Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In your opinion who do you think he would compare to? I Can only think of Lebron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In your opinion who do you think he would compare to? I Can only think of Lebron
    In his prime DROB was always the fastest on the team. He would frequently get steals by catching up to guards in transition. As far as a combination of size and athleticism probably only LeBron compares. Unfortunately, it took a while to figure out how to use it. He was too thin in the trunk and legs to be a great post player (he had lIke a 28 inch waist). John lucas was the one who pulled in out of the post so he could use his height and speed. Pop utilized even his diminished ability as a help defender.
    Was so happy that he got two rings after his prime was underutilized and under supprted.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Franciso Elson

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Anthony Davis is the second coming of David Robinson. Not close to David's level yet, but he's getting there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steven adams

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tarik Black

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only AD comes close

D-Rob was a freak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one as far as height and speed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure what you're asking. Robinson was very fast - for any sized player. He was not a lumbering big dude like Ewing or big fast guy like Deandre Jordan. In his prime, DRob ran the floor with the speed and agility of a guard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In his prime DROB was always the fastest on the team. He would frequently get steals by catching up to guards in transition. As far as a combination of size and athleticism probably only LeBron compares. Unfortunately, it took a while to figure out how to use it. He was too thin in the trunk and legs to be a great post player (he had lIke a 28 inch waist). John lucas was the one who pulled in out of the post so he could use his height and speed. Pop utilized even his diminished ability as a help defender.
    Was so happy that he got two rings after his prime was underutilized and under supprted.
    No.

33 inch waist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson was the defensive presence of DeAndre Jordan but the offensive talent of Anthony Davis.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serge Ibaka, maybe a taller Durant with defensive awareness

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mash up prime Amare on offense with prime DHo or DeAndre on defense. That would begin to approximate a prime Admiral.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson was the defensive presence of DeAndre Jordan but the offensive talent of Anthony Davis.
    What a ty post. DRob's defense was miles, miles better than DeAndre's. DRob's in contention for GOAT defender while DeAndre isn't even a top ten defensive big in his own era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's still really small for a 7-1 guy. I have a 33 waist, and I'm 5-11.

Then again, I'm also not an all-world athlete.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None. The 7 footers in the league all suck. The 90s were the era of the big man. Now the bigs are unskilled and average athletically. There's a reason that a 39 year old Duncan is in the conversation for best big man in the game right now. If he was 38 year old Duncan playing against prime Robinson, Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing, Mourning, Mutumbo, Smits, etc, he'd be looking like he needed to retire. But the crap they have now, he's eating them for breakfast.

And I'm not knocking Tim's greatness. He's damn good. But most NBA bigs can't make a decent pass out of a double team. Duncan can play with most of the bigs until he's 50.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robs speed is what caught my attention, as a 9 year old(1990). Couldn't believe a guy his size was the fastest on the court. I've been watching the Spurs ever since.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a ty post. DRob's defense was miles, miles better than DeAndre's. DRob's in contention for GOAT defender while DeAndre isn't even a top ten defensive big in his own era.
    Blow me. He asked for modern day comparisons, he's the closest defensively there is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And still none of them is as good/fast dribbling coast to coast and finishing with a dunk as Robinson was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis/Dwight Howard hybrid

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff ayres but able to catch a basketball. That's the difference between the hall of fame and being a bench warmer: skills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DRob played in an era of truly great bigs and even then none compared to him in terms of speed & athleticism. There are no bigs or combination of bigs that can compare to him in todays NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blow me. He asked for modern day comparisons, he's the closest defensively there is.
    Coming from the moron that said Ayres is a "bigger better Malik Rose"

And he is nowhere close to DRob defensively. Only a re that blindly regurgitates bad ESPN takes would believe any of the defensive hype attached to DeAndre Jordan's name.

Thread Information