Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes

Although he still kicked ass in the 200 meters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/28/sp...hips.html?_r=0

Avante response and youtube vid in 1, 2, 3......

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Army Black Knights
    I bet avante has all kinds of pictures on his bedroom walls of Usain Bolt and others....prolly has them mounted on his ceiling so he can watch them as he slowly falls asleep....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If he's not on PEDs (prolly is) then it's really impressive what he's doing. Being at the top in his category for so long is almost unheard of, atleast in the last 30 or so years.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Segways are the gayest thing to come along since Kool made it his job to suck every black man's at his local glory holes.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Usain Bolt, is unique in the sprint world. Being 6-5 and tall as a kid the thoughts of him at 100m was....nay too tall. So he ran the 200m and 400m instead. There that 6-5 stride was perfect. And he was a great 200m man, getting away from the 400 (it hurts). So there he is a young guy who spent years building his SE (sprint endurance) which is the key to 100m sprinting. That ability to sustain/maintain a high % of MV (max velocity) is what seperates world class sprinters from fast college guys.

So, in his early 20's (usually starts in grade school) he talks his coach the great Glen Mills into letting him try the 100m. BOOM!!!!!!!!...10.03!!!!!!! Then...BOOM!!!!!!!!!!...9.7, 9.6, 9.5, the guy was a freak of nature.

Bolt is without question THE GOAT when it comes the 100/200m his 9.58/19.19 WR's might never be broken.

I predicted (track sites) 9.78/19.60 for him at these worlds, he ram 9.79/19.56.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What's your opinion on a white guy named Jeremy Wariner? An exception to the rule?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What's your opinion on a white guy named Jeremy Wariner? An exception to the rule?
    Wariner is not an exception to the rule, we see lots of fast white cats at 200m/400m. The reason being they don't need that exposiveness. The white sprinters do have that SE. Wariner was a 200/400 guy while at Baylor.

Blacks do possess a more speed friendly physique than others, especially in the women. But once past 100m, now endurance becomes a major element, here white cats can and do hang.

What we will see is speedy white guys knowing they can't run with the black sprinters being discouraged so they look for that 400.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wariner is not an exception to the rule, we see lots of fast white cats at 200m/400m. The reason being they don't need that exposiveness. The white sprinters do have that SE. Wariner was a 200/400 guy while at Baylor.

Blacks do possess a more speed friendly physique than others, especially in the women. But once past 100m, now endurance become a major element, here white cats can and do hang.
    This kinda makes it interesting for the long tracks like 5/10 km. It's dominated by blacks but only from Africa, whereas the sprints are dominated by blacks from America.

Do you feel it's just a different upbringing or is there more to it? And what about whites in those categories?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This kinda makes it interesting for the long tracks like 5/10 km. It's dominated by blacks but only from Africa, whereas the sprints are dominated by blacks from America.

Do you feel it's just a different upbringing or is there more to it? And what about whites in those categories?
    How many grown men from other countries are 5-6 120 pounds? That's the thing with the Kenyans. Little guys, meaning they have no mass to haul around. Now add the fact running is a cultural affair more so there than anywhere else.

Those with roots to western Africa like the Caribbean, South America and the USA possess the best physiques for sprinting, sort of like the size of Samoans, the lack of size with the Kenyans. It's all about a body tailor made for sprinting.

Take tiny Trinidad for an example, that island has given the sprint world a half dozen sub10.00 sprinters, all of China, just one and that happened this season. Ya see the Chinese simply don't have a sprint physique while Trini's do.

I do see culture playing some part in Kenyan long distance success but when it comes to sprinting, nope!

This kid was one of the nations top HS sprinters.

Last edited by Avante; 08-28-2015 at 01:23 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The best pure modern day athlete on a track has yet to be seen.

That will be the guy who wins gold in both the 400m and the 800m.
    These two races use such different muscle physiology that if we ever see a guy win gold in both he will be extraordinary. Or there will be a dearth of good 400m and 800 m runners. I don't think we see this freak ever in modern day track. If we do, bow, God has visited the Earth.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    People are calling for Bolt to race Farah (from GB) At 600m. Neither are the best in the world at this distance. So why?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

East Africans and North African people are much smaller on the whole than West Africans. Africa has very different geographic variants, from very tall Bantu tribesmen, to tiny African Pygmies. It's a huge continent that has a huge human diversity. People focus only on skin and fail to see so many features that are so different.

