My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ..a player on your team who can easily drop 30-35 pts in dreary, B2B December games or someone you could throw the ball at in team-wide bad shooting playoff nights ..

Not since that MVParker 2012-2013 stretch we had that type of player to put you in position to win games (at least regular season )..We can't rely on Mills scoring outbursts like in 2014, and Kawhi is simply not that type of player yet (maybe not suited to it) when we get a bit stagnant with ball mvt.

So, i'm looking forward to LMA getting his numbers when we need them the most, tbh..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ..a player on your team who can easily drop 30-35 pts in dreary, B2B December games or someone you could throw the ball at in team-wide bad shooting playoff nights ..

Not since that MVParker 2012-2013 stretch we had that type of player to put you in position to win games (at least regular season )..We can't rely on Mills scoring outbursts like in 2014, and Kawhi is simply not that type of player yet (maybe not suited to it) when we get a bit stagnant with ball mvt.

So, i'm looking forward to LMA getting his numbers when we need them the most, tbh..
    Yeah...he's been fairly iffy overall in his playoff career but his series performance against Houston the year before last was special. No person or scheme could stop him...he ate Houston alive and its exciting because Houston is very likely our toughest matchup and I really think a player with Lamarcus's skill set strongly hurts their defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...he's been fairly iffy overall in his playoff career but his series performance against Houston the year before last was special. No person or scheme could stop him...he ate Houston alive and its exciting because Houston is very likely our toughest matchup and I really think a player with Lamarcus's skill set strongly hurts their defense.
    <br>
    Game 6 at home vs. Clippers was the type of cir stances where you need startpower for 20-25 point to close out a series..We gone cold with Pop posting up a stiff Splitter who got hacked/snuffed out at the rim or miserably clanked the FTs..Supplant Splitter with LMA in the juncture of only for that late 3rd/early 4th Q of the game and we probaly move on to the Conference SEMIS..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

During 2012-2013 POs, Parker had 12 games with 20+ points and 7 with 25+ (one game at 37 and one at 32) which btw for games at 20+ is same % than RS

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    <br>
    Game 6 at home vs. Clippers was the type of cir stances where you need startpower for 20-25 point to close out a series..We gone cold with Pop posting up a stiff Splitter who got hacked/snuffed out at the rim or miserably clanked the FTs..Supplant Splitter with LMA in the juncture of only for that late 3rd/early 4th Q of the game and we probaly move on to the Conference SEMIS..
    We lost that game because we went up 12 near the end of the half, Belinelli was on fire, and then Popo decided to inexplicably hack Jordan which quashed our momentum and let the Clippers right back into the game. Not because we didn't have Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During 2012-2013 POs, Parker had 12 games with 20+ points and 7 with 25+ (one game at 37 and one at 32) which btw for games at 20+ is same % than RS
    Unfortunately it didn't led to the ultimate goal, but i agree Tony tore it up until game 6/7 of the Finals..He can't do it nowadays, and that's whay you welcome LMA onboard warts and all..Our team needed that kind of shakeup as we certainly got scouted big time by the entire league after our amazing 2014 run and teams are more in on stuff we do--- gotta give them new tricks to figure out..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After years of Spurstalk ing, whining about Spurs NEVER landing a big name free agent, Spurs FINALLY sign an All-Star BIG in his prime, and people , whine. hilarious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're "rumbling" about RC & Co. bringing in a top 10 NBA player, you're most likely a huge got tbh...

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thread, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're "rumbling" about RC & Co. bringing in a top 10 NBA player, you're most likely a huge got tbh...
    Spoiled spurfan who thinks every elite player out there should embrace Timmy mien and demanor, tbh..You know LMA is going to be scapegoated in one or another if we don't live up to the expectations..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoiled spurfan who thinks every elite player out there should embrace Timmy mien and demanor, tbh..You know LMA is going to be scapegoated in one or another if we don't live up to the expectations..
    How would it be "scapegoating" if he is an "elite player" on a disappointing team?

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We lost that game because we went up 12 near the end of the half, Belinelli was on fire, and then Popo decided to inexplicably hack Jordan which quashed our momentum and let the Clippers right back into the game. Not because we didn't have Aldridge.
    I remember the ongoing discussion in this board, and I hated the hack in that particular stretch. IIRC, Clippers even got an offensive rebound and scored on those FTs before the half was over.

Thread Information