Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi=Kobe?

LMA=Pau?

tbh?
    They say that Kawhi told LMA "be my Paul" in their first off-season meeting and then they played three consecutive NBA finals and won two rings? Sounds legit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like this website is a dreary place with no original thoughts and where zero valuable discussion takes place. I feel like it is full of teenagers who think they are funny and original but really use the same recycled garbage troll tactics over and over again. I very rarely see anything posted here anymore that I legitimately enjoy reading. Everybody just calls each other gots and cucks and there is no wit or creativity behind any of the posts or insults posted here.
    Well said

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They DO compare him to Pippen, tbh...
    I wonder WHY they do it...

Kawhi Leonard 4th season, 23 years old:
    Per 100 possessions 23.6 points, 11.6 rebounds, 4.1 assists, 3.7 steals, 1.2 blocks, 56.7%TS
    Kawhi Leonard accolades through 4 seasons:
    1xNBA Champion, 1x NBA Finals MVP, 1x DPOY, 1x All-Defensive 1st team, 1x All-Defensive 2nd team, NBA All-Rookie 1st Team.

Scottie Pippen, 4th season, 25 years old
    Per 100 possessions 24.3 points, 9.9 rebounds, 8.5 assists, 3.2 steals, 1.5 blocks, 52% TS
    Scottie Pippen accolades through 4 seasons:
    1xNBA Champion, 0x NBA Finals MVP, 0xDPOY, 0 All Defensive 1st team, 1xAll-Defensive 2nd team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Kobe-Kawhi-Pippen hybrid

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    OP, how do you feel about choking on so much ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP, how do you feel about choking on so much ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like this website is a dreary place with no original thoughts and where zero valuable discussion takes place. I feel like it is full of teenagers who think they are funny and original but really use the same recycled garbage troll tactics over and over again. I very rarely see anything posted here anymore that I legitimately enjoy reading. Everybody just calls each other gots and cucks and there is no wit or creativity behind any of the posts or insults posted here.
    I feel like you and Rob Diaz butt each other. Am I right got?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is a guy who is natural scorer and can score 20 plus consistently while Kawhi is not a gifted natural scorer on the same level as LMA. Consistency has always been an issue with Kawhi. Even when he won finals MVP the first two games of series he was crap but the final 3 games he went on a tear. This year in the playoffs Kawhi was great the first 4 games and then was garbage the last 3 games. I feel confident in LMA's abilities to show up offensively in a 7 game series more so than Kawhi. I just feel better not having to rely on Kawhi's inconsistent scoring knowing the spurs have a go to guy in LMA to keep the offense from sputtering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is a guy who is natural scorer and can score 20 plus consistently while Kawhi is not a gifted natural scorer on the same level as LMA. Consistency has always been an issue with Kawhi. Even when he won finals MVP the first two games of series he was crap but the final 3 games he went on a tear. This year in the playoffs Kawhi was great the first 4 games and then was garbage the last 3 games. I feel confident in LMA's abilities to show up offensively in a 7 game series more so than Kawhi. I just feel better not having to rely on Kawhi's inconsistent scoring knowing the spurs have a go to guy in LMA to keep the offense from sputtering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite Aldridge's great numbers in regular season, his offensive efficiency was garbage in every playoffs series of his career. Having him on the team will work for both, LMA and Kawhi. Kawhi didn't have help of Parker, Manu, Green, when he struggled offensively in those three games, now when LMA has a bad night Kawhi will be there, and vice versa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is probably gonna turn into a troll tread,...

The Aldridge signing gives the Spurs a proven(even if worse than kawhi) offensive player that can take on the offensive load ...
    Yeah you've successfully turned it into a troll thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is probably gonna turn into a troll tread, but I'll post anyway.

On a selfish level sometimes I wish the Spurs never got Aldridge, because I think the Spurs could be successful (championship good) with Kawhi as their number one option. I think he could have put up 21-23ppg and about 4 apg maintaining his DPOY defense. Kawhi is my favorite player so I want the NBA to recognize his abilities. But then I think that the team would've had to rely on injury pone players(Tiago, Parker, maybe even Kawhi) if LaMarcus doesn't sign.

The Aldridge signing gives the Spurs a proven(even if worse than kawhi) offensive player that can take on the offensive load so Kawhi can make sure to maintain and even improve his defense. I do have legitimate concerns about the signing though: Will the Spurs use the motion offense? If not can Kawhi improve his play making and maintain high FG% with increased scoring? If they do run the motion, will there be enough shots for Kawhi and/or LaMarcus so they are both happy?

So, ultimately, I am in favor of Aldrigde signing, (especially because they got to keep Danny) because it brings more balance/stability to the roster and extends the Championship window.
    We got bounced in the first round with kawhi as the 1st option

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question: Why trade Tiago for peanuts and go hard after Lamarcus and max him up unless Spurs intended for him to have a very significant role in the team? Ppl act like him wanting to take shots is unexpected. meantime we hear Kawhi saying he wants to be an All-Star and Regular Season MVP and guys are not criticiszing him for going after personal records and such. Double standard.
    Truth Korean loudspeaker barrage

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker playing for the other team. Lmao.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They DO compare him to Pippen, tbh...
    Pippen was better at most things though imo

He's talent is in-between of Pippen and Luol Deng I'd say. Closer to Deng

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pippen was better at most things though imo

He's talent is in-between of Pippen and Luol Deng I'd say. Closer to Deng
    Pippen's passing is forgotten over here, tbh. Never thought of Luol but you're right now that you mentioned it, obviously he'll get better but that's who he is right now offensively. Not a 1st option yet and Pop knows it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pippen's passing is forgotten over here, tbh. Never thought of Luol but you're right now that you mentioned it, obviously he'll get better but that's who he is right now offensively. Not a 1st option yet and Pop knows it.
    Pippen's passing was on the same level as Lebron's that's how great of a passer he was. Pippen was the defacto PG in the bulls triangle offense. The phrase point forward was coined after Pippen's great play-making skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like you and Rob Diaz butt each other. Am I right got?
    I feel like you are a broke ass , am I right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker playing for the other team. Lmao.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pippen's passing was on the same level as Lebron's that's how great of a passer he was. Pippen was the defacto PG in the bulls triangle offense. The phrase point forward was coined after Pippen's great play-making skills.
    Eh...I have to respectfully disagree. I really do DESPISE everything Lebron and I looove Pippen (I appreciate Pippen MUCH more than Jordan actually...never been a Jordan lover), but Pippen's passing was not on Lebron's level. Pippen was an excellent facilitator and passer...elite alltime for his position. But Pippen is moreso the prototypical point-forward (a true forward who has the unique skillset to get away with running/facilitating an offense)...Lebron is more a true PG masquerading as a small forward because he has the clear body type. Lebron's vision, set-up ability and quality of passes is better than Pippen's was. Though Pippen was STELLAR at all three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but once Matt GODbarnes retires, we may see kawhi ascend into number 1 in our offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker starts thread about LMA and her third word is kiwi

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    The term Point Forward was coined for Paul Pressey at Milwaukee, actually.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The term Point Forward was coined for Paul Pressey at Milwaukee, actually.
    Interesting I just looked him up and see that he played most of his career during the 80's. I didn't start watching basketball until the early 90's. So he was a little bit before my time. I don't dispute what you are saying but I will say Pippen popularized the phrase Point Forward during the 90's.

In Bud We Trust SquawkinHawkBigCock's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Korean loudspeaker barrage

Thread Information