Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmmm, one of my homies who actually is from South Central (lives in SA now an d HATES the spurs like Kool or Cully does) felt the Eazy scenes were to much and said he almost felt there was a -erotic vibe. I think he was "projecting" because there were rumors of that at least in the hood especially after no Vaseline but even before. Not many understood how E could remain loyal to er over the talent he let leave like Cube and Dre. I dont think any of that is true ... but there was talk of that ...? did anyone get that from the flick? I did not ...but it did seem a bit much.

Also read a few excerpts from er's book and seen some interviews his perspective is interesting:

- Says DOC was the best pure rapper he has ever seen 2nd only to Rakim and if the car accident didnt happen he would of been arguably the GOAT Also said that DOc's writing was just as key to NWA as Cube ...HE also blames DOC not Dre for allowing suge to get close to their circle and ruin Ruthless ...

- Still argues that if he was stealing why didn't anyone sure him for royalties/damages?

- Says he brokered the deal that Dre signed with Interscope (and if he was o horrible why would Dre let him be a part of it?)

- Also says that Cube was jealous of Easy and the other guys because he could get no pu$$y

This was all from a radio interview i saw on Youtube on some hip hop show. I believe some of what he says and you can tell he really did care for easy even after Wright fired him. But I think he shortchanges Cube in his book and in interviews and im sure you let a Jew break up our crew is still the reason why.

One last related note didnt know that the beep from Kim who could buck all night is Cube's now wife and O'shea Junior's mom. HE talked about performing that song with his pops and how awkward that was ...
    Eazy is on record saying how he ed over the worlds greatest rap group... fact.

Dre is on record apologizing for his abuse of women... fact.

Cube is on record of admitting to never being a gangsta and never even hanging out in clubs due to being a family man... fact.

According to Jerry er he never did anything wrong nor did he contribute to the group breaking up... I'm not buying it. The gay rumors surfaced when Eazy caught was diagnosed with AIDS. Back then people thought it was a gay disease. Eazy was a hustler and allowed his ego to get the best of him... in the process he lost the most important members of his group. I saw that same interview and Jerry still seems bitter over Cube airing his ass out in No Vaseline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless Eazy was an IV drug user he had to be always into something, getting ed at night. It ain't eazy for hetero men to get the AIDS tbh.

I like DOC, but no way he was anywhere close to Rakim. His solo had some great work on it and I loved his verses in NWA & the Posse (too bad the Fila Fresh Crew was ting up the rest of the songs he appeared on though), but nah man, no comparison to Paid in Full. I think the closest MC the west coast ever had to Rakim was Ice T. Iceberg has to be the most underrated rapper ever.
    Rakim is overrated. Its not like he had a great career... he had one good joint. I'd take KRS, LL, and Kane over Rakim. DOC's first album was tighter than Rakim's as well. Outside of Paid In Full Rakim's was a waste of time.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rakim is overrated. Its not like he had a great career... he had one good joint. I'd take KRS, LL, and Kane over Rakim. DOC's first album was tighter than Rakim's as well. Outside of Paid In Full Rakim's was a waste of time.
    LL over Rakim? First time I ever heard that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LL over Rakim? First time I ever heard that .
    You could easily rank LL at the top of the list. Only a few guys were able to put together a body of work comparable... Rakim not included. LL brought in an entire new genre of hip hop. No rappers were rhyming with R&B artists prior to LL. Now its the norm. Rakim fell off in the early 90's... LL can still drop joints if he wants. I liked Rakims first joint... after that it was all downhill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could easily rank LL at the top of the list. Only a few guys were able to put together a body of work comparable... Rakim not included. LL brought in an entire new genre of hip hop. No rappers were rhyming with R&B artists prior to LL. Now its the norm. Rakim fell off in the early 90's... LL can still drop joints if he wants. I liked Rakims first joint... after that it was all downhill.
    Mixing rap and R&B created a garbage genre where you'd have songs by people who couldn't rap or sing, it watered both genres down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Rakim was putting out amazing music long after Paid in Full.

Switch to southpaw, split your right jaw
    Cuz I don't like y'all
    I'm hyper nightfall
    Smooth when I move like an army
    Bulletproof down in case brothers try to harm me
    Putting brothers to rest like Elliott Ness cuz I don't like stress
    Streets ain't the place for innocent bystanders to stand
    Nothing's gonna stop the plan.
    I'll chill like Pacino, kill like DeNiro.
    Black Gambino, die like a hero.
    Living on shaky ground too close to the edge.
    Let's see if I know the ledge.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Did they look at you funny when you started drinking it?
    I brought my own single malt to share with my neighbor. Or I might've downed the slo-e.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mixing rap and R&B created a garbage genre where you'd have songs by people who couldn't rap or sing, it watered both genres down.
    I agree... but I like LL. You can't mention greatest rappers unless you mention him. He was literally the first superstar solo rapper. Even though he brought in the R&B, he kept his street cred along the way. His concerts were light years better than his peers. In a Golden Age of Hip Hop... Rakim's record sales were extremely poor. Not to mention on their greatest joint, Paid In Full, there was a ton of fluff with Eric B, just showing off his mixing skills and no rapping at all from Rakim. I'm not knocking him... that album could be the greatest Rap album ever, but he didn't follow it up with anything comparable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Rakim was putting out amazing music long after Paid in Full.

