Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Murdock Post unsurprisingly dumbed it down to dupe its gullible (angry, old) readers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Women are getting harassed in bathrooms because of anti-transgender hysteria

other women are also getting swept up by anti-trans discrimination, as bathrooms turn into places of harassment for anyone who doesn't conform to rigid views of gender.

a cisgender (non-trans) woman was insulted while in a Walmart bathroom after another woman confused her for a trans woman, apparently because of her short hair. The incident, the woman said, led her to confront the kind of harassment and discrimination that trans people have faced in bathrooms for a long time.

a myth: Multiple investigations have found states and schools that have had legal protections for trans people for years have never linked an instance of sexual assault or harassment in a bathroom to trans-friendly policies.

(The only bathroom harassment historically related to trans people, in fact, seems to be
    harassment and discriminationagainst trans people.)

examples: ...

http://www.vox.com/2016/5/18/1169023...oms-harassment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas A.G.: Transgender women are using girls bathrooms and then ‘switching back next day’ to male

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) said that he is suing the federal government to prevent transgender women from using the bathroom with girls and then “switching back the next day” to become males again.

“My concerns are about the rule of law and about safety for children,”

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/texa...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We also need to separate blacks into their own bathrooms. For their safety.

Three white teenage*boys at Dietrich High School in Idaho*are accused of coaxing*a black, mentally disabled teammate into what he thought was a hug in their locker room, before they held him down and*raped him in the rectum with a coat hanger on Oct. 23, 2015. Now two of the boys are being charged as adults with "forcible sexual penetration by use of a foreign object."*

The boy accused of holding his teammate down will be charged as a juvenile. However, 17-year-old Tanner Ward is accused of forcibly penetrating the victim with the hanger, while 18-year-old*John R. K. Howard allegedly repeatedly kicked the hanger into the victim's rectum, causing physical harm.*

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-hig...739.html?nhp=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We also need to separate blacks into their own bathrooms. For their safety.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-hig...739.html?nhp=1
    WTF???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stacey Dash lashes out in support of N.C. ‘bathroom bill’: Trans people ‘should go in the bushes’

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/stac...in-the-bushes/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    President George Washington was known to put on a lil sum'sum to get that red blush trans look. Would yall redneck inbreds be in favor of kickin' the prez' ass out the mens room lookin like 'Jesus' lookalike Bruce Jenny from thah block kardashian? TBH Grab shim out by his curly wig pantyhose runs and all. Good ol' days.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There's a weird duality at work here. On one hand we codify in loco parentis in schools...children cant vote, drink, serve, or enter into legally binding contracts because they do not possess the wisdom/knowledge/experience to make these decisions. Yet they are given the licence decide they are another gender.
    Seems a little incongruous to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope the parents don't let these kids do anything permanent - kids have been known to change their minds a million times.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The head of Georgia’s ACLU chapter has resigned over President Obama’s directive for schools to let transgender students use the bathroom of their choice, after she said her daughters were frightened by running into three transgender individuals in the women’s bathroom.
    The ACLU has supported the Obama administration’s guidance on transgender bathroom use in public schools — a principle Maya Dillard Smith stands strongly against.

“It became clear that we were principally and philosophically different in opinion,” she toldAtlanta’s NPR station.
    She said she is in the process of educating herself on transgender issues, but claimed there was no room for dialogue at the ACLU.

“It’s through communication that we develop empathy and understanding, and I think that our democracy requires us to allow for exchange of ideas, without people being labeled one thing or another,” Ms. Smith said.
    In a statement obtained by Atlanta Progressive News, she accused the ACLU of being “a special interest organization that promotes not all, but certain progressive rights. In that way, it is a special interest organization not unlike the conservative right, which creates a hierarchy of rights based on who is funding the organization’s lobbying activities.”
    Ms. Smith explained that the last straw for her was when her young daughters ran into three transgender adults in the women’s bathroom.

“I have shared my personal experience of having taken my elementary school age daughters into a women’s restroom when shortly after three transgender young adults over six feet with deep voices entered,” she wrote. “My children were visibly frightened, concerned about their safety and left asking lots of questions for which I, like many parents, was ill-prepared to answer.”
    She said the ACLU’s goal should be to “delicately balance competing rights to ensure that any infringements are narrowly tailored, that they do not create a hierarchy of rights, and that we are mindful of unintended consequences.”
    “Despite additional learning I still have to do, I believe there are solutions that can provide accommodations for transgender people and balance the need to ensure women and girls are safe from those who might have malicious intent,” she said.
    Marsha Zeesman, a spokeswoman for the ACLU, declined to speak with the Atlanta Progressive News on personnel matters. A job announcement seeking Ms. Smith’s replacement has been posted on the organization’s website.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...r-resigns-ove/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a weird duality at work here. On one hand we codify in loco parentis in schools...children cant vote, drink, serve, or enter into legally binding contracts because they do not possess the wisdom/knowledge/experience to make these decisions. Yet they are given the licence decide they are another gender.
    If they get a doctor's note, I think it's a lot less incongruous

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Honest question....a doctor's going to write a note? Has this actually happened?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "decisions" ?

To change gender iden y is not a reasoned, intellectual "decision". It's come from an emotional level, even genetic, and often from childhood where your ing legalities don't even apply.

You're stupidly mixing crude legalities with the deeply personal, emotional, early-life of a transgender.

There's nothing more "wise" than being authentic, true to your "self" rather than conforming to often idiotic, politically driven, hate driven expectations and legalities

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Wow. I havent heard psycho babble like that since the 60's.
    You undestand why society crafts laws pertaining to minors, right? It's often "wise" to not set that cat on fire even though it's "true" to your current level of emotional development.
    I don't have a beef with transgenderism. Its not my current cup of tea, but a child is far from anything resembling a finished product. An adult making that decision, and yes you have to decide to dress and act accordingly regardless of your motivation, seems far more reasoned.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There may be a whole lot of "Get off my lawn!" at work here. I accept that criticism.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I’ll take bathroom selfies in men’s rooms across North Carolina”: This transwoman is challenging the HB2 law in the most badass way

Shakina Nayfack is taking her solo show on the road

http://www.salon.com/2016/06/07/ill_...st_badass_way/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I’ll take bathroom selfies in men’s rooms across North Carolina”: This transwoman is challenging the HB2 law in the most badass way

Shakina Nayfack is taking her solo show on the road

http://www.salon.com/2016/06/07/ill_...st_badass_way/
    Self promotion. She's just trying to put herself in a position to make some money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is one fugly dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honest question....a doctor's going to write a note? Has this actually happened?
    Many school districts had been requiring doctors notes. Apparently Obama squashed that saying all you need is a parent/guardian to give the OK to the school district on the gender swap.

It's better than just letting the kids decide I think, but I'd prefer to see a doctor note myself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would a doctor make a determination? Most doctor visits are like 10 minutes long. Give them a Briggs Myers test?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is this transgender issue going to affect sports? Male athletes could identify as females and join the women's tour? I know Renee Richards did it back in the 70s but he was in his 40s. Iirc, he later said that he wished he had been in his 20s. He would have made a killing then - completely dominated the women's tennis tour.

Thread Information