Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be worth it at four times the fine.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Multiply that by 1000 and you have 1/100 of Balmer's net worth.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $25 billion, sounds about right tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    $250,000 is chump change for the Clippers with Ballmer's backing. That's gonna look like a donation to the NBA for hurting Cuban and Chandler's feelings.

They should have been included a trade embargo or no draft picks for an x number of years with that $250,000.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't this exactly what the majority of the Lakers first pitch to Aldridge was?

Aside from being Kobe's Pau?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $250,000 is chump change for the Clippers with Ballmer's backing. That's gonna look like a donation to the NBA for hurting Cuban and Chandler's feelings.

They should have been included a trade embargo or no draft picks for an x number of years with that $250,000.
    I agree. 250K is a big fine, but its chump change to owners like Ballmer. Just like player fines for flopping, flagrants, and technicals are chump change to 95% of NBA players.

You want to hit teams where it hurts? Start pulling draft picks or dropping game suspensions, and people will start to fall in line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You notice the NCAA doesn't just fine colleges for recruiting infractions; it suspends the entire program.

NBA policing itself is cute. Take money from yourself to give to yourself to protect yourself against yourself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This shouldn't have been a money penalty at all.

Whether they got fined a dollar or 1 million isn't the point. This infraction goes beyond money. It's ethics.

The NBA should have blocked that signing back with the Clippers and force him to eat his with the Mavs. And then suspend head coaches and staff from the Clippers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demonkey didn't break any laws or rules. At least not written ones.

I think the reason for the fine is exactly same as reason to fine Pop for resting the guys. Something about conduct detrimental to league business.

Fine shoulda been 1,000,000 dollars thou

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The NBA should have blocked that signing back with the Clippers and force him to eat his with the Mavs. And then suspend head coaches and staff from the Clippers.
    DJ's overpaid contract off the books and no more Quitters around to choke away 3-1 series leads? That would be a reward, not a punishment.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Penalty is too light considering the negative impacts them Mavs suffered, and it ain't just about roster transaction... the Clippers and Demonkey made Mavs a laughing stock in NBA. Even if you multiply that figure by 1000 it'd still mean nothing to Balmer and the thugs, just like Mitch said.

But still little is better than none. The mount of money isn't the biggest point. The fine, no matter little or much, is an official acknowledgement from the league that it is WRONG to renege on a deal, even a vocal deal. Even though no further punishment is issued, the Clippers will be the people's enemy for many years in NBA imho. It's a moral victory for them Mavs, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most people are missing that the fine is for offering third party sponsorship in their FA presentation, ie an under the table extra (like everyone assumed the nets did for AK47), which occurred before the entire flip flop saga- that has nothing to do with the fine. for any team that fine is purely symbolic, for ballmer its a joke, and considering the rule they broke is to prevent rich teams from abusing their power, its even harder to comprehend. the penalty should be a cap hit- say 3-4 million, for 5 years. maybe ballmer gave silver a side deal too...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demonkey didn't break any laws or rules. At least not written ones.

I think the reason for the fine is exactly same as reason to fine Pop for resting the guys. Something about conduct detrimental to league business.

Fine shoulda been 1,000,000 dollars thou
    or thee?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Simmons was melting down about this earlier on twitter. Calling for an expose on the Clippers organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't benefit you to fine a team for compe ion reasons when the crime is essentially baggery.

Isn't this the same amount levied at pop for taking resting players on TV? There seems to be an agreed amount for violations of ethics not listed on the collective bargaining agreement. Very hard to levy sanctions when your rules have to be agreed upon by the owners. More than likely Cuban said eat to balmer and they went back to making money from TV.

Also lol at anyone who cites the NCAA as a model authority. That is a cuck organization if you ever saw one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know.

I think re-signing Jordan in itself is a punishment.

But they don't know that because they have a dumbass coach who practice nepotism.

The Mavs dodged a bullet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have taken their 2nd round pick tbh. None of these monetary fines ever matter to owners...It's like dropping a dollar...You lose it, and you get over it in a second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to punish them more. I'm sure the Clippers will have another playoff meltdown this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fines don't do anything like everybody else mentioned. Take away a few first round picks from the clippers and then they would feel some pain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't expect any better from the Clippers tbh

No morals and ethics, a complete piece of , cheating team.

Should have had all its draft picks for the next 3 years taken.

This is like when HSBC launder billions of dollars of drug money and cop a small fine for it.

Corrupt bull

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Penalty is too light considering the negative impacts them Mavs suffered, and it ain't just about roster transaction... the Clippers and Demonkey made Mavs a laughing stock in NBA. Even if you multiply that figure by 1000 it'd still mean nothing to Balmer and the thugs, just like Mitch said.

But still little is better than none. The mount of money isn't the biggest point. The fine, no matter little or much, is an official acknowledgement from the league that it is WRONG to renege on a deal, even a vocal deal. Even though no further punishment is issued, the Clippers will be the people's enemy for many years in NBA imho. It's a moral victory for them Mavs, tbh.
    Sup brotha, did the picklebreaths have you sweating?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    picklebreaths have me sweating, why? Only girls who're super hot like the prime Scarlett makes me sweat tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No need to punish them more. I'm sure the Clippers will have another playoff meltdown this season.
    Agree, but imo the point of the trade/draft embargo or suspension of key personnel is to make them realize how -made they are. And $250,000 isn't going to do it

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    IThis is like when HSBC launder billions of dollars of drug money and cop a small fine for it.
    Lol that's deeply embedded in our financial system. These are the banks that our governments are willing to rescue in economic meltdowns.

Thread Information