Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There's another article in that same section with the following:

Consider the testimony in the trial of Sam Ukwuachu from Bethany McCraw, a Baylor associate dean. McCraw had conducted her own investigation of charges brought by the student known as Jane Doe, and she determined there was insufficient evidence to move forward with a case. She made that ruling, by the way, without bothering to check the results of a rape kit.

Anyway, as if that weren’t bad enough, McCraw informed the jury that Jane Doe had told her she’d previously kissed Ukwuachu and had oral sex with him. Only she had done no such thing. What she told McCraw, according to the Waco Tribune-Herald, was that she’d rebuffed Ukwuachu’s advances
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/col...al-assault.ece

I can't believe that idiot dean perjured herself on the stand.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Mens basketball had one .... one.... tournament appearance between 1951 and 2007. That's FIFTY years of mediocrity before being tourney regulars.
    Womens basketball has been to the tourney 14 straight years now dating back to 2001.

Before that the only two appearances ever were in '76 & 77.
    All true. All Baylor sports were mediocre until Kim Mulkey was hired. Mediocrity is not the same as "bottom of the toilet". Baylor football after Reedy and before Briles defined that term nicely, but that's the only sport that finished dead last every year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Baylor hiring outside firm to investigate:

http://collegesports.blog.statesman....led-rape-case/

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here's the OTL report.

Elliott's family melting down in the responses trying to defend him

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Mediocrity is not the same as "bottom of the toilet
    That's telling me

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    That's telling me
    Words mean things.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Because it's very important to note that Baylor wasn't bottom of the toilet, just the middle

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Before Briles they would have to have a great season to reach bottom of the toilet

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Because it's very important to note that Baylor wasn't bottom of the toilet, just the middle
    Since your statement that they were worst of the worst in every sport was evidence that they've been cheating at an ins utional level to bring every single sport up to where it is today, it seems important to note that the starting point you've given them is a complete fabrication. Their football team was beyond horrible for a long time and it took the combination of one good coach and one Heisman trophy to dig them out of that hole.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Before Briles they would have to have a great season to reach bottom of the toilet
    Very true. I've probably said this before, but I think the UNLV game was the low point.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Since your statement that they were worst of the worst in every sport was evidence that they've been cheating at an ins utional level to bring every single sport up to where it is today, it seems important to note that the starting point you've given them is a complete fabrication. Their football team was beyond horrible for a long time and it took the combination of one good coach and one Heisman trophy to dig them out of that hole.
    I couldn't have stated any clearer that although there's no evidence, it's my opinion that Baylor has been cheating to get where they are in the three sports.

If you really value my opinion that much, you're free to continue your attempts to persuade me.

Important stuff.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    I couldn't have stated any clearer that although there's no evidence, it's my opinion that Baylor has been cheating to get where they are in the three sports.
    Actually you should go back and read what you typed, because you made it pretty clear that you think they have been cheating for a decade because all major sports went from worst to first overnight. We are all aware of your opinion, and nobody values it. And now we all agree that there are no facts to support it either. You could turn out to be correct that they are cheating at every sport but at this point it's nothing other than sour grapes and wishful thinking.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Actually you should go back and read what you typed, because you made it pretty clear that you think they have been cheating for a decade because all major sports went from worst to first overnight. We are all aware of your opinion, and nobody values it. And now we all agree that there are no facts to support it either. You could turn out to be correct that they are cheating at every sport but at this point it's nothing other than sour grapes and wishful thinking.
    Lol we all

Important stuff! !!!!!!!

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Wait was this thread about again?

Oh yeah

"This story comes with the familiar odor of a striver program that has finally reached the top – and is willing to sell plenty of its soul to stay there."

Seems pretty accurate. Somewhere Splits is laughing...

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    "
    The*Baylor University*athletics department was an organization on the brink. Left reeling after the murder of one of its student-athletes by his own teammate, a deeper investigation exposed what would become one of the most shocking scandals in recent college sports memory. A program already mired in mediocrity was now found to have an endemic culture of cheating and a total disregard for the amateurism ideals that were at the very essence of why the department existed in the first place..........."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbel.../#56a0042d414b

Oh look. Someone else called them cheaters

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More rapes covered up.

Smh

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Briles
    Failor
    Just Let It Happen University

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    "
    The*Baylor University*athletics department was an organization on the brink. Left reeling after the murder of one of its student-athletes by his own teammate, a deeper investigation exposed what would become one of the most shocking scandals in recent college sports memory. A program already mired in mediocrity was now found to have an endemic culture of cheating and a total disregard for the amateurism ideals that were at the very essence of why the department existed in the first place..........."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbel.../#56a0042d414b

Oh look. Someone else called them cheaters
    Oh look. Someone called them cheaters just like I did on page 2 of this thread.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    You could turn out to be correct that they are cheating at every sport but at this point it's nothing other than sour grapes and wishful thinking.
    So which one is you, sour grapes or wishful thinking. Both?

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    So which one is you, sour grapes or wishful thinking. Both?
    How would either apply? What part of my statements though this thread are in favor of anything but transparency and punishment for cheaters and lawbreakers?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    How would either apply? What part of my statements though this thread are in favor of anything but transparency and punishment for cheaters and lawbreakers?
    Where did I say you weren't

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Where did I say you weren't
    So you're just trying to get your post count up. Got it. Glad we all agree.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    So you're just trying to get your post count up. Got it. Glad we all agree.
    Uh ok. Good talk.

Thread Information