Switch to southpaw, split your right jaw
    Cuz I don't like y'all
    I'm hyper nightfall
    Smooth when I move like an army
    Bulletproof down in case brothers try to harm me
    Putting brothers to rest like Elliott Ness cuz I don't like stress
    Streets ain't the place for innocent bystanders to stand
    Nothing's gonna stop the plan.
    I'll chill like Pacino, kill like DeNiro.
    Black Gambino, die like a hero.
    Living on shaky ground too close to the edge.
    Let's see if I know the ledge.

That is average at best.

This is when he was rocking.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Unless Eazy was an IV drug user he had to be always into something, getting ed at night. It ain't eazy for hetero men to get the AIDS tbh.

I like DOC, but no way he was anywhere close to Rakim. His solo had some great work on it and I loved his verses in NWA & the Posse (too bad the Fila Fresh Crew was ting up the rest of the songs he appeared on though), but nah man, no comparison to Paid in Full. I think the closest MC the west coast ever had to Rakim was Ice T. Iceberg has to be the most underrated rapper ever.
    There's that rumor that Suge Knight injected eazy with some needle carrying HIV.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    what? he may be overrated by some but you went to far ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Eazy is on record saying how he ed over the worlds greatest rap group... fact.

Dre is on record apologizing for his abuse of women... fact.

Cube is on record of admitting to never being a gangsta and never even hanging out in clubs due to being a family man... fact.

According to Jerry er he never did anything wrong nor did he contribute to the group breaking up... I'm not buying it. The gay rumors surfaced when Eazy caught was diagnosed with AIDS. Back then people thought it was a gay disease. Eazy was a hustler and allowed his ego to get the best of him... in the process he lost the most important members of his group. I saw that same interview and Jerry still seems bitter over Cube airing his ass out in No Vaseline.
    Oh I dont buy all he is selling. for example Cube was so young he didnt know law ... you saw how he handled the contract dispute with Priority he was "hood" ... no lawsuits doesnt mean er was innocent he was just smart enough to steal money legally ... just saying there are two sides to every story.I think the movie's depiction was accurate his "defense' was he protected his "end". in short Eazy was the fall guy. He had him sign the checks and when went sour ... Eazy took all the losses. er didnt have to downgrade houses but he also put up the front money as well. I think in the end he is just as shady as and record exec ...But Eazy still was complicit in screwing over Cube in particular.

I agree with Bum DOC wasnt on Rakim's level but er argues cube's record was next up on ruthless but Dre wanted to work wth DOC who saw him as his first Snoop or Em ...
    Again I think all parties Dre, Eazy, Cube er will paint themselves in the best light.

Really liked Cube's son portrayal would love to see something where he does more of his dad's story ... i thought the whole cast was excellent tbh but Cube's son was uncanny i guess the genes helped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I dont buy all he is selling. for example Cube was so young he didnt know law ... you saw how he handled the contract dispute with Priority he was "hood" ... no lawsuits doesnt mean er was innocent he was just smart enough to steal money legally ... just saying there are two sides to every story.I think the movie's depiction was accurate his "defense' was he protected his "end". in short Eazy was the fall guy. He had him sign the checks and when went sour ... Eazy took all the losses. er didnt have to downgrade houses but he also put up the front money as well. I think in the end he is just as shady as and record exec ...But Eazy still was complicit in screwing over Cube in particular.
    Like Parrish Smith said "Rappers been around long, making mad noise you see, still I haven't seen one rapper living comfortably"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is average at best.

This is when he was rocking.

Microphone Fiend was off his second album man.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Also, the dude playing Pac, that was uncanny.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

I agree with Bum DOC wasnt on Rakim's level but er argues cube's record was next up on ruthless but Dre wanted to work wth DOC who saw him as his first Snoop or Em ...
    Again I think all parties Dre, Eazy, Cube er will paint themselves in the best light.

Really liked Cube's son portrayal would love to see something where he does more of his dad's story ... i thought the whole cast was excellent tbh but Cube's son was uncanny i guess the genes helped.
    Yeah Cube's son did an excellent job. So did the guys playing Eazy and Dre. I loved the Scene where Dre is confront Suge about the going on in the next room while Pac is trying to record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's that rumor that Suge Knight injected eazy with some needle carrying HIV.
    Pretty sure Eazy wouldn't have gone to the grave with that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Like Parrish Smith said "Rappers been around long, making mad noise you see, still I haven't seen one rapper living comfortably"
    EPMD was another great team ....crossover still can bump in my car anyday
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 08-28-2015 at 01:56 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I never knew about this single for Gangster Gangster until I was just watching a youtube interview with DJ Yella where they brought up the cover with the white guy shining their shoes. Is that you cubby?

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I never knew about this single for Gangster Gangster until I was just watching a youtube interview with DJ Yella where they brought up the cover with the white guy shining their shoes. Is that you cubby?

Avante

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CROFL, interesting piece of trivia: dude who voiced Franklin in GTA V beat Ice Cube's ass and took his chain and Rolex.

FF to the 10 minute mark.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    baseline bum

http://collider.com/straight-outta-c...s-cut-blu-ray/

Only features 20 more minutes of footage but it will be interesting to see what they cut out

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    baseline bum

Only features 20 more minutes of footage but it will be interesting to see what they cut out
    Thanks DJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum

Nice

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Me on the ride home after watching Straight Outta Compton

Thread Information