Add to that popularity of making a little money and high al ude in the East, and you got some great distance men. The vast Majority of slaves came from the larger West African people.

So basically I see I have agreed with Avante, which is rare.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Another FCKN HANDOFF and we lose the men's 4 x 100

Unfknbelievable, we could have won that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    East Africans and North African people are much smaller on the whole than West Africans. Africa has very different geographic variants, from very tall Bantu tribesmen, to tiny African Pygmies. It's a huge continent that has a huge human diversity. People focus only on skin and fail to see so many features that are so different.

Add to that popularity of making a little money and high al ude in the East, and you got some great distance men. The vast Majority of slaves came from the larger West African people.

So basically I see I have agreed with Avante, which is rare.
    Oh, I agree with him also, I don't have much knowledge on these sort of things and Avante knows a lot about it so just wanted to pick his brain a bit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Oh, I agree with him also, I don't have much knowledge on these sort of things and Avante knows a lot about it so just wanted to pick his brain a bit.
    Yes he memorizes lists.

I dont expect him to understand the underlying assertions I made in post # 10.
    But maybe he surprises me.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Another FCKN HANDOFF and we lose the men's 4 x 100

Unfknbelievable, we could have won that.
    Bolt is a monster on a 4x1 anchor, Michael Rodgers is not. I do have my doubts Rodgers could have held the big man off. BUT...we ran the wrong line up. Trayvon Bromell who tied for the bronze should have anchored with Rodgers on the leadoff where he excells.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yes he memorizes lists.

I dont expect him to understand the underlying assertions I made in post # 10.
    But maybe he surprises me.
    Boy that is complex, hmmmm? We see a lot of diversity in Africa when it comes to body size.....close?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Boy that is complex, hmmmm? We see a lot of diversity in Africa when it comes to body size.....close?
    Post #10 pencil head.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The best pure modern day athlete on a track has yet to be seen.

That will be the guy who wins gold in both the 400m and the 800m.
    These two races use such different muscle physiology that if we ever see a guy win gold in both he will be extraordinary. Or there will be a dearth of good 400m and 800 m runners. I don't think we see this freak ever in modern day track. If we do, bow, God has visited the Earth.
    Would you believe the American record in the ...

50, 100, 200, 400, 800 and mile were all held by one guy?

And we have seen an Olympic gold medalist in both the 400/800.

http://trackfield.brinkster.net/Prof...&EventCode=MA3

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Check out the anchor leg.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Would you believe the American record in the ...

50, 100, 200, 400, 800 and mile were all held by one guy?

And we have seen an Olympic gold medalist in both the 400/800.

http://trackfield.brinkster.net/Prof...&EventCode=MA3
    Did you miss the words MODERN DAY meaning huge level of participation AND specialization?
    Oh, the 1970s are like yesterday for you so I guess I failed to take in perspective.

So I repeat, when this guy comes along in today's track world he will be the greatest runner.
    What do you say about the physiology it would take to win both these events at the WC level or Olymic level assuming full participation (no boycotts etc...)

Thoughts on physiology required Avante? I want you to use your own track brain instead of posting a list.
    Last edited by pgardn; 08-30-2015 at 12:40 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did you miss the words MODERN DAY meaning huge level of participation AND specialization?
    Oh, the 1970s are like yesterday for you so I guess I failed to take in perspective.

So I repeat, when this guy comes along in today's track world he will be the greatest runner.
    What do you say about the physiology it would take to win both these events at the WC level or Olymic level assuming full participation (no boycotts etc...)

Thoughts on physiology required Avante? I want you to use your own track brain instead of posting a list.
    And I want you to learn how to spell...Olympics...ok?

Now, how come we could see that great 400/800 runner in Jamaican Arthur Wint in the 40's/50's and Juantorena in the 70's and not see one today? What has changed, now think? I'll wait for you're response.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    And I want you to learn how to spell...Olympics...ok?

Now, how come we could see that great 400/800 runner in Jamaican Arthur Wint in the 40's/50's and Juantorena in the 70's and not see one today? What has changed, now think? I'll wait for you're response.
    Did you read my post?

What has changed...
    Read the first sentence of post #22 old man.

And I await your discussion on the physiology of the human body that would make this feat remarkable.
    Remember, when you are interested in something you know EVERYTHING about it. So the board awaits your response.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Two whiteys and a chinaman in the high jump final. Spin this , Avante.

Thread Information