My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Best RB in College Football

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    I'm just leaving campus. The heat was unbearable at the game but watching Fournette was worth it. I haven't seen a college player this good in a very long time. He's special.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He is very very good. Peterson type back. Heisman waiting for him.

Auburn however, cannot tackle worth a .
    They are really bad.

The Ohio St. kid is not close to the Fournette level.
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-19-2015 at 10:39 PM.

My Team
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Fournette is special. Pleasure to watch.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count

The offensive line is opening some mack truck sized holes for him. Hope they keep it up.

My Team
    Post Count

The offensive line is opening some mack truck sized holes for him. Hope they keep it up.
    If you guys get ANY kind of a passing game going...it's going to be scary for the rest of the West.

My Team
    Post Count
    26 rushes, 244 yards, 2 TD, an 88 yarder called back for illegal formation

His speed/power combo right there with Walker, Jackson and Dupree. While not as fast as those three he does appear to be a bit more elusive.

Next up Eastern Michigan, here he could gain 300 but I'd get him his 100 to keep his Heisman chances alive (could have that about the half) then rest him.

Up until now the greatest season ever seen by an LSU back was way back in the day and Billy Cannon who you would win the Heisman. Would you believe that white cat was actually faster than Fournette?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIHdlAg4Uic

Cannon played both ways. Ran a 9.5 on the track team, the WR was 9.3 in his day.

The most powerful back I've ever seen was Mack "The Truck" Lee Hill, out of Southern U. As a KC Chief he averaged over 5 yards a carry between the tackles. He ran as if the defense had said something about his mama. He hated to go down, fought for every yard.

A knee injury stopped him, and, he died on the operating table.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-27-2015 at 08:28 AM.

My Team
    Post Count
    Can you still believe that to this very day Ole Miss fans despise the thought of Billy Cannon? That one punt return still cuts deep for Ole Miss fans 55+ years later.

My brother and his friends are huge Ole Miss fans...they cuss out Billy Cannon every time his name is mentioned.

Can you still believe that to this very day Ole Miss fans despise the thought of Billy Cannon? That one punt return still cuts deep for Ole Miss fans 55+ years later.

My brother and his friends are huge Ole Miss fans...they cuss out Billy Cannon every time his name is mentioned.
    No more passionate fans in the country than in the south. Yep, I see that with any long time Ole Miss fan.

While he didn't tear the pros up he did lead the old AFL in rushing one season. Ended up playing TE.

My Team
    Post Count
    I'm just leaving campus. The heat was unbearable at the game but watching Fournette was worth it. I haven't seen a college player this good in a very long time. He's special.
    What's this crap I'm hearing today about Fournette bypassing next year to save himself for the pros?

You hear this today also?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What's this crap I'm hearing today about Fournette bypassing next year to save himself for the pros?

So what's he going to do? Sit a whole year out?

My Team
    Post Count
    So what's he going to do? Sit a whole year out?
    Let me clarify...Fournette didn't say this....and I don't know who first put it out there. But, Fournette had to came out today and say that he "wouldn't jump ship" and leave the team and plans to play next year.

Then I heard them comparing him to Clowney and how his draft stock could fall if he got injured or didn't play well. Which made no sense to me. (morons on the radio tbh....Clowney's draft stock didn't fall....he went #1 overall)

Basically, I think it's just another attempt to bring up the College Football Players should be paid or allowed to leave early debate.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Let me clarify...Fournette didn't say this....and I don't know who first put it out there. But, Fournette had to came out today and say that he "wouldn't jump ship" and leave the team and plans to play next year.

Then I heard them comparing him to Clowney and how his draft stock could fall if he got injured or didn't play well. Which made no sense to me. (morons on the radio tbh....Clowney's draft stock didn't fall....he went #1 overall)

Basically, I think it's just another attempt to bring up the College Football Players should be paid or allowed to leave early debate.
    I heard this was suggested to him and he said no way because he would not do this to his teammates at LSU and he thinks any pro team who did take him if he pulled this stunt would surely question his love for just playing the game. Then he went on about how much he does love football and could not bear sitting out even if injured.

