Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Derrick Henry might be better.
    Henry is too limited, he's not going to all the things that Fournette can do. But, inside the redzone yep, I'd take Henry.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...recedented-run

Leonard Fournette
    First player in SEC history to rush for 200+ yards for 3 straight games
    Leading rusher in the Nation

Even with one less game than everybody else

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Les Miles has a responsibility to Leonard Fournette to protect him, Leonard comes across as a guy that would rush the ball 30 times a game if he could. It is up to Les to protect his future, by limiting him. I watched Earl in his last year at Texas and every year in the NFL take a crazy amount of punishment. I talked to Earl back in 2009 at an autograph signing Sports Illustrated was putting on at DKR and he was punchy. Like his brain was turned to mush.

I don't want to see that happen to Fournette, he needs to get his money and get out of the sport as fast as possible.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Les Miles has a responsibility to Leonard Fournette to protect him, Leonard comes across as a guy that would rush the ball 30 times a game if he could. It is up to Les to protect his future, by limiting him. I watched Earl in his last year at Texas and every year in the NFL take a crazy amount of punishment. I talked to Earl back in 2009 at an autograph signing Sports Illustrated was putting on at DKR and he was punchy. Like his brain was turned to mush.

I don't want to see that happen to Fournette, he needs to get his money and get out of the sport as fast as possible.
    That's ridiculous. If Les needs him to rush 40 times to get the win so be it.

If he's worried about his mind turning to mush, he needs to quit football.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There is a list a mile long of guys who are dead now because of the damage football did to their brain and body.

Your damn right he needs to be concerned just like a baseball manager should be concerned about his Ace pitchers arm.

Nobody has to play football. I love the game and couldn't care less about injury, it! I played my last tackle game in pads at 42 in a HS alumni game. If I got hurt, it!

If you play the game you know what can happen. It's on you and nobody else. Once you join a team you are saying you don't care about getting hurt, if it happened it happens. That is part of it.

Coachs can't be worried about it other than not playing guys until they are over an injury, but that's it. Sure sure you might wanna take guys out with a big lead, but that's it.

No coach should be trying to protect players other than what I mentioned.

At no time should the NFL have to do with what a college coach has his players doing.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There is a list a mile long of guys who are dead now because of the damage football did to their brain and body.

Your damn right he needs to be concerned just like a baseball manager should be concerned about his Ace pitchers arm.
    Running backs in the NFL are fodder. They have to know this. One has to be a willing gladiator to play this game on a high level. The kid at SF who played linebacker and had a bright future flat out quit.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Well the manager is worried about the ace pitcher's arm as it affects his ability to win games.

If he's that worried about the quality of life for his player after the sport is over, he shouldn't even play him at all.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    LSU has enough depth at RB that we should never have to see a 35+ carry game out of Fournette. He split carries with 2 senior backs and a freshman last year. Miles just rolls em out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LSU has enough depth at RB that we should never have to see a 35+ carry game out of Fournette. He split carries with 2 senior backs and a freshman last year. Miles just rolls em out.
    I'm not a fan of Les Miles, but he is a master at picking assistant coaches. LSU has some of the best assistants in the business. About the only guy I don't like is your OC, the rest are each some of the best in the business.

I'm kinda envious.

Once upon a time....

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Once upon a time....

Once upon a time there was a great running back who ran over linebackers weighing 190 lbs...

This man beat women, reformed, beat people, reformed, and became admired by a 42 year old fat man padding it up for the love of the game.

Ok little guy, ok. This cat wore a knit cap.

Once upon a time there was a great running back who ran over linebackers weighing 190 lbs...

This man beat women, reformed, beat people, reformed, and became admired by a 42 year old fat man padding it up for the love of the game.

Ok little guy, ok. This cat wore a knit cap.
    Linebackers weighing 190 pounds?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Linebackers weighing 190 pounds?
    Back when Jim Brown played, yes.

in the 70's Jack Lambert played at 228 lbs, Tom Jackson played at 220 lbs. Mike Webster was a 250 lb center for the Steelers. Mean Joe Green was a stout 275 lbs. And I'm pretty sure those numbers were inflated. I pulled them off of old trading cards I have.

Back when Jim Brown played, yes.

in the 70's Jack Lambert played at 228 lbs, Tom Jackson played at 220 lbs. Mike Webster was a 250 lb center for the Steelers. Mean Joe Green was a stout 275 lbs. And I'm pretty sure those numbers were inflated. I pulled them off of old trading cards I have.
    Give me the name of one linebacker in Browns day who was a 190 pounder.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Did Jim Brown every play against his own team? Why the Browns? Why not the teams he played against?

Did Jim Brown every play against his own team? Why the Browns? Why not the teams he played against?
    I'm curious about just who were these 190 pound NFL linebackers, I thought you knew?

Sure, way way back when everyone was smaller but in Jim Browns day I don't recall any backers that size. Saw Brown play a ton of times.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan of Les Miles, but he is a master at picking assistant coaches. LSU has some of the best assistants in the business. About the only guy I don't like is your OC, the rest are each some of the best in the business.

I'm kinda envious.
    We've had crappy OC's ever since Jimbo took the FSU job. But yeah, otherwise Miles sure knows how to hire a staff. Frank Wilson, Corey Raymond, Ed Orgeron - all outstanding position coaches and ace recruiters. I'm not sold on our new DC yet, and I'm willing to give Cameron the benefit of the doubt as long as Brandon Harris develops properly under his tutelage. I actually like some of the things I've seen from our offense this year. The execution just isn't quite there yet.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Good piece on potential legal ramifications of LF betting able to auction off his jersey for South Carolina flood victims

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...south-carolina

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Good piece on potential legal ramifications of LF betting able to auction off his jersey for South Carolina flood victims

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...south-carolina
    Freakin awesome....nice find.

Leonard Fournette
    NCAA

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    Hope he didn't piss them off. He'd better not so much as take an extra pack of honey mus with his McDonald's chicken nuggets.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    Derrick Henry might be better.
    Bam

Put Henry on LSU and Fournette on Bama and we would have seen the exact opposite.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    The Heisman isn't his to lose anymore. He will have to carry LSU to victory the next 3 games to have a shot.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No Fckn way.

Just NO way.

Thread Information