View Poll Results: Chris Coghlan slide injures Jung Ho Kang. Dirty or clean?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cheap, dirty

1 20.00%
  • clean

3 60.00%
  • a bit of both

0 0%
  • don't care

1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch where Coughlan aims and lands his right foot and leg.
    Very dirty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally clean. If you're sliding into 2nd it's solid baseball to try and block or upend the defender if possible to avoid a double play. Injury was a freak accident on a routine play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nonsense. Watch how far out of his way Coughans right leg is compared with how far away from the bag Pirate s left planted foot/leg is.

Combine that with ass slider has his cleat 8 inches above ground in the air! That's some serious bull .
    He makes contact with s leg half way up his knee.
    You go in cleats down if you're gonna take someone out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a statement released by his agent, Alan Nero, Kang said he does not blame the Chicago Cubs' Chris Coghlan, who collided with Kang while trying to break up a double play.

“It is unfortunate that what would be considered heads-up baseball would cause such a serious injury,” Kang said. “That said, Coghlan was playing the game the way it should be played. I'm confident he meant me no harm. I appreciate everyone's support.”

/thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cubs don't play dirty, ever. Only Cardinals do, on and off the field.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a statement released by his agent, Alan Nero, Kang said he does not blame the Chicago Cubs' Chris Coghlan, who collided with Kang while trying to break up a double play.

“It is unfortunate that what would be considered heads-up baseball would cause such a serious injury,” Kang said. “That said, Coghlan was playing the game the way it should be played. I'm confident he meant me no harm. I appreciate everyone's support.”

/thread
    Agree that it was within the rules and that Kang accepts it and interpets as no ill willed motive on Coughans part.

That having been said: “It is unfortunate that what would be considered heads-up baseball would cause such a serious injury,” Kang said.

^^ this is what i agree with. Lame, greedy MLB makes no attempt to alter such injury causing plays. Well, i guess they did modify the home plate collision rule and that has probably already helped. Need to do the same with these 2B take outs. If fielder is in the basepath, oh well that is on him. But this play? No way. Kang was well removed from the bag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree that it was within the rules and that Kang accepts it and interpets as no ill willed motive on Coughans part.

That having been said: “It is unfortunate that what would be considered heads-up baseball would cause such a serious injury,” Kang said.

^^ this is what i agree with. Lame, greedy MLB makes no attempt to alter such injury causing plays. Well, i guess they did modify the home plate collision rule and that has probably already helped. Need to do the same with these 2B take outs. If fielder is in the basepath, oh well that is on him. But this play? No way. Kang was well removed from the bag.
    I'm with ya, because it is in essence, a dirty move. I think it is something they will look at during the offseason just like when league darling Buster Posey got injured on a collision at home plate. They are caught between preserving the "integrity" of the game, that old-school hard nosed mentality or keeping these kids safe.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    It was definitely cheap. Should have taken one to the earhole.

Thread Information