Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hezbollah, Hamas are proteges of Syria which is protege of Iran and Russia.

Hezbollah is attacking Assad? link?

Thanks, Repugs. Thrilled, grateful to see all you neocons and Repugs expressing deepest sorrow, regret, apologies for destabilizing the Middle East and Africa.
    Understood. I found it in the Guardian and was shocked. I will try and locate it again. It was a section of Lebanese Hezbollah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Critics of Hezbollah believe the group is exaggerating the threat of the extremists in Syria by trying to build a national umbrella to fight under. A journalist loyal to the March 14 Movement in Lebanon told Al-Monitor on condition of anonymity that the real threat to Lebanon’s unity today is posed by Hezbollah’s ventures in Syria. “Hezbollah is combating Syrian rebels. Its true a portion of them are extremists but we know the majority want a free country. Hezbollah’s media arms are trying to show the dark face of the revolution in Syria while there are many bright faces that they intend to cover,”

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/orig...#ixzz3nPJcZVj3

It had something to do with the above. Hezbollah had internal fighting about what they were doing in Syria.

And then you have this which is contradictory

Defending the capital and the surrounding countryside is a priority, though manpower shortages translate into a reluctance to fight in urban areas. So the suburb of Jobar is in the hands of Islamist fighters who lob mortar s s into government areas. Zabadani, a strategic town on the Lebanese border, was recaptured from rebels only with the help of Hezbollah and a Palestinian group loyal to Assad.
    Last edited by pgardn; 10-02-2015 at 06:14 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    majority want a free Syria

Same was said about Lybia and look where it is now

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Saudi arabia is taking up issue with the Rusian bombing with the UN human rights council. Meanwhile they are bombing Yemen to the stone age (almost 3,000 civilians killed so far)"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    majority want a free Syria

Same was said about Lybia and look where it is now
    What did you expect a Lebanese journalist loyal to the Arab Spring to say? The Arab Spring started with a self immolation and people getting fed up of being ruled by dictators. It has helped create pure chaos when the West took it as meaning the Middle East is ready for democracy.

It also led to some freedom in a few North African Muslim countries. And it looks as though it might give Israel a chance to completely smother the Palestinians. This is why this is all so perplexing leading to situations we could not possibly forecast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have people on this board with clear agendas. So they make every event into some huge turning point to bolster their preconceived notions when the reality is this is not simple physics where initial conditions are known so very accurate predictions concerning outcomes can be made.

This is a huge mess of highly fluid variables, good luck with the predictions. (Even though they are fun to make because we don't get held accountable like political leaders)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia just attacked the IS stronghold at Raqqa

meanwhile US considering defending militarily the rebels

holy , we have become the terrorists

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy

Saudi warns that Russian attack on IS will fuel more funding and recruitments for ISIS

goddam those mother ers have no shame

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia just attacked the IS stronghold at Raqqa

meanwhile US considering defending militarily the rebels

holy , we have become the terrorists
    Russia is in the process of installing very sophisticated Air Defenses in Syrian territory. Sadly there is absolutely nothing the US can do at this point unless they want to see their planes start to drop like flies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess the US could possibly send a massive force to take out the SAMs, but that would be pretty much the start of WWWIII

plus unlikely because Russia would just bully Turkey to close up airspace to Americans and they would pretty much be up s creek

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy

Saudi warns that Russian attack on IS will fuel more funding and recruitments for ISIS

goddam those mother ers have no shame

Islam is the reason that part of the world is so fubar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's funny is hearing all these ex US generals on TV and saying Obama is a pussy and the Russians are bluffing. And we should call out their bluff.

psychopaths

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that takes a secondary role to bigger reasons. Oil and greed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that takes a secondary role to bigger reasons. Oil and greed.
    We have lots of oil and greed in the U.S., but we're not beheading and stoning people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have lots of oil and greed in the U.S., but we're not beheading and stoning people.
    you need to read up on geopolitics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    talking about badasses. this guy is one bad mofo:

Former rebel Ramzan Kadyrov says if Russian PM sent his ‘death battalion’ to Syria in a ground operation, Islamic State would be wiped out within weeks

The Chechen leader, Ramzan Kadyrov, has asked Vladimir Putin to send him to Syria, claiming that a land operation using Chechen ground troops would wipe out Islamic State terrorists.

“The terrorists don’t know what a real war is, because they have only been subjected to airstrikes. They don’t have experience of real military action,” said Kadyrov in an interview with a Russian news agency.

“If our request is granted, it will be a celebration for us,” he said. “But it’s the decision of the commander-in-chief to take.”

“As a Muslim, as a Chechen, as a patriot of Russia, I am stating that in 1999, when our republic was seized by these devils, we gave our oath on the Qur’an that all our lives we would fight against them, wherever they are. I am not just saying this, I’m asking that we are allowed to go there and take part in these special operations,”

His policies to quell the Islamic insurgency have included burning down the houses of relatives of suspected militants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    talking about badasses. this guy is one bad mofo:

Former rebel Ramzan Kadyrov says if Russian PM sent his ‘death battalion’ to Syria in a ground operation, Islamic State would be wiped out within weeks

The Chechen leader, Ramzan Kadyrov, has asked Vladimir Putin to send him to Syria, claiming that a land operation using Chechen ground troops would wipe out Islamic State terrorists.

“The terrorists don’t know what a real war is, because they have only been subjected to airstrikes. They don’t have experience of real military action,” said Kadyrov in an interview with a Russian news agency.

“If our request is granted, it will be a celebration for us,” he said. “But it’s the decision of the commander-in-chief to take.”

“As a Muslim, as a Chechen, as a patriot of Russia, I am stating that in 1999, when our republic was seized by these devils, we gave our oath on the Qur’an that all our lives we would fight against them, wherever they are. I am not just saying this, I’m asking that we are allowed to go there and take part in these special operations,”

His policies to quell the Islamic insurgency have included burning down the houses of relatives of suspected militants.

gottam!! if Putin unleashes this devil on ISIS

that would be some epic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wasn't familiar with this guy. he's nuts!

"the moment the terrorists in Syria relialize that Chechen soldiers are on the way, they will get out of there"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    war, invasion and the economic ruin and mass migrations resulting therefrom, have *something* to do with it too. power dynamics explain way more than ideology and religious belief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how long has US been at war in Africa, mideast and South Asia? have our efforts been generally stabilizing or the reverse?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Russia is making a strategic mistake