My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a direct contradiction to what Konami CEO said a few months ago..But Konami contradicts themselves every year anyway.

They probably had to say they were still planning on making MGS games so people would buy MGSV..

Konami loves to lie.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Konami will be extinct in about 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Konami will be extinct in about 3 years.
    nah, they make more money now than ever.

Maybe they will lose their gaming business, but that's not even a huge part of their business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    R.I.P Konami

Haven't had a AAA le since Turtles in Time anyway

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, they make more money now than ever.

Maybe they will lose their gaming business, but that's not even a huge part of their business.
    Sorry, but you cant survive on chump change alone. (Mobile games) And to top it off, they are burning all their bridges with their customers and employees.

So who is it you think will buy these mobile games? Or who is going to want to work for a totalitarianism company?

You know who else left the company as of a few days ago? Their technology director.

I dont know how accurate the revenue posted online is but it has been down since this all started. I doubt they'll ever turn it around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, but you cant survive on chump change alone. (Mobile games) And to top it off, they are burning all their bridges with their customers and employees.

So who is it you think will buy these mobile games? Or who is going to want to work for a totalitarianism company?

You know who else left the company as of a few days ago? Their technology director.

I dont know how accurate the revenue posted online is but it has been down since this all started. I doubt they'll ever turn it around.
    dude they make billions of dollars in Gambling, Properties, and Fitness related products ..That's their main business.

Mobile games would be a very small part of their business.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude they make billions of dollars in Gambling, Properties, and Fitness related products ..That's their main business.

Mobile games would be a very small part of their business.
    I never heard about that.

If that's where their money come from then what are they doing in gaming at all?

I'm saying they are done in gaming. No one is going to buy their gaming products.

The other stuff you are talking about, is an entire different story.

The Konami we know though is pretty much dead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never heard about that.

If that's where their money come from then what are they doing in gaming at all?

I'm saying they are done in gaming. No one is going to buy their gaming products.

The other stuff you are talking about, is an entire different story.

The Konami we know though is pretty much dead.
    Konami started off as a gaming company but later diversified. Their biggest money maker are slot machines...

Video gaming was still huge early 00, but around 05, they started dropping one tle from another...it was a slow exit from video gaming tbh.

Bottom line, they just didn't think they'd make money with triple A games anymore..And that's when they were still making money from triple A games. In other words. they predicted the Console department will be a sub par market...They're not entirely incorrect.

Thread Information