Arizona Wildcats
    I missed this thread so goddamn much!

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    So, I was talking and openly wondered, for a while I was convinced the MIB couldn't be William because MIB appeared to sexually/violently assault Dolores.

But my friend asked, but did he? Strongly insinuated. But did we see what we inferred?

Interesting.

Or, has William become so detached and in need of greater atrocity in his many West World exploits that what was once unthinkable, becomes a form of outward obsession, enacted upon because there's no real consequence?

This of course assumes maybe MIB is William.

I'm tempted to binge and watch those early episodes to see if MIB actually did what I remembered or if I inferred so strongly I created a false narrative.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So, I was talking and openly wondered, for a while I was convinced the MIB couldn't be William because MIB appeared to sexually/violently assault Dolores.

But my friend asked, but did he? Strongly insinuated. But did we see what we inferred?

Interesting.

Or, has William become so detached and in need of greater atrocity in his many West World exploits that what was once unthinkable, becomes a form of outward obsession, enacted upon because there's no real consequence?

This of course assumes maybe MIB is William.

I'm tempted to binge and watch those early episodes to see if MIB actually did what I remembered or if I inferred so strongly I created a false narrative.
    I watched ep 1 again and he closes the barn door behind them, but you don't actually see what happens inside.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    That's a big clue.

I mean, think of all the atrocity they have shown of MIB, and all the crimes against women.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    There has been a theory floating around that the MIB didn't actually rape Dolores for a while. I'm actually pretty certain he didn't. He's been going to the park for decades, constantly talks about playing a bigger game so I doubt he'd still get off on like that. If he ever was into that I'd imagine he's gotten it out of his system by now. I think he did something to Dolores that contributed to her becoming sentient. Same with Maeve, he did something with her when she was being attacked by Indians and he showed up. I think the MIB is the one helping them become sentient, tbh.

BTW I also heard Season 2 has been picked up (expected) but that it wouldn't air until 2018.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    If y'all enjoy theorizing I recommend checking out one of the WW podcasts. Good stuff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    This is insane. Yet it's so neatly tied together.

Incredible storytelling.

WokeWorld

Hahaha

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Havn't watched the latest episode (will probably watch it at work tomorrow) but I just wanted to comment on the whole William/MIB theory.... The biggest hint IMHO is that in Williams "time line" he knows the host El Lazo, but in the MIB "timeline" he is known as Lawrence... This is interesting in that on the train in Williams "timeline" El Lazo tells Deloris to call him "Lawrence".

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    BTW I also heard Season 2 has been picked up (expected) but that it wouldn't air until 2018.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Havn't watched the latest episode (will probably watch it at work tomorrow) but I just wanted to comment on the whole William/MIB theory.... The biggest hint IMHO is that in Williams "time line" he knows the host El Lazo, but in the MIB "timeline" he is known as Lawrence... This is interesting in that on the train in Williams "timeline" El Lazo tells Deloris to call him "Lawrence".
    Some pretty great back story on MIB last night.

He may be both as I discussed.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Maeve is still my favorite character... she can now change narrative just by talking to the hosts? WTF!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    MIB tells Teddy in episode 5 that he once took apart a host before they updated them to "flesh and bone." If William is MIB then I assume the hosts would all be the earlier machines, but several of the Flesh and Bone hosts exist in William's timeline.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    MIB appeared to show up in the William timeline tonight, but my theory is that the William timeline as shown from Delores' point of view was a flashback/dream. That explains the strange glitches and MIB sightings she had a few times.

Can't wait until next week. Every episode makes me want to go back and watch the previous ones again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I love the complexity of this... but I also hate it.... i have to rush on the internet to get answers on wtf is going on

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    show's incredible. i've had no interest in looking up theories like with GoT. just going wherever the show takes me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Well last night we saw the picture that started it all..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm starting to believe they are all robots at Westworld.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    show's incredible. i've had no interest in looking up theories like with GoT. just going wherever the show takes me.
    same here tbh

It's like trying to deeply understand every pages on a Faulkner book, you just need to trust the author, he will bring you there, enjoy the ride, no need to stop at every station.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I'm not reading Reddit until after Finale. Then I will read their views, details, then rewatch.

Did this with Breaking Bad and enjoyed the second and third viewings even more than the first which I loved.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    can't believe the finale is already this sunday.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I listened to a podcast and agree with one man's observation: what's the point for Ford for all of this? What really is his incentive

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Finally caught up with this show in time for tonight. It turned out to be better than I expected even though I had high expectations for it. Also, Anthony Hopkins is a ing legend.

Thread Information