Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Biden was awesome on the Colbert show tonight and showed he is as genuine as they come.
    Biden is a Delaware politician which alone should tell you how "genuine" he really is. There's no other state out there that hands out corporate welfare and tax breaks the way Delaware does.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    biden won't be able to stump the trump

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    biden won't be able to stump the trump
    I'm kinda disappointed in the tax plan Trump presented but I'd still take him over Hillary or Biden.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I haven't really looked into the details of it but what was bad about it? I know he was talking about eliminating the income tax for people who earn under 25k and closing some tax loopholes. Never heard a politician propose that.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I haven't really looked into the details of it but what was bad about it? I know he was talking about eliminating the income tax for people who earn under 25k and closing some tax loopholes. Never heard a politician propose that.
    Removing tax on income of less than 25k, removing corporate income tax and also removing the carried interest loophole is what I liked about it, but it had big cuts to the top marginal rates and also eliminates the estate tax. After you account for the increase in GDP and wages, his tax plan still reduces tax revenue by roughly 1 trillion a year, which begs the question of how we would pay down the deficit with that tax plan.

I think he has good intentions but "removing loopholes" is always something easier said than done. You can rewrite the tax code from cover to cover and simplify it, but there are always going to be lobbyists/tax lawyers/CPAs who can find or argue for new exemptions/loopholes. There also isn't THAT much revenue we lose to income tax loopholes, the big problem with our tax code is that income generated by capital is taxed at an insanely low rate even though it's an increasingly larger part of the tax base.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I think he has good intentions"

His intention is to promote the Trump brand, but he won't be President, so his enrich-the-rich tax scheme is DOA.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

His intention is to promote the Trump brand, but he won't be President, so his enrich-the-rich tax scheme is DOA.

Found schlomo

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

What does DOA mean? It's hard to keep track of your acronyms that no one uses.

You can disagree with the guy all you want, but it's dumb to keep pretending he's not a serious candidate (oddly enough scoffing trump is exactly what the establishment want people to be doing). He's been crushing the polls for several months now, he isn't the flash-in-the-pan candidate everyone thought he was.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doa = dumb on arrival, eg, in the context of you illitereate, unread rightwingnuts

DOA = dead on arrival

and You Lie

Donny T is NOT a serious candidate, even his supporters don't want him to be Pres.

Thread Information