My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Tech might end up taking the director, one drummer and a few trumpets, just enough to spell Tek

Seriously tho, that's bull .

The University of Texas will charge the Texas Tech marching band, known as the Goin’ Band, for the price of admission when the Red Raiders visit the Longhorns on Nov. 26,*reports*Aaron ens of RedRaiderSports.com.The Texas Tech band will have to pay $100 per member. This game marks the first time that the Texas athletic department has charged the Goin’ Band.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2...band-admission

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Post Count
    Does Tech charge the Texas band? That seems especially stupid if Tech can just do the same thing in return. Though Texas is all about the money, so they might not even bring a band if that were the case. Sad what we've become... UT is a de facto pro franchise at this point, just one without the results on the field.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Does Tech charge the Texas band?
    This issue was brought up by a Tech/Lubbock reporter so I'm guessing he would have mentioned if Tech does the same.

It's not something new to college football, but it's new to UT doing it to Tech.

And $100 a head is ing ridiculous.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Huh...linking some other articles, apparently this goes back to AD Steve Patterson......who Chip Brown went ham on:

.... Sally Lehr, one of 158 members of Texas’ class of 1964 back on campus for their 50th reunion last September, asked athletic director Steve Patterson why he wanted to charge them $25 per person to go stand on the football field at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.Just to relive some memories................

http://www.scout.com/college/texas/s...on-facing-heat
    Sounds like Patterson is a grade A asshole

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I'm gonna assume everyone else's bands are being charged the same ...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Patterson has always been known as an asshole. He will probably be on the way out soon.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sounds like our AD has a real problem.
    Dont, go to dinner with him.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Does Tech charge the Texas band? That seems especially stupid if Tech can just do the same thing in return. Though Texas is all about the money, so they might not even bring a band if that were the case. Sad what we've become... UT is a de facto pro franchise at this point, just one without the results on the field.
    There's been lazy journalism. The 4 Texas schools did all agree to charge each other.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    http://kxan.com/2015/09/11/texas-res...s-at-ut-games/

Over the past few days, there have been several questions and some misinformation regarding the travel of marching bands to football games at Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium and at road games in which we participate.

For non-conference play, we have provided 300 complimentary tickets to both Rice University and the University of California at Berkeley for their marching bands. These tickets are specified in their contracts and have been provided to both ins utions by The University of Texas. We are disappointed that the MOB from Rice University has chosen not to attend, as we were excited to host one of the great traditions of college football. We are excited to host the band from the University of California at Berkeley at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium and will enjoy the pageantry that they will add to our gameday environment.

For Big 12 Conference games, six of the 10 schools in the Big 12 have historically charged visiting schools for both band and fan seats. The four Texas schools had a gentleman’s agreement to simply charge the fans for the tickets and provide complimentary tickets to the marching bands. The change to smaller venues across the conference, such as TCU and Baylor, caused a shift in that agreement.

Last year, when Texas traveled to Lubbock to play Texas Tech, we were charged for and paid full price for all tickets, including the tickets provided to the Longhorn Band. The current policy, clarified and approved by Big 12 business managers this past summer, states all visiting schools pay for all seats they use at full price. Texas did not initiate the discussions on this policy. We are merely following the practice approved by the Big 12 member ins utions.

The Athletics Department at Texas will be paying for the seats for the full Longhorn Band when we travel to Baylor and TCU this year, and at the AT&T Red River Showdown against Oklahoma at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. We will pay full price, again, for our tickets when we return to Lubbock to play Texas Tech in 2016.

We hope that these facts provide clarity to the situation and clear up the misinformation.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    We hope that these facts provide clarity to the situation and clear up the misinformation.
    Well no, not really. I want to know why Tech started charging UT last year and who initiated the conversation.

Thread Information