Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carly Fiorina’s Medieval History Degree Will Help Her Beat ISIS, Crush Albigensian Heresy

Replying to a military member’s question about her foreign policy qualifications at a town hall event in Windham, Fiorina detailed why she is totally ready to take on the self-proclaimed Islamic State:

“Finally my degree in medieval history and philosophy has come in handy,” Fiorina said Sunday night, “because what ISIS wants to do is drive us back to the Middle Ages, literally.”

She offered some tough talk about being tough and working with allies in the Middle East, said that she’d help Turkey establish a “no-fly zone” along its border with Turkey (without getting into the ugly details about how that could be complicated by the arrival of Russian fighter-bombers), and called ISIS “an evil that must be defeated.” But what was that about her medieval history degree again?

Fiorina listed off a number of brutal techniques that ISIS is using that were common in medieval times and said it is not an exaggeration to say that the group is operating under a mentality based in the Middle Ages.

“Every single one of the techniques that ISIS is using, the crucifixion, the beheadings, the burning alive, those were commonly used techniques in the Middle Ages,” Fiorina told reporters during a media availability, “so we can’t avert our eyes and pretend it’s an exaggeration that ISIS wants to take its territory back to the Middle Ages but that is in truth what they want to do and are attempting to do.”

We’re not sure how carefully she thought through that comparison, though. So what she’s saying is that ISIS is behaving like a bunch of feudal Christians?

As far as any practical strategic insights her education may have equipped her with for dealing with the Islamic extremist group, Fiorina was considerably more vague.

It wasn’t clear whether she was advocating a Crusade,

bringing back the Inquisition (they wouldn’t be expecting that — no one ever does), or

perhaps hoping that the adoption of craftsmen’s guilds and

establishment of trade routes would create economic expansion that would leave ISIS without a cons uency.

http://wonkette.com/594632/carly-fio...gensian-heresy

The Repug KLOWN KAR, fantastic entertainment!

"
    degree in medieval history and philosophy" before or after she was secretary?

I wonder if she used these secretarial techniques to become CEO:
    http://www.imdb.com/ le/tt0274812/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That degree really explains her decision making over the years.. for the worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Léo Apotheker May Have Been Worse H.P. Chief Than Carly Fiorina

Jeffrey A. Sonnenfeld, a professor at the Yale School of Management, has memorably called the rising Republican presidential star Carly Fiorinaone of the worst technology C.E.O.s in history.”

But he didn’t call her the worst technology chief executive in history. In fairness to Ms. Fiorina, she may not even be the worst chief executive ofHewlett-Packard.

A contender for that dubious distinction would surely be Léo Apotheker.

During their tenures at H.P., both Ms. Fiorina and Mr. Apotheker presided over what were hailed as transformative acquisitions:

Compaq, the personal computer company that merged with H.P. in a $25 billion stock swap under Ms. Fiorina in 2001, and

Autonomy, a British software concern that H.P. bought for $11 billion under Mr. Apotheker in 2011.

They were transformative, all right, though hardly in the way their proponents intended.

H.P.’s stock price fell by more than half during Ms. Fiorina’s six-year tenure and

by roughly 50 percent in just the year Mr. Apotheker was chief executive.

The board forced both Ms. Fiorina and Mr. Apotheker to resign.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/09/bu...s&emc=rss&_r=0

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That degree really explains her decision making over the years.. for the worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She didn't do herself any favors tonight. Same strong soundbites. Should Also have gone with clear nail polish.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carly Fiorina Accused Of Crashing Kids’ Field Trip And Ushering Them To Anti-Abortion Rally

Carly Fiorina’s latest campaign stop in Iowa has upset some Des Moines-area parents, who say the GOP presidential candidate “ambushed” a group of kids on a preschool field trip — and led them to an anti-abortion rally.

On Wednesday morning, Fiorina attended the Iowa Right to Life Presidential Forum, where she emphasized her support for defunding Planned Parenthood and passing a national abortion ban.

The anti-abortion event was held at the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden. At the same time, a group of preschoolers was also visiting the botanical garden for a field trip.

According to the Des Moines Register, Fiorina “headed straight for a group of giggling 4- and 5-year-olds” when she first arrived at the botanical garden. She reportedly ushered them toward the makeshift stage set up for the anti-abortion event — which featured a large poster of a fetus — without asking permission for the children to sit with her.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...tion-children/

goddam, I swear rightwingnuts es are nastier, crazier than rightwingnut bas s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beau, she is not even relevant. Why post this?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CarLIE's irrelevancy is irrelevant.

She's polling the same Paul and Kasich, so she's got 100Ks, Ms? of supporters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what? Kim Kardashian has million of supporters too. Don't care. Carly's campaign is kaput...

She'll pull out of the race soon once she realizes no one is going to give her the VP spot... although that will probably still take longer than it should considering her ego.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fiorina: 'If My Husband Did What Bill Clinton Did, I Would Have Left Him'

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...+%28TPMNews%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fiorina: 'If My Husband Did What Bill Clinton Did, I Would Have Left Him'

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...+%28TPMNews%29

lol most self respecting women would

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any self-respecting PERSON wouldn't egregiously, repeatedly LIE like piece-of- CarLIE does, and then double-down on her LIES.

Since when is it CarLIE's, or anybody's, business what goes on within someone else's marriage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could we please have the tapes surface of Fiorina with farm animals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any self-respecting PERSON wouldn't egregiously, repeatedly LIE like piece-of- CarLIE does, and then double-down on her LIES.

Since when is it CarLIE's, or anybody's, business what goes on within someone else's marriage.
    That has nothing to do with the quote you posted. But omgz u said carlie instead of carly, ur such a difference making activist. And you put lie in caps

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its all about forgiving.

Hillary is now closer to Christ AND keeps a guy who is a master politician.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That has nothing to do with the quote you posted. But omgz u said carlie instead of carly, ur such a difference making activist. And you put lie in caps
    I was responding to your silly quote, not my post, if you had seen my use of your phrase.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information