My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When a U.S. citizen going by the name “Abu Abdullah al-Amriki” blew himself up in a suicide attack in Baiji, Iraq, this month, he was the most recent example of a troubling trend: the roughly 200 Americans who have traveled or attempted to travel to Iraq and Syria to fight for the Islamic State.

Not all of the foreigners have left for the region looking to fight for the Islamic State, however. Instead, growing numbers of Americans are heading there to fight against the extremists. The American fighters — mostly military veterans, with a strangely disproportionate share of Texans — are linking up with Kurdish groups and Christian militias in the region to battle the Islamic State militants who currently control broad swaths of Iraq and Afghanistan. A new report by the investigative website Bellingcat, released Wednesday, takes the first systematic look at these “other foreign fighters.”

The report finds that at least 108 Americans — including one woman — have made the journey to Iraq and Syria to take on the Islamic State, highlighting the global nature of the conflict and the relative ease of recruitment and travel to the battlefield. It’s a dangerous undertaking, and one American has already been killed in the fighting. Massachusetts resident Keith Broomfield, 36, died while fighting with a Kurdish militia in Syria earlier this year. Broomfield, who had no military experience, traveled to the war zone after a Christian religious awakening.
    http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/08/26/...ampaign=buffer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "with a strangely disproportionate share of Texans"

TX got lotsa Muslim haters combined with
    Holy Warrior, Bible humping "Christian" gun fellators who love to kill stuff. We'll see how many come back alive, in one piece, and/or mentally destroyed.

"Broomfield, who had no military experience, traveled to the war zone after a Christian religious awakening." poor sucker, religion makes you mentally ill, deranged, ignorant.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "with a strangely disproportionate share of Texans"

TX got lotsa Muslim haters combined with
    Holy Warrior, Bible humping "Christian" gun fellators who love to kill stuff. We'll see how many come back alive, in one piece, and/or mentally destroyed.

"Broomfield, who had no military experience, traveled to the war zone after a Christian religious awakening." poor sucker, religion makes you mentally ill, deranged, ignorant.

s have always hated Christianity, it's how you got the name

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not just a disproportionate share from Texas, but a strangely disproportionate share?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wouldnt it be better to be employ by the govt and go fight where u still get paid and benefits?

wtf do you get for fighting for these clowns in the ME?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not just a disproportionate share from Texas, but a strangely disproportionate share?
    Texas is strange.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wouldnt it be better to be employ by the govt and go fight where u still get paid and benefits?

wtf do you get for fighting for these clowns in the ME?
    Repugs broke the M/E, not Obama and the Dems, so the Repugs can sign up and go (FAIL to) fix the M/E.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it shouldn't be strange.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it shouldn't be strange.
    strange to normal non-Texans

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dudes a hero

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I sure hope you aren't in Texas boutons, If so would you be interested in mutual combat? Where are you in tx

Thread Information