Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hmm...that's a tough one. I think Conor def has the advantage on the feet but I don't think the margin is that great imho. I hope to see them fight soon...
    Not with the little guys anymore.
    I think RDA humbles him.

Post Count
    Not with the little guys anymore.
    I think RDA humbles him.
    That's what the #1 P4P was going to do, wasn't it?

Post Count
    That's what the #1 P4P was going to do, wasn't it?
    I dont know.

What I do know is McG looks huge compared to guys he now rules. Maybe he keeps growing like Manny P ...

Post Count
    I dont know.

What I do know is McG looks huge compared to guys he now rules. Maybe he keeps growing like Manny P ...
    He's not that much bigger than Holloway or Aldo.

Post Count
    He's not that much bigger than Holloway or Aldo.
    Well then McG has an enormous head. After the rehydration what was his weight and height compared to Aldo? Not implying rehydration makes one taller. He looks to be bigger than the guys he is fighting, this is what I am saying. And I believe going up a notch does have a significant effect on apparent power.

But, it might be he was fighting weaker trying to make weight. Anyways, I hope the fight happens because RDA is one of those guys who has been humbled and come back stronger. I think guys that have been through tougher times and come back better are smarter and tougher fighters (Lawler)

Post Count
    Well then McG has an enormous head. After the rehydration what was his weight and height compared to Aldo? Not implying rehydration makes one taller. He looks to be bigger than the guys he is fighting, this is what I am saying. And I believe going up a notch does have a significant effect on apparent power.

But, it might be he was fighting weaker trying to make weight. Anyways, I hope the fight happens because RDA is one of those guys who has been humbled and come back stronger. I think guys that have been through tougher times and come back better are smarter and tougher fighters (Lawler)
    I dunno man, JBJ has a pretty legit claim to being the best ever, and dude is about as arrogant as it gets.

Post Count
    I dunno man, JBJ has a pretty legit claim to being the best ever, and dude is about as arrogant as it gets.
    For sure.
    He just screwed himself up.
    And the big Swede showed him that no one is untouchable. So he had a learning experience. I guess Mendes gave Conor somewhat of a wake up. But I don't know how bad he really was because the guy bleeds quickly it seems.

I think fighters who have been in the ring with opponents they know are better that night and actually gut out a win, or even take a tough loss, can become very good if they up their game. It completely ruins some, they don't want the misery again which is understandable. Dos Santos reminds me of a really really good fighter who has just been beat up too much. I think he beats Overeem if Cain had not pulled his heart out before.

This is such a tough brutal sport. I really can't believe I am fascinated by it. One bad car wreck and I don't want back in the car. Survival...

Anyways, Conor is obviously very good for the sport.
    Last edited by pgardn; 01-01-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Marc Raimondi @marc_raimondi
    Donald Cerrone moves up to welterweight, faces Tim Means in UFC Pittsburgh main event mmafighting.com/2016/1/1/10699…

Marc Raimondi @marc_raimondi
    Donald Cerrone moves up to welterweight, faces Tim Means in UFC Pittsburgh main event mmafighting.com/2016/1/1/10699…
    And this is why people love Cowboy

Thread Information