Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FOX Sports: UFC @UFCONFOX
    Dana White confirms that Carlos Condit is contemplating retirement following his loss at #UFC195

<b class="fullname link-complex-target" style="font-weight: bold; line-height: 1;">

Post Count
    Just saw the fight. A classic indeed. To me it comes down to the 3rd round. Do you like Carlos volume or Robbie landing some of the harder shots?

Round 1- Carlos with more volume and versatility.
    Round 2- Robbie drops Condit so he takes the round.
    Round 3- Very even how did you score it?
    Round 4- Easily Condit wins again with volume and versatility.
    Round 5 I thought Robbie dug deep like he did with Rory and pulled it out. Had Carlos hurt a few times in the round.

Great fight..

Post Count
    One of those "you have to beat the champ to be the champ" type decisions...
    And yet, Lawler won the best away from Hendricks on an even fight controversial decision....

Post Count
    That was an absolute robbery. Condit completely outclassed Lawler, even in the 2nd which you can give to Robbie, Condit looked the better fighter. Robbie basically won the fight by plodding forward, landing one punch in the 2nd, and swinging for the fences in the 5th.

One of the worst decisions in the history of the UFC. Just ing atrocious.

Post Count
    One of the worst decisions in the history of the UFC. Just ing atrocious.
    You need to watch more fights..

I could name about 10 more for you right now, way worse.

Bisping/Hamill
    Rampage/Forrest just for starters..

Post Count
    You need to watch more fights..

I could name about 10 more for you right now, way worse.

Bisping/Hamill
    Rampage/Forrest just for starters..
    Yes. There have been a lot of bad decisions in MMA history, some were won more clearly than even Condit's match.

But how many of those were for a LE?

That's why this is such a terrible trainwreck of a decision. It definitely wasn't the worst robbery, but a le was on the ing line and they got it wrong.

Post Count
    Yes. There have been a lot of bad decisions in MMA history, some were won more clearly than even Condit's match.

But how many of those were for a LE?

That's why this is such a terrible trainwreck of a decision. It definitely wasn't the worst robbery, but a le was on the ing line and they got it wrong.
    For me you have to make it very clear in a war like that in order to take that belt away. One defining thread in these fights is don't lose the 5th round. That last image in the judges minds is huge apparently.

Post Count
    For me you have to make it very clear in a war like that in order to take that belt away. One defining thread in these fights is don't lose the 5th round. That last image in the judges minds is huge apparently.
    Um.... Lawler won the le away from Hendricks and didn't even get CLOSE to making it clear that he won.

Robbie got completely picked apart. He shouldn't be the champion. It's arguable that Condit won every round except the 5th. He dropped Robbie in the 1st, and dominated the 4th.

That was not a close fight. Condit was WAY more impressive than Lawler was when he won the belt.

Post Count
    Um.... Lawler won the le away from Hendricks and didn't even get CLOSE to making it clear that he won.

Robbie got completely picked apart. He shouldn't be the champion. It's arguable that Condit won every round except the 5th. He dropped Robbie in the 1st, and dominated the 4th.

That was not a close fight. Condit was WAY more impressive than Lawler was when he won the belt.
    And who won the fifth round when Robbie won the le? Hendricks was completely gassed out and getting the kicked out of him at the end of that round. That left a huge impression on the judges mind in a close fight. Judges have a tendency to score fights closely even if the public might think it's not as close. You have to finish the fight strong. Because it usually comes down to that last round.

Post Count
    The fight came down to the 3rd round. Robbie won the 2nd by dropping and hurting Condit. He easily wins the 5th. So it was about the 3rd and how you scored it. But again judges seem to favor the fighter that finishes stronger..

Gsp and Hendricks, gsp wins the 5th
    Robbie and Hendricks 1, Hendricks wins the 5th
    Robbie and Hendricks 2, Robbie wins the 5th
    Robbie and Condit, Robbie wins the 5th

Pattern much..
    Last edited by dbreiden83080; 01-04-2016 at 11:18 PM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Didn't post at the time but I saw the fight and I also had Condit winning. Granted it was a close fight but the decision they took was a surprise. The sheer volume of punches and kicks from Condit should have warranted the W. And Condit deserves the le.

Thread Information