Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    buy and read Carson's books?

The guy is a freak, a soft-speaking con man and grifter, as much of a grifter as Palin and so many other Repugs.

Taking time off his campaign to sell books?

Looks like he'll win Iowa, but Santorum also won Iowa. Iowa Repugs are an ignorant, freaky, fringe bunch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iowa doesn't mean anything anymore.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the grifter makes women cry?

AUDIE CORNISH, HOST:
    Neurosurgeon Ben Carson is running for president, and he's also selling his new book.

Paid staged Plant a' la trump or typical repug nutter.
    And as
    NPR's Sam Sanders reports, sometimes the line between book tour and campaign gets a little blurry.

SAM SANDERS, BYLINE: The mood at Ben Carson's book tour events has been something in between a church revival and a rock concert, with reactions like these from Addy Earhart (ph).

ADDY EARHART: I was shaken.

SANDERS: You were shaken.

EARHART: Yeah.

SANDERS: Why were you shaken?

EARHART: I was just so nervous.

SANDERS: She was like a teenage fan meeting a Taylor Swift or a One Direction. At every event, there are attempts at weird quick hugs, selfies taken before handlers quickly push fans away and tears, like from Kathy Yosten.

KATHY YOSTEN: I love that man. He's wonderful. He's calm. He's intelligent. I see a goodness in his eyes. He makes me feel safe.

SANDERS: You're tearing up right now. He means a lot to you.

YOSTEN: Yes, he does.

SANDERS: Also declarations like this from Beverly Belew in Fort Worth.

BEVERLY BELEW: Oh, my heart was racing just to see his face, to walk up there and his smile. He smiled at me, and he said, welcome. And I said, I love you, Dr. Carson (laughter).

SANDERS: And what did he say back?

BELEW: And he said thank you.

SANDERS: The rockstar nature of adoration at these events even extends to Dr. Carson's wife, Candy. At a bookstore in Waco, I heard a woman come up behind me and say this.

SHERRY BAKER: Oh, my God, she was in the bathroom - Ms. Carson.

SANDERS: Who was in the bathroom?

BAKER: Ms. Carson, Ms. Carson.

SANDERS: You got a picture with Ms. Carson in the bathroom.

BAKER: (Laughter). I did.

SANDERS: That was Sherry Baker proudly showing off a selfie she had just taken with Carson's wife. She had cornered her in the women's restroom.

http://www.npr.org/2015/10/21/450611...s-and-politics

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You hear that? It's not Clipper Nation's vibrator. It's Trump's poll numbers crumbling down

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Carson might be lying about stabbing people and getting robbed — but why?

Everybody knows politicians lie sometimes — but we usually assume they’re being dishonest to make themselves look better.So who knows what the Ben Carson is trying to accomplish by claiming he tried tostab a guy, attacked people with hammers or sent an armed robber after a fast food cashier?

The Republican presidential candidate and retired neurosurgeon responded to frontrunner Donald Trump’s jibes about his somnolent personality by recounting his days as a “volatile” and violent teenager.

“As a teenager, I would go after people with rocks, and bricks, and baseball bats, and hammers,” Carson said. “And, of course, many people know the story when I was 14 and I tried to stab someone. And, you know, fortunately … my life has been changed. And I’m a very different person now.”

However, the details about that stabbing attempt keep changing in the 20 years Carson has been telling the story, reported The Daily Beast.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/ben-...obbed-but-why/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Carson's Budget Plan Makes Absolutely No Sense

While Carson's string of bigoted and head-scratching statements have received the most attention from the media, his fiscal plan deserve scrutiny, as it relies on pure fantasy. His policies include:

Essentially, Carson plans to dramatically reduce revenues with huge tax cuts for high earners (while raising taxes on the 47 percent of people who — while responsible for paying other forms of taxes — do not owe federal income taxes), approve some spending cuts while reversing the current dip in defense spending, and then magically balance the budget by the end of his first term all the while running the risk of creating a global financial crisis due to his refusal to raise the debt limit.

