Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    List of 2nd tier wing players who weren't lethal shooters that averaged 20 ppg (or close to it) on a playoff team in the past 10 years:

Shawn Marion
    Caron Butler
    Little Richard
    Josh Howard
    Captain Jack
    Derozan
    Larry Hughes
    Jimmy Butler
    Deng

None of them strike me as superior offensive talents than 2015 Kawhi.

Artest/Wallace/Maggette averaged 20 ppg as the main option on mediocre teams & neither of them had Kawhi offensive arsenal (Artest was also a ground bound player).

IMO, offensively Kawhi is where Josh Howard was in his 4th/5th season when he was the 2nd option next to Dirk while playing on a contender. Kawhi is more athletic/stronger than Howard who was primarily a mid range shooter, once Kawhi learns how to get to the line he is going to make a Jimmy Butler like leap offensively & should have no trouble getting 20 a night on a consistent basis. I'll be damned if Kawhi doesn't surpass Little Richard's best scoring season in the next 4 seasons.

Iggy is the one guy that will never break 20 despite his talent because he's a pass first guy & happens to be a reluctant scorer w/ a shaky jumper.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 09-01-2015 at 04:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Artest/Wallace/Maggette averaged 20 ppg as the main option on mediocre teams & neither of them had Kawhi offensive arsenal (Artest was also a ground bound player).
    Exactly.
    I want to see Kaw follow in Tims footsteps.
    Phuck the media wards and instead acquire multiple legit Championships.

Was kinda disappointed when he said he wanted to be MVP. You'd never hear that chit coming out of Tims mouth.

That is for self absorbed punk types ala Kobe, other modern day punks.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    If spurs had drafted jimmy buckets and kept george hill... you'd be talking threepeat

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Games 5-7 vs. Clips: 13-44 FG, 0 Stls

What he does regular season won't matter much if he doesn't show up for the big games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Tony Porkers fault

Nuttin' in these bitches philldafunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to figure out how that MVP is gonna play out. Hopefully he comes out and blows the roof off the arena.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PPG fans smh

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What he does regular season won't matter much if he doesn't show up for the big games.
    jimmer mormon got.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

System player gonna system player. I mean of course he goes after meaningless regular season awards. No one really give a about MVP Awards or all star game appearance.

Oh oh he won't even play in the beginning of the season. The usually injury excuse for baby Barnes. Pink eye, knee Hurting because of a ing nail on the court, typical bull excuses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to figure out how that MVP is gonna play out. Hopefully he comes out and blows the roof off the arena.
    It will play out like this. LMAlpha averages 25 a game, Spurs 60+ wins, LMAlpha wins MVP, Kawhi pulls a 04 Kobe bricking every shot and Ft for the Spurs to lose to the ing Cavs.

That SOB. SMH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If spurs had drafted jimmy buckets and kept george hill... you'd be talking threepeat
    thanks for the reminder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi = Championship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth nuke except I don't think we would've needed Hill with Mills and cojo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't average 20. Its not in him to be that type of player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you want him to scale it back on D to put up 20 PPG? A lot of so called great players (Coughs Melo) Play no D, to save their energy..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He absolutely has the ability to average 20 ppg.

I would be pretty surprised this year if he does with the talent the Spurs have and the Spurs offensive system. I think he will be able to put up an ultra efficient 17-18 ppg though. If he can hit 20 ppg within the flow of our offense though great.

Before Kawhi player fans bring up his scoring 20 ppg in the stretch at the end of last year lets not forget we added a guy who scored over 20 ppg last year and was the #1 option on a playoff team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2014 NBA Finals Games 3, 4, and 5 are not big games?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the cares how many points Kawhi averages. Spurs fans wants rings. Go to rotoworld with that and bring that apo9 dude with you. I think he's just some crippled dieing kid laying in a hospital bed trolling this forum on his phone trying to get Kawhi to come give him an autograph before he kicks the bucket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet he's better than all of those players on your list. What's your point?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

That's a typical day in the office for PRIME Kobe/Iverson.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Before Kawhi player fans bring up his scoring 20 ppg in the stretch at the end of last year lets not forget we added a guy who scored over 20 ppg last year and was the #1 option on a playoff team.
    That's exactly what's going to free him up & enable him to play 1-on-1 ala Diaw starting in Gm 3-5 of the 2014 Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly what's going to free him up & enable him to play 1-on-1 ala Diaw starting in Gm 3-5 of the 2014 Finals.
    So you don't think that LMA will take shots from Kawhi? You realize there is only a certain amount of possesions a game correct? Kawhi was already extremely efficient last season. He can only become so much more efficient. His numbers are effected by his usage rate which more than likely won't be as high.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He absolutely has the ability to average 20 ppg.

I would be pretty surprised this year if he does with the talent the Spurs have and the Spurs offensive system. I think he will be able to put up an ultra efficient 17-18 ppg though. If he can hit 20 ppg within the flow of our offense though great.

Agreed

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    So you don't think that LMA will take shots from Kawhi? You realize there is only a certain amount of possesions a game correct? Kawhi was already extremely efficient last season. He can only become so much more efficient. His numbers are effected by his usage rate which more than likely won't be as high.
    Tony is going to get phased out of the offense along w/ Manu/Tim thus Kawhi should get enough touches to average 20 ppg if he starts getting to the line more often. It's not a secret that Kawhi/LMA are going to be the #1/#2 options thus they will get their touches meanwhile Tim/Tony will have to adjust to being role players ala Manu.

Thread Information