Post Count
    boom

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Rapelor

Post Count
    Baylor seems pretty dug-in like they're not going to admit any substantial wrong doing despite all the allegations.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They'd better do something...or they are going to get ed in the ass by the Texas AG and the NCAA.

Post Count
    They'd better do something...or they are going to get ed in the ass by the Texas AG and the NCAA.
    Hasn't the NCAA been pretty silent? If it were going to do something, wouldn't it have at least signaled it by now?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas AG is a Baylor grad and is the under indictment. He don't give a .

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They can't stay quiet forever. This is some that doesn't just get swept under the rug.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Baylor is the Penn State of Texas.......all this sexual misconduct and abuse being hidden and covered up. PSU was a coach raping boys, Baylor is several players raping and assaulting coeds. Briles is absolute s for knowing the trash within his program and hoarding it just to win football games, and at a Christian University no less.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's done.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Took long enough...

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Took long enough...
    Word is that Briles knew he was fired for over a month, but they're trying to figure out how not to pay that ten year extension. There may be more firings to come once they figure out the legal/finance part.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The powers that be got swept up in Briles considerable coaching abilities - it's too bad that a few bad apples and looking the other way on an ins utional level is going to result in a lot of pain for a lot of people in Waco.

I just hope that the people in the know were very few and that they are dealt with appropriately.

Hopefully the affected female Baylor students can get the help and support they need and deserve.

Baylor is fine school and will survive this dark period in time.

Baylor tries to hold itself to a higher standard than the norm, but, unfortunately, there is no school immune from people willing to take short cuts and look the other way.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Baylor is fine school and will survive this dark period in time.
    I wonder if the football program survives. Penn St seems to be okay now but that's Penn St

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    I wonder if the football program survives. Penn St seems to be okay now but that's Penn St
    It won't be any good, but it will survive. They're trying to save it which is what's going to kill it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Penn State got off very light. They should have gotten the death penalty

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Penn State got off very light. They should have gotten the death penalty
    There are about 3-4 schools that SHOULD have gotten it since SMU got it and was really nearly destroyed.

I know Alabama for one should have been handed it at one point.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    There are about 3-4 schools that SHOULD have gotten it since SMU got it and was really nearly destroyed.

I know Alabama for one should have been handed it at one point.
    Way more than 3-4 in my opinion

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Report: Baylor Coerced Rape Victims Into Silence By Threatening To Punish Them For Drinking
    Quote:
    Baylor rape victims say the university told women who attempted to report their assaults that their parents would be informed of their alcohol or drug use under the student conduct code and in some cir stances were themselves charged with code violations, according to the Associated Press

Baylor’s student code banned dancing until 1996 and only last year removed “fornication,” “adultery,” and “ sexual acts” from its official list of misconduct. Victims say Baylor even punished women who tried to report assaults that happened to other victims:

One woman said her case began when she called police to report a physical assault on another woman at an off-campus party. Police demanded to know if she was underage and had been drinking, then arrested and reported her to the school office that investigates conduct code violations, she said. She told Baylor officials her drinking was a result of being raped a month earlier and detailed what happened in person and in a letter.

She received an alcohol code violation and told to do 25 hours community service, and when she tried to appeal, the woman said Baylor officials urged her to drop it. The school never pursued her rape claim.

“I was told by many Baylor staff that they couldn’t do anything for me because my assault was off campus, yet they had no problem punishing me for my off-campus drinking,” the woman said.
    Universities are required by federal law to investigate sexual assaults, whether they happen on- or off-campus, and feds informed Baylor in 2011 that its conduct policy may have a chilling effect on sexual assault reporting. Being caught drinking alcohol is cause for expulsion under Baylor’s student conduct policy.

Pepper Hamilton’s report cited the policy as “creating barriers” to victims reporting their assaults, due both to fears of being punished and those of parental informing.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Report: Baylor Coerced Rape Victims Into Silence By Threatening To Punish Them For Drinking
    Quote:
    Baylor rape victims say the university told women who attempted to report their assaults that their parents would be informed of their alcohol or drug use under the student conduct code and in some cir stances were themselves charged with code violations, according to the Associated Press

Baylor’s student code banned dancing until 1996 and only last year removed “fornication,” “adultery,” and “ sexual acts” from its official list of misconduct. Victims say Baylor even punished women who tried to report assaults that happened to other victims:

One woman said her case began when she called police to report a physical assault on another woman at an off-campus party. Police demanded to know if she was underage and had been drinking, then arrested and reported her to the school office that investigates conduct code violations, she said. She told Baylor officials her drinking was a result of being raped a month earlier and detailed what happened in person and in a letter.

She received an alcohol code violation and told to do 25 hours community service, and when she tried to appeal, the woman said Baylor officials urged her to drop it. The school never pursued her rape claim.

“I was told by many Baylor staff that they couldn’t do anything for me because my assault was off campus, yet they had no problem punishing me for my off-campus drinking,” the woman said.
    Universities are required by federal law to investigate sexual assaults, whether they happen on- or off-campus, and feds informed Baylor in 2011 that its conduct policy may have a chilling effect on sexual assault reporting. Being caught drinking alcohol is cause for expulsion under Baylor’s student conduct policy.

Pepper Hamilton’s report cited the policy as “creating barriers” to victims reporting their assaults, due both to fears of being punished and those of parental informing.
    disgusting

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quote:

If true Waco has some police department issues as well. See you in court.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    That's why Waco has been a hole for much of the last 150 years. Under the thumb of the Babdists and the university. Better go get that abortion so the other members of your church don't know your daughter's pregnant and judge you for it.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    And then hide the abortion lest you get judged for murder too

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Briles broke down in front of the regents.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ce-allegations

Thread Information