As Tim Worstall of the conservative Adam Smith Ins ute wrote in Forbes, Carson's plan flies in the face of "the simplest of logic and mental arithmetic."

The watchdog group Citizens for Tax Justice ran the numbers on Carson's Bible-based 10 percent flat tax, and the results were striking. The group found that his proposal "would yield tax revenues of only $1.1 trillion." Compare that to the country's current budget outlook, where the government expects to take in approximately $3.5 trillion in tax revenue and spend around $4 trillion. Carson's proposal would cover just over a quarter of current spending levels.

However, Carson has not revealed where he would find trillions of dollars in cuts to balance the budget, which he would require himself to do through the Balanced Budget Amendment. Instead, Carson would balloon the deficit, which this year sunk to $435 billion, by $3 trillion.

Carson insists on the stump that a freeze on federal spending will balance the budget in just four years:

"We don't raise it one penny for three or four years and the budget will be balanced, just like that."

But he offers no realistic plan to make up for the massive revenue shortfall resulting from
    his biblical tax policy.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/ben-carsons-budget-plan-makes-absolutely-no-sense
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-28-2015 at 01:00 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Carson Denies Involvement With the Nutritional Supplement Company He Was Involved With For Years

Over the last ten years, Ben Carson has given speeches for Mannatech, a sketchy nutritional supplement company that does not, surprisingly, produce actual snake oil.

He’s appeared in infomercials.

He admits the company helped fund his endowed chair at Johns Hopkins.

He even endorsed their product during the GOP debate Wednesday.

But one thing he denies? Having “any kind of relationship with them.” Huh?

The question came up midway through the GOP debate, when Carl Quintanilla asked if Carson’s judgment should be questioned in light of his involvement with the company—an allegation Carson categorically denied, unironically terming it “total propaganda.”

Quintanilla: There’s a company called Mannatech, a maker of nutritional supplements, with which you had a ten-year relationship. They offered claims that they could cure autism, cancer. They paid $7 million dollars to settle a deceptive marketing lawsuit in Texas, and yet your involvement continued. Why?

Carson: Well, it’s easy to answer. I didn’t have an involvement with them. That is total propaganda and this is what happens in our society. Total propaganda. I did a couple of speeches for them, I did speeches for other people, they were paid speeches, it is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of relationship with them. Do I take the product? Yes. I think it’s a good product.

This is... untrue. Carson, the Wall Street Journal pointed out earlier this month, has often made reference to a long and lucrative association with the company that he says has been good for both his career and his health.

http://gawker.com/ben-carson-denies-...eme-1739310975

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you do speeches and get paid by someone you have no relationship with? The exchange of monies for a service is the ing definition of a relationship.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you do speeches and get paid by someone you have no relationship with? The exchange of monies for a service is the ing definition of a relationship.
    you doo doo speeches in Repug alternate reality.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Carson Unveils a Bold Plan to Combat Rising Sea Levels

===================

Dr. Ben Carson
    @RealBenCarson

It is important to remember that amateurs built the Ark and it was the professionals that built the anic. @my_ccu
    12:05 PM - 29 Oct 2015

======================

If nothing else, it's good to see Carson has a plan to cope with rising sea levels

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2015...ible-knowledge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does he not get called out for this by the mainstream media???

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-29-2015 at 04:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Carson opposes abortion for rape victims while comparing them to ‘slave owners’

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson said on Sunday that believes Roe v. Wade should be overturned, and that women should not be allowed to have abortions even in the case of rape or incest.

“Think about this. During slavery — and I know that one of those words you’re not supposed to say — but I’m saying it,” Carson said. “During slavery, a lot of the slave owners thought they had the right to do whatever they wanted to that slave, anything that they chose to do. And what if the abolitionists had said, ‘You know, I don’t believe in slavery, I think it’s wrong. But you guys do whatever you want to do.’ Where would we be?”

