Martin…And Jennifer Lopez as the Medieval Queen…
    They would ruin it for 's sake.

Found the first episode to be pretty good.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Second episode was released early by HBO on Now and Go in lieu of the debate on Sunday.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Luke Cage is the best of 2016 so far, easily. Score can't be touched
    Score is good. Show is . If you are a self loathing white guilt carrying cuck then sure, watching a bunch of Tyler Perry level stereotypical black people talk endlessly about how ty whitey is can be entertaining. I have no problem with the character other than the actor is ty, but the show itself is just a political statement that's been run into the ground and broken off.

If I wanted to hear what the ghetto thinks I'd not live in the suburbs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I've gotta check it out, I heard great things about the premiere.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anthony Hopkins just jointed twitter.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Episode 2 was good. Like the weird Thrilling feel to it.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Loving the slow burn reveal of the meta narratives.

Can't say I love it yet, but I'm intrigued. I've watched each episode twice already to better catch subtleties.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Just finished episode 2. Good stuff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    finished the first two episodes.

only show i've seen that reminds me of the matrix.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Next week's can't come soon enough. Wish I could binge watch them.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I saw the first 2 episodes and they follow the story line of
    the movie but with more skin and more guest as cold blooded
    killers.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Next week's can't come soon enough. Wish I could binge watch them.
    No . I thought the same thing when Sunday's episode ended. At least I have The Wire to binge on for now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Last episode was ing spooky. This s getting good!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wanna punch Dolores in the mouth and I don't know why.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wanna punch Dolores in the mouth and I don't know why.
    Me too, with my !

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Love the tug of war of the meta narrative of soulless machines looking for their greater existential purpose amidst a soulless beast of a fantasy mechanism that supposedly helps the creatures with a soul find their existential delights always at the soulless machine's expense.

Where they go with it, who knows, but I'm in.

The "consequence" free nature of a potential guiltless breaking bad for each person only furthers their depravity for the next time. For those with a working conscience, the "not wanting to know how it feels" is a far greater shackle, one unable to "free them" to indulge from the vices offered by those literally shackled through programming into being incapable of not indulging, some who now know more than they should, who have know idea how to cope with the burden, and who increasingly seem able to do harm. But to what levels? And to whom?

Knowledge, the burden of, or the quest for more, is the "sin" act for all the creatures. Consequence-free interaction is the illusion. One can't help but be changed or help change this world through every action or inaction.

Curious what the writers make of all this.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    ^

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There is no characters to root for... There is only the truth and wtf is going on to root for.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    There is no characters to root for... There is only the truth and wtf is going on to root for.
    It's more of a character study than hero/villain right now tbh...and what makes it work so well is all the characters are interesting at some level so they are easy to invest in even though there is no clear cut hero. Lot's of personality nuances going on.

It does make you wonder if a "Neo" is going to show up eventually and become the savior. Perhaps Dolores transitions into that?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I initially thought this would be a critique on bloodlust.

Normal folks getting off on consequence free murder as escape.

But it's much more than this. In fact, this was one of the superficial layers of the onion that isn't so much being peeled, as it is rotting, splitting open, and revealing depths of atrocity.

I'm very grateful for a TV show where it's both necessary and a joy to rewatch episodes.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I like the idea of this show much more than I like the show itself.

I just don't buy the characters as robots. They don't act like them at all. There's too much freedom in the park. It doesn't feel like anything is artificial at all. Makes me feel like I'm just watching a western instead of a Sci-fi. It's like the producers said " the technology, the rules, the control" were not going to address any of that. Were just going to say they're robots, and everything else will unravel randomly as it pertains to the robots gaining awareness. It's just a mess IMO, I love Sci-fi so I'll continue watching and hope things improve, but honestly, this show is just meh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I like the idea of this show much more than I like the show itself.

I just don't buy the characters as robots. They don't act like them at all. There's too much freedom in the park. It doesn't feel like anything is artificial at all. Makes me feel like I'm just watching a western instead of a Sci-fi. It's like the producers said " the technology, the rules, the control" were not going to address any of that. Were just going to say they're robots, and everything else will unravel randomly as it pertains to the robots gaining awareness. It's just a mess IMO, I love Sci-fi so I'll continue watching and hope things improve, but honestly, this show is just meh.
    But the reason you dislike it is the very reason the tension exists.

Programmers have made something much grander than animatronics and creatures much more than just robots, and the interactions twixt the ever-evolving conflict twixt the notions of role, idea, freedom, conscience, and consciousness is what propels the show beyond an "oh no! The robots are glitching. Shut down the power!" To "Holy ing ! The Robots are aware and a raging! Oh ! We can't shut them down!"

For me, the latter holds a much greater potential.

As the real strove to make creation the realist it could, the lines blurred, tensions maximized, and right/wrong compromised.

And that's wonderful.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm having an issue grasping the fundamentals of how and where this world exists.

Is Westworld housed inside of that complex, or is it some kind of digital alternate universe? At the end of each day, are all of the dead androids removed, cleaned up / repaired, and placed back into Westworld? Where are the visitors during all of this?

Are we even supposed to know any of this yet?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Love the tug of war of the meta narrative of soulless machines looking for their greater existential purpose amidst a soulless beast of a fantasy mechanism that supposedly helps the creatures with a soul find their existential delights always at the soulless machine's expense.

Where they go with it, who knows, but I'm in.

The "consequence" free nature of a potential guiltless breaking bad for each person only furthers their depravity for the next time. For those with a working conscience, the "not wanting to know how it feels" is a far greater shackle, one unable to "free them" to indulge from the vices offered by those literally shackled through programming into being incapable of not indulging, some who now know more than they should, who have know idea how to cope with the burden, and who increasingly seem able to do harm. But to what levels? And to whom?

Knowledge, the burden of, or the quest for more, is the "sin" act for all the creatures. Consequence-free interaction is the illusion. One can't help but be changed or help change this world through every action or inaction.

Curious what the writers make of all this.
    My main hope is they don't go all 'Lost' with it and get completely lost in their own storyline.

Thread Information