Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't get why we don't run McFadden as our bell cow. He's built similarly to Murray and doesn't have the recent wear and tear that Murray has. Randle is too small to be a primary RB.

Also, lol at the Redskins competing in the division. Their quarterbacks are worse than Weeden and their defense is still trash.
    I wasn't a fan of the idea before the season started, but based on the limited sample size I'd have to say I have seen enough of McFadden and the others to know that McFadden should be getting the majority of the designed runs.. Randle and Dunbar are both better on the short pass, and Dunbar is starting to show he can run some farther routes too.

We need to draft a top RB in the second round next year for sure.

McFadden did little after contact compared to Randle through most of the game.
    I agree, Randle doesn't go down easily despite his size. He's got surprising strength, but I'd still rather see what McFadden can do w/ more focus. Randle doesn't hit the hole fast enough from what I've seen and I think he'd be better as a passing threat and change of pace back.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I wasn't a fan of the idea before the season started, but based on the limited sample size I'd have to say I have seen enough of McFadden and the others to know that McFadden should be getting the majority of the designed runs.. Randle and Dunbar are both better on the short pass, and Dunbar is starting to show he can run some farther routes too.

We need to draft a top RB in the second round next year for sure.

I agree, Randle doesn't go down easily despite his size. He's got surprising strength, but I'd still rather see what McFadden can do w/ more focus. Randle doesn't hit the hole fast enough from what I've seen and I think he'd be better as a passing threat and change of pace back.
    F next year man, it's all about winning this year. Firstly, a bunch of our guys come off the books at the end of the year, and secondly I'll probably be in a different state working a full time job & will be unable to care about football. Now is the time.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Great take, got

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Hey, I'm with you on Manu > Porker. So there's that.

GSG. 6.

?(let's not act like the cowboys can't still win the division at 9-7 or 10-6 even if they start 2-3, the iggles just lost to the redskins)

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah what a blessing.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    blessing in disguise

Post Count
    I was shocked at how many people, even pundits, dismissed the injuries like no big deal because the o-line is good. They have no talent at the skill positions without Dez. It's crazy. Their RB's aren't that good, their 2nd+ WRs aren't very good and the defense while solid still needs work.

People who thought they could just shrug this off are nuts to me. They play hard, but man talent is a big deal.

Injury card is for pussies and assholes,,,,,

Post Count
    What's crazy to me is JG seems to hate Randle . He's the most goofy soft coach ever yet he has no problem letting Randle have it.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I was shocked at how many people, even pundits, dismissed the injuries like no big deal because the o-line is good. They have no talent at the skill positions without Dez. It's crazy. Their RB's aren't that good, their 2nd+ WRs aren't very good and the defense while solid still needs work.

People who thought they could just shrug this off are nuts to me. They play hard, but man talent is a big deal.
    yep I was ready to roll out the tank when Dez and Romo went down. ...You are right Twilliams is a #2 he is not good enough to be a #1. Heck he and the Cowboys might be better off he is the #3. Drafting another WR must also be an option in next year's draft.

Pats gonna roll us next week...

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    The Cowboys could have easily lost to the Giants who seem to be getting better. Sorta...

Dallas running game starts out on fire and then just dies. I thought the running game gets better as the game wears on. Dallas D wore down again.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    McFadden and bell cow in the same sentence

yeah, that was pretty funny

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    How many points does New England hang on us next week? 70?!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I've got Edleman and Blount on a FF team. I just hope they don't rest them if they get up by 30.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    nah, the defense will be a lot better because they're getting big pieces back. It's the offense that will lose the game.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    nah, the defense will be a lot better because they're getting big pieces back. It's the offense that will lose the game.
    The inability of the offense to sustain drives will lead to the defense being on the field way too long. Ultimately, the Pats' quick, spread offense will blow the game open.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The inability of the offense to sustain drives will lead to the defense being on the field way too long. Ultimately, the Pats' quick, spread offense will blow the game open.
    I think the pats will get a combination of quick TDs and quick punt drives, not a whole lot in between, which will lead to the defense NOT being on the field for way too long. But the Cowboys will lose the game because when they do put together good drives they'll squander them by getting a dumb holding penalty or 2 and kicking short field goals instead of converting touchdowns.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    one of the worst threads/posters in the history of internet sports forums

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    one of the worst threads/posters in the history of internet sports forums
    What a blessing it is to have him here with us at spurstalk. Unfortunately next year he won't be able to watch sports at all because he's finally going to have a job.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    What a blessing it is to have him here with us at spurstalk. Unfortunately next year he won't be able to watch sports at all because he's finally going to have a job.
    Yep while your fatass sits around and bags people with enough balls to actually make a prediction.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yep while your fatass sits around and bags people with enough balls to actually make a prediction.
    so who do u think is a better pocket passer between Cam and Carr

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    so who do u think is a better pocket passer between Cam and Carr
    Give Cam Amari and Crabtree and I bet his completion % exceeds 63. I've seem Cam make throws in windows that Carr would only dream to make. Cam has also done it in the clutch. I've seen young Carr choke way too much (cause he's young)… so Cam. And honestly, I'd be hard-pressed to find many people that disagree at this stage in Carr's career.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I predict Newton won't win .

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Give Cam Amari and Crabtree and I bet his completion % exceeds 63. I've seem Cam make throws in windows that Carr would only dream to make. Cam has also done it in the clutch. I've seen young Carr choke way too much (cause he's young)… so Cam. And honestly, I'd be hard-pressed to find many people that disagree at this stage in Carr's career.
    i'm simply asking about pocket passing. it's pretty clear Carr is better at that than Newton. Cam can make some throws on the run that Carr would only dream to make, i'll give you that.

within the pocket? nope.

Thread Information