When it came to the rights of women, Carson insisted that they should not have the legal choice to terminate unwanted pregnancies.

“I’m a reasonable person,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/ben...-rape-victims/

Carson's a Young Earther, so he's an idiot.

However, if one is going to be "Pro-Life", the only intellectually honest positions, if your assertion and belief is that the fetus is protected human life, is that ALL abortions must be outlawed. If the fetus is, it is protected. Any other position necessarily devalues that life, and thus, your position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonah Goldberg’s whitesplainin’ again: Ben Carson “more authentically African-American than Barack Obama”

What would the black community do without white conservatives to tell them who really belongs to it?

Writing about a discussion of Carson’s appeal on Tuesday’s edition of “Morning Joe,” Goldberg lamented that “at no point in this conversation did anyone call attention to the fact that Carson is an African-American.” Why is it “so intriguingly rare to hear people talk about the fact that he’s black”? According to Goldberg, for liberals it’s because doing so would call attention to how black President Barack Obama isn’t.

Hiding behind the phrase “[o]ne could argue” — that’s exactly what he’s doing, after all — Goldberg argues that Carson is “even more authentically African-American than Barack Obama, given that Obama’s mother was white and he was raised in part by his white grandparents.”

For Goldberg, Carson is “more authentically African-American” because he “grew up in Detroit, the son of a very poor, very hard-working single mother.” Praising black single-motherhood is well outside Goldberg’s wheelhouse, but kudos on him for trying, even if it was only to score cheap political points against the black community for turning against Carson when “he became a Republican politician.”

“[T]hat probably explains why his race seems to be such a non-issue for the media,” the nationally syndicated columnist wrote in an article about Carson’s race. But he’s talking about other members of the media, for whom “the race card is just too valuable politically and psychologically.”

http://www.salon.com/2015/10/30/jona..._barack_obama/

JG proves that, like all blacks don't have big s, all Jews aren't intelligent and liberal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    America's Newest Political Curse: Ben Carson, the Neurosurgeon Who Can't Think

[SIZE=3][FONT=arial]What does it say about higher education, that you can graduate from Yale and still believe that the devil made Darwin do it?

What does it say about medicine, that you can both be a gifted neurosurgeon and also
    declare[COLOR=#000000], “I never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away”?
    Wild Cobra, would you be afraid to let Carson operate on you? Just curious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wild Cobra, would you be afraid to let Carson operate on you? Just curious
    You probably would be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You probably would be.
    I might be but not because of the color of his skin. I don't see race.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Carson: Bible Proves He’s Ready To Be President Of Noah’s Ark

This nation, believe me, was designed for We The People, and around We The People, not We the Government …

Citizen-statesmen, not career politicians, that’s what it was designed for.

And I love it when people come up to me and say, “But-bu-bu-bu-but you’ve never been elected to any public office! You can’t possibly know how to do anything!”

So let me tell you something: The Ark was built by amateurs; the anic was built by professionals! [laughter, applause]

http://wonkette.com/595467/ben-carso...t-of-noahs-ark

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You probably would be.
    Yes but not because I'm terrified of black surgeons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes but not because I'm terrified of black surgeons
    Oh, it's your other bigotry. The kind that's okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, it's your other bigotry. The kind that's okay.
    I think he's an idiot. That's all.

I think you're an idiot too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's an idiot. That's all.

I think you're an idiot too.
    Nah, you just don't like his religious beliefs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, you just don't like his religious beliefs.
    there are some fine Christan surgeons out there. I don't really care as long as they're good at what they do.

Carson being so ridiculously stupid concerns me as a voter and would concern me as a patient.

I think you're ridiculously stupid too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there are some fine Christan surgeons out there. I don't really care as long as they're good at what they do.
    That's all that matters.

I think you're ridiculously stupid too.
    I'm soo wounded. How will I go on?

Thread Information