My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...46832187465728

The Golden State Warriors have reached agreement on deal w/ free agent sharpshooter Jarell Eddie, sources tell RealGM. Camp battle for spot.
    Guess the Warriors were impressed with what they saw in the Vegas summer league recently. Too bad the Spurs couldn't sign him for training camp. He's a great three-point shooter. If Eddie can make the Warriors roster, they will benefit. Another sharpshooter added to their team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs are probably already set with their 15 man lineup.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only dude who would've competed with Jimmer for the 15th spot, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have preferred Eddie to Jimmer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eddie is a phenomenal shooter. Its always been his defense that is a problem. From what I hear, Jimmer's defense is also a problem. Hopefully Jimmer can do more than just shoot. It would seem that his offensive game at least is a little more versatile.

As an observation, the Spurs have really been going away from one-dimensional shooters. Last year they picked up Reggie Williams for example, when they could have also picked up Eddie. Williams shot well in the D'league, but also passed the ball well, and could score off the dribble. He disappointed, but this year they are trying new project guys in Jimmer and Simmons. I am thinking that to fit in with Patty and Kyle, they want a SG that can create off the dribble a little bit and pass. That is not Eddie.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eddie is a phenomenal shooter. Its always been his defense that is a problem. From what I hear, Jimmer's defense is also a problem. Hopefully Jimmer can do more than just shoot. It would seem that his offensive game at least is a little more versatile.

As an observation, the Spurs have really been going away from one-dimensional shooters. Last year they picked up Reggie Williams for example, when they could have also picked up Eddie. Williams shot well in the D'league, but also passed the ball well, and could score off the dribble. He disappointed, but this year they are trying new project guys in Jimmer and Simmons. I am thinking that to fit in with Patty and Kyle, they want a SG that can create off the dribble a little bit and pass. That is not Eddie.
    Disclaimer: 15th man, end of bench player we are discussing here.

So the 15th man is really just an insurance policy. What you want is someone who can fill a variety of roles and be capable enough in those roles. In that context, Fredette despite being 4 inches shorter than Eddie probably fits the bill better. Furthermore, Fredette has 4 years NBA experience versus a rookie, so the expectation is he doesn't make a fool of himself while he is playing.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are so in their heads. They know they're just keeping that trophy warm for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disclaimer: 15th man, end of bench player we are discussing here.

So the 15th man is really just an insurance policy. What you want is someone who can fill a variety of roles and be capable enough in those roles. In that context, Fredette despite being 4 inches shorter than Eddie probably fits the bill better. Furthermore, Fredette has 4 years NBA experience versus a rookie, so the expectation is he doesn't make a fool of himself while he is playing.
    You are right on that observation and I agree with you. Because Spurs are old these end of the bench guys do play more in the RS than they would in other teams, so it is better to have a guy that can give you several things even if they are at subpar quality. If any of them turn out better than subpar that is a huge bonus.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His form sure is better. Taller. I don't know that Jimmer's D is going to be any better.

Hopefully Fredette pans out, as they seem intent to roll with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...46832187465728

Guess the Warriors were impressed with what they saw in the Vegas summer league recently. Too bad the Spurs couldn't sign him for training camp. He's a great three-point shooter. If Eddie can make the Warriors roster, they will benefit. Another sharpshooter added to their team.
    He won't make it. The rest of his game is too flawed.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't make it. The rest of his game is too flawed.
    Might depend on what you mean by "make it".

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a Jimmer fan, I wasn't worried about Eddie supplanting him; and I wanted Eddie to stay in our system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh Pop's cooking up hiis Re styled screens for jimmer. Re 's white so a white guy like jummer should also fit better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might depend on what you mean by "make it".
    The team. Really? That was unclear?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a Jimmer fan, I wasn't worried about Eddie supplanting him; and I wanted Eddie to stay in our system.
    He will. When GS cuts him, he goes back to Austin.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will. When GS cuts him, he goes back to Austin.
    Looney out for 4-6 months. He might have a chance.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repost edited out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    armchair GMs saying Eddie over Jimmer
    Eddie battling for camp spot
    Jimmer's "mostly non-guaranteed training camp deal"

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eddie is raw. He stills needs a year or two to develop into an NBA player. Spurs already got Simmons for the backup SF role (and they have KA as well). Both are years ahead of Eddie right now.

Spurs needed another Hybrid guard that can shoot. They got that in Jimmer. I think it is a very good comparison to compare Jimmer with Kerr. I easily see Jimmer developing into a key role bench player that Kerr was for a championship caliber team.

Thread Information