Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worked on some of that...

Some of those old games are pretty dope, tbh... never played them before working on 'em... we even had to fix some known bugs on the original games

Not sure how much I can talk about... so I'll be quiet...
    Can you port Arkham Knight to PC?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you port Arkham Knight to PC?
    crofl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you're lucky. Most games need 40gbs. The new Batman game is like 55gb.

I dont know what you mean. You could never upgrade the xbox to a bigger harddrive like you could the PS3 and 4. It is the actual internal hard drive you swap out for a let's say if you want a 2TB disk on the Sony consoles.

All you have to do is slide the lid off the PS4 and then some screws and then you're good to go.

It's the easiest thing ever. I haven't replaced mine but I did open it up to fix the auto ejection that some units had.
    do you need to migrate or clone the ps o/s software to the new slate clean hdd?

i

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's official

Fan Favorite PS2 Games Launching on PS4 Tomorrow
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...-ps4-tomorrow/

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's official

Fan Favorite PS2 Games Launching on PS4 Tomorrow
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...-ps4-tomorrow/
    Damn, so you wrote an emulator? Any chance you can write a PS3 one? If I could play PS2 and PS3 games on it, I'd probably buy a PS4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The emulator was already written when they contacted me, tbh, although I do work closely with the emu team and they did contact me due to my previous emulation work. I don't know that I can say exactly what I do without breaching the NDA, tbh, and the money is too good to screw that up

IMO, PS3 is a different ballgame, tbh... not saying it can't be done, but it would be technically challenging with the PS4 hardware...

Basically, it's a dual-core PowerPC @ 3.2GHz and an additional 8 SPE cores (albeit only 6-7 used). The SPEs are more like DSPs, have their own memory and use an internal DMA-like controller for communication with the system.

The PS4 8 core CPU is clocked at 1.6 GHz... while you could probably optimize the dynarec to match the PowerPC performance in most cases, the SPEs are still difficult to match speed-wise.

Ideally, you would want to dynarec the SPEs to OpenCL and run them on the GPU, but the fact that they can stop and wait for incoming data or messages, makes it technically challenging.

Just my personal thoughts based on my emulation experience, I don't have any clue if they're thinking about it or working on it, and if I did, I probably couldn't say a word about it.

Thread Information