Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not gonna go in circles with you. You either get it or you don't. Context is everything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undefeated when leading the team. He can't decide when Kawhi or Parker decide to not pass the ball. He doesn't bring it downcourt TBH.
    How do we know who's leading when? For some people here kawhi is the leader of the team only when we lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undefeated when leading the team. He can't decide when Kawhi or Parker decide to not pass the ball. He doesn't bring it downcourt TBH.
    I think this is more of a product of the flow of the offence. When the offensive flow is there, LMA can get easier shots. If the offence is stalling, the ball will find Kawhi more because he can score in more ways than LMA. Also, if LMA has a favorable match up, he will get a lot of touches because kawhi can play off-ball equally well as with the ball in his hands. And if LMA plays bad the ball funnels to Kawhi; even though Kawhi will score he will take away from the flow of the offence because he's not an advanced playmaker.

My point is LMA plays well because the Spurs play well and when he has a particularly favorable match up; Kawhi can always play well so when LMA scores so does Kawhi, thus were more likely to win. It's like saying when Danny scores over 14 points were undefeated (just a hypothetical.) It doesn't mean we should feed LMA every game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by G-Dawgg; 02-17-2016 at 02:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this is more of a product of the flow of the offence. When the offensive flow is there, LMA can get easier shots. If the offence is stalling, the ball will find Kawhi more because he can score in more ways than LMA. Also, if LMA has a favorable match up, he will get a lot of touches because kawhi can play off-ball equally well as with the ball in his hands. And if LMA plays bad the ball funnels to Kawhi; even though Kawhi will score he will take away from the flow of the offence because he's not an advanced playmaker.

My point is LMA plays well because the Spurs play well and when he has a particularly favorable match up; Kawhi can always play well so when LMA scores so does Kawhi, thus were more likely to win. It's like saying when Danny scores over 14 points were undefeated (just a hypothetical.) It doesn't mean we should feed LMA every game.
    Those are good points. I think LMA playing well effects the team more than the team effects him tho. It could easily go either way, but more often than not, his ability to create offense seems to take a lot of pressure off of others, especially since lots of his shots are bail out shots on the offense stifling and running out of shot clock.

As far as the Danny Green comparison, we all know Danny has under performed. When he performs to his ability it helps the team, not Danny being helped by the team. He gets looks all the time but it does t help unless he is just playing good, and when he does, it obviously has a positive effect on the whole team. Which would support my view as well. Even though we both know, Danny is more of an off ball scorer who others create for, and not a main focus type player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminds me of the Splitter double-digit thing a couple of years ago. LMA is fulfilling his role in the offense. The offense isn't becoming his. Now that he and Green and slotted into their roles, the offense will work better for everyone. Can't wait to see how it looks if Parker and Duncan can get healthy and in shape again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are good points. I think LMA playing well effects the team more than the team effects him tho. It could easily go either way, but more often than not, his ability to create offense seems to take a lot of pressure off of others, especially since lots of his shots are bail out shots on the offense stifling and running out of shot clock.

As far as the Danny Green comparison, we all know Danny has under performed. When he performs to his ability it helps the team, not Danny being helped by the team. He gets looks all the time but it does t help unless he is just playing good, and when he does, it obviously has a positive effect on the whole team. Which would support my view as well. Even though we both know, Danny is more of an off ball scorer who others create for, and not a main focus type player.
    Your right. LMA definitely contributes more to his own success. I was just trying to say his scoring is more of a barometer for wins than Kawhi has been especially since so many more of our losses came at the being of the season when LMA was playing bad/getting use to the system(which is also why I made the Danny comparison). Now that I'm looking at my previous post, I can see that wasn't as clear as I wanted to be; I guess I was tired. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminds me of the Splitter double-digit thing a couple of years ago. LMA i.e. fulfilling his role in the offense. The offense isn't becoming his. Now that he and Green and slotted into their roles, the offense will work better for everyone. Can't wait to see how it looks if Parker and Duncan can get healthy and in shape again.
    Another terrible take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another terrible take
    What do you have against LMA that you'd sabotage him so?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he only showed up vs the good teams now...
    If only you'd show up in the official LMA apology thread now..

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only you'd show up in the official LMA apology thread now..
    How? He was playing bad. That was a correct assessment. I never said we should trade him or bench him. I don't need to apologies for my correct assessment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How? He was playing bad. That was a correct assessment. I never said we should trade him or bench him. I don't need to apologies for my correct assessment.
    so alpha he had to jump ships.
    "Yee of little faith." -Big Man in the Sky

Get your cheerleader crew in there too.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Yee of little faith." -Big Man in the Sky

Get your cheerleader crew in there too.
    I'm still correct. Anyone that jumps ships to find better players is not "alpha".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still correct. Anyone that jumps ships to find better players is not "alpha".
    wasn't the reason they did so well against the elite? The same teams your crew pegged him as the fall boy? Keep digging. You're taking the L for your doubt. You're taking it and putting it in the "L"MA apology thread.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't score vs good teams. Can score a lot of points vs bad teams. Do you get he hint?
    Read this page.

Take the L.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read this page.

Take the L.
    I wanted LMA. LMA or Bust.

He isn't the alpha on the team.

He wasn't showing up vs the good teams.

In no way did I say we got the wrong person or we need to bench LMA. You picked the wrong person to bump brah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted LMA. LMA or Bust.

He isn't the alpha on the team.

He wasn't showing up vs the good teams.

In no way did I say we got the wrong person or we need to bench LMA. You picked the wrong person to bump brah.
    You said he cant show up, not wasn't. Goalposts.

Take the L.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said he cant show up, not wasn't. Goalposts.

Take the L.
    I said if only he'd show up vs the good teams. Never that "he can't show up". Please stop dude before I call you a got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is probably gonna turn into a troll tread, but I'll post anyway.

On a selfish level sometimes I wish the Spurs never got Aldridge, because I think the Spurs could be successful (championship good) with Kawhi as their number one option. I think he could have put up 21-23ppg and about 4 apg maintaining his DPOY defense. Kawhi is my favorite player so I want the NBA to recognize his abilities. But then I think that the team would've had to rely on injury pone players(Tiago, Parker, maybe even Kawhi) if LaMarcus doesn't sign.

The Aldridge signing gives the Spurs a proven(even if worse than kawhi) offensive player that can take on the offensive load so Kawhi can make sure to maintain and even improve his defense. I do have legitimate concerns about the signing though: Will the Spurs use the motion offense? If not can Kawhi improve his play making and maintain high FG% with increased scoring? If they do run the motion, will there be enough shots for Kawhi and/or LaMarcus so they are both happy?

So, ultimately, I am in favor of Aldrigde signing, (especially because they got to keep Danny) because it brings more balance/stability to the roster and extends the Championship window.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people think sometimes our first quarters suck vs good compe ion? It's because we are running the tony parker show in the first. Come on guys. Watch more Spurs basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi hits this and spurs probably go on to ring. he let 35 y/o matt barnes say otherwise.

is this in game 7???

I turned that game off somtime in the 3rd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is ahead of his time tbh

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not being handed the team. He is now doing what he has already done with Portland. OKC is giving him shots. Daring others to beat us.

And he in no way is the leader. "Handed" the team because he scores...BS. The OP predicts by throwing gumb at passing birds, occasionally the birds eat it. I would describe the OP as an addicted gambler who forgets every losing bet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    basketball is a TEAM game

Thread Information