My Team
    Post Count
    I heard this was suggested to him and he said no way because he would not do this to his teammates at LSU and he thinks any pro team who did take him if he pulled this stunt would surely question his love for just playing the game. Then he went on about how much he does love football and could not bear sitting out even if injured.
    I just needed to clarify that Fournette didn't say he wasn't going to play next year.

Yeah, that's basically what I heard also. But, who are these people suggesting it to him?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I just needed to clarify that Fournette didn't say he wasn't going to play next year.

Yeah, that's basically what I heard also. But, who are these people suggesting it to him?
    I can guess.

The fact he has to refute it means something is up.

Wannabe friend/agents... I don't know. Lotta people start to hang on the coattails of a guy this good.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The problem for him, though, is that because of an NFL rule, Fournette has to wait until after the 2017 season (his third year of NCAA eligibility) to declare for the NFL draft. Fournette is on pace to have one of the best seasons in NCAA history and, as Brandt said, "is ready to play."At the moment, Fournette's draft stock is already extremely high, but it could still grow this season.*Michael Weinreb posited the following hypothetical at Vice Sports: Imagine that this season Fournette wins the Heisman Trophy, breaks the all-time rushing records, and carries LSU to a national championship. His draft stock almost certainly couldn't grow any higher, and he'd have nothing left to prove at the college level.

But with one more year before he can declare for the draft, should he sit out the year to protect himself and his value?

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio wrote*that he thought Fournette should "definitely" take next season off unless the NFL changes its policies (which it won't) or the NCAA starts paying its players for their talents (which it won't). After all, the possibility of an injury could cost Fournette millions of dollars.

The situation calls to mind the No. 1 draft pick in 2013, Jadeveon Clowney, who many thought should sit out the season for the same reasons as Fournette. Clowney ended up playing, but he was frequently double- and triple-teamed, and many speculated that he didn't exert himself fully to protect himself from injury. Given Fournette's position and the fact that he's a workhorse back, another year with a ton of carries will also probably affect his legs in the long-term.As Weinreb wrote, the NFL's three-year rule can be interpreted as an effort to preserve NCAA football and keep it as its own en y. The one-and-done rule in basketball has changed the landscape of college basketball, but it's hard to compare the leap from college to the pros in the two sports simply because the NFL is far more physical.

By and large, three years is the right amount of time for college football players to grow physically and ready themselves for the pros. But there ought to be an exception — let's call it the Clowney Rule — that allows the special cases, the athletic freaks like Fournette, to enter the NFL after two years.

Fans will call Fournette selfish if he doesn't play next season, and so he probably will. But here's another hypothetical: Imagine he tears his ACL on the first play of scrimmage and never makes the pros.*This happened to Marcus Lattimore just a few years ago.

Who, then, would be to blame, other than the NCAA for not paying its players, and the NFL for its archaic rule?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count

Media created counterproductive gossip.

I'm all for these NCAA guys having to have a degree to play in the NFL. Definately against these guys getting a scholarship then bailing on the school. Without that school giving them a platform to showcase their talents there would be no NFL contract.(99.9% of the time) And, education does come first.

It is too early to ...OH MY GOD LEONARD FOURNETTE!!!!!!....we need to see how he handles a season as "Da Man". Having seen O.J., Walker, Bo and Dupree at the NCAA level, I see no reason to not see him on that level, just not right now. I don't think he has the straight line speed those guys had but other than O.J. he does have more wiggle.

It doesn't matter how many NCAA carries he has or doesn't have, if he's healthy coming out of the NCAA in a few years from now (if he's what he appears to be) he will be the first RB taken in the draft.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-01-2015 at 11:43 AM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I'm all for these NCAA guys having to have a degree to play in the NFL.
    You're such a clueless old .

As this continues to follow me around, sheesh~~~~~

What big paying job doesn't expect credentials? Why should "team" sports be any different?

Athletes know the importance of getting an education and the sport gets an educated guy. If that isn't a win win what is?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    As this continues to follow me around, sheesh~~~~~

What big paying job doesn't expect credentials? Why should "team" sports be any different?
    Because running a fortune 500 company and running with a brown piece of leather are exactly the same thing.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    Derrick Henry might be better.

Thread Information