Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the Spurs go on a huge run after allstar break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My prediction:

Kawhi gets voted to all-star team but doesn't win MVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very, very, very, very, very unlikely considering this has never happened before.

Karl Malone was MVP in 1999 and didn't play in the All-Star game, but we all know why that was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're an MVP candidate, you'd damn well be playing like one at the ASB. If you are, you'll be picked for the ASG.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Matt Barnes co-mvp?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My prediction:

Kawhi gets voted to all-star team but doesn't win MVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how you think.

I'd say he gets voted to an all-star game. I don't know about MVP, but he will win an MVP award for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're an MVP candidate, you'd damn well be playing like one at the ASB. If you are, you'll be picked for the ASG.
    I assume the Spurs/Kawhi weren't that great before the ASG but then exploit dominating the league in february, march and april. Three months run is enough to win MVP? Who knows. Kawhi led the NBA in defensive ratings and steals but needed just one game to seal the deal for his DPOY, the last game against Warriors.

But I would rather to see Kawhi plays the All Star game instead of MVP candidacy.
    LMA will be the main scorer but like Matt Moore said Kawhi is already the best overall player, that talk about Kawhi MVP run in april could destroy LMA's ego. Do you want that your #1 offensive option has confidence issues in may? Better both play the ASG, stay healthy all season, and win in june.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi will not win MVP. He's not a good enough scorer or playmaker to accomplish that feat. He needs to improve a lot in one or both areas to even be considered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too much talent in SA now to give one guy the MVP unless he totally destroys the league. He's not a scoring phenom so that's what they look at. James and Durant will be in contention for it, and Westbrook will Durant out of it unless he goes down again and the Thunder end up with a good record regardless (actually because of it).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Barnes co-mvp?
    I was thinking D'Andre Jordan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for the prediction, but it's a bad one. Kawhi better not half-ass it out of the gate for the fifth year in a row. It's one thing for an old player to take half the season easy. But prime guys aren't getting MVP consideration if they are dormant for months on end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as MVP goes, it should be Lebron again. No Irving for half the season, and it's been long enough since he won his last one that people are going to be willing to vote for him again. Davis may well be the best player in the NBA next year, but the Pels will be the fifth seed at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as MVP goes, it should be Lebron again. No Irving for half the season, and it's been long enough since he won his last one that people are going to be willing to vote for him again. Davis may well be the best player in the NBA next year, but the Pels will be the fifth seed at best.
    I doubt Lebron wins it. The cavs will have trouble winning games here and there with Irving out and most likely finish the season 56-60 in a really weak east.

Harden is a good bet. He's going to average around the same points and so on plus if Howard can stay healthy they will win close to 60 or more.

I don't see why curry doesn't win again if they win 66 games ...but I guess he's not that popular with the players.

If the Thunder finish top 4 with a healthy Durant, he'll most likely win it since the narrative would be that they didn't make the playoffs without him..He has to top westbrook in PPG though.

Pelican would finish 5th at best..

If the spurs win 60+ games, one of Leonard and Aldridge is going to finish top 10.

Assuming these players are healthy for majority of the season..

Harden
    Durant
    Lebron
    Davis
    Curry
    Paul or Griffin
    Westbrook
    Last edited by apalisoc_9; 08-28-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Thread Information