My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    maybe you should get some steele gear to go along with your tech gear. it looks as if coach jenkins has created quite the pipeline. denley had a down year last season but grew some and put on some weight. lumpkin is a bruising style runner and martin is going to be the player that every one will be talking about by the end of the season. he clocked at 4.38 at the UT camp and has a rocket arm.at 6'0" now, not sure if they want him as an athlete or a QB but this kid is going to have breakout year,

Denley is one of three Texas Tech pledges on the roster. Senior wide receiver Antoine Cox-Wesley committed to the Red Raiders in the spring as well. Junior quarterback Xavier Martin followed suit in the summer. Two other players, junior running back Travell Lumpkin and sop re defensive back Caden Sterns, also have scholarship offers from Tech.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    No kidding....I like it. I like it a lot. Martin is an exciting underrated prospect imo.

But I may also have to get some South Oak Cliff gear too

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....ionships.html/

Kliff gets to work every morning at 5am. He works his ass off on research and number crunching. Hiring these pipeline coaches is sheer calculated genius.

10 win season coming...maybe not this year, but very soon.
    Last edited by Blake; 08-13-2015 at 09:37 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

yeah luckily you only have to play against the Leach protege offenses from TCU, Baylor, West Virginia and now OU.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Of the three Tech commits for Steele who played against Madison, Xavier Martin stood out. He demonstrated a strong arm and bust off some great runs. Kid is on the verge of becoming a big name in recruiting.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Of the three Tech commits for Steele who played against Madison, Xavier Martin stood out. He demonstrated a strong arm and bust off some great runs. Kid is on the verge of becoming a big name in recruiting.
    42-0 at halftime against Madison is pretty stunning. Steele looks on lock for a le run.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    RB Denley had 3 carries for 50 & a TD.....Guess we'll have to wait for a 15+ carry game...

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    RB Denley had 3 carries for 50 & a TD.....Guess we'll have to wait for a 15+ carry game...
    he ran well but his stats this season will be misleading because 1) steele has a stable of RB's they rotate and 2) steele coaches tend to pull their starters in any game they lead handily by halftime. Best measuring stick will be the judson and desoto games. maybe smithson valley. cox (WR), by the way, was nursing a hobbled foot but he did make a few catches.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    he ran well but his stats this season will be misleading because 1) steele has a stable of RB's they rotate and 2) steele coaches tend to pull their starters in any game they lead handily by halftime. Best measuring stick will be the judson and desoto games. maybe smithson valley. cox (WR), by the way, was nursing a hobbled foot but he did make a few catches.
    Fine by me if those guys stay under the radar

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Tech still tapping that Steele pipeline daily. Might as well build a monorail straight from Lubbock to Cibolo

JUNIOR TO WATCH
    RB*Travell Lumpkin, Cibolo Steele -- Lumpkin was offered by the Red Raider coaching staff back in July while he was on an unofficial visit to the South Plains. Lumpkin hears from*Kevin Curtis*daily and his starting quarterback at Cibolo,*Xavier Martin, is already committed to Texas Tech. Lumpkin and Martin will be visiting for the TCU game on Sept. 26.*"I hear from them every day; I hear from coach Curtis every day. He sends me motivational quotes, asks me about my upcoming game, tells me good luck, and is always trying to get me back to Lubbock," he said. "I'll actually be down for the TCU game with Xavier (Martin), and I am really excited to see the players, the coaches, and the game atmosphere for the first time."

Lumpkin rushed 14 times for 138 yards and 4 touchdowns in Steele's most recent win over Sandra Day O'Connor.....

https://texastech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1803481

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Lumpkin, Denley, Martin and Cox all played big tonight in Steele's win against DeSoto.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Steele almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory last night.

crazy that Desoto is 1-3.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lumpkin, Denley, Martin and Cox all played big tonight in Steele's win against DeSoto.
    It's always good when a San Antonio school can beat a Dallas school.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    .... and martin is going to be the player that every one will be talking about by the end of the season. he clocked at 4.38 at the UT camp and has a rocket arm.at 6'0" now, not sure if they want him as an athlete or a QB but this kid is going to have breakout year...

A lot of schools are gonna kick themselves for not looking at him as a QB

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    response to outstanding performances by Cibolo (Texas) Steele quarterbackXavier Martin*at both The Opening Regional in Houston and the U.S. Army All-American Combine in January, Martin has climbed up the rankings and is now a 4-star with an 90 rating.
    http://texastech.247sports.com/Bolt/...oykin-44878268

rjv

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    i'm not the least bit surprised by this. i have even heard he is clocking under 4.4 in the 40 now. i would not be surprised if he is the area player of the year either as he is a better passer than both frank harris of clemens and julon williams of judson. nice to see his ankle is all healed up. i'll check him out in the steele spring game here in a few weeks. and he will be tested early as steele gets smithson valley, judson and lake travis all within the first five weeks of the season (lake travis in week 2). another stud to watch out for is defensive back caden sterns (2018). he is at least a 4 star. his older brother was on the state championship team and plays for okie state so he may lean towards OSU.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    texas tech commit and steele QB xavier martin had a great 7 v 7 performance against reagan and boerne. still think he may get more offers as the season goes on. also, free safety caden sterns (2018) from steele continues to get attention. he now has offers from:

Oklahoma State (where his brother goes)

Texas Tech
    SMU
    UCLA
    Oklahoma
    UTSA
    LSU
    Baylor

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    texas tech commit and steele QB xavier martin had a great 7 v 7 performance against reagan and boerne. still think he may get more offers as the season goes on. also, free safety caden sterns (2018) from steele continues to get attention. he now has offers from:

Oklahoma State (where his brother goes)

Texas Tech
    SMU
    UCLA
    Oklahoma
    UTSA
    LSU
    Baylor
    I think and hope he sticks with Tech. Kliff promised to take him as a QB while others wanted him as an athlete. I guess we'll see.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    frank harris (QB, Clemens) committed to UTSA yesterday.

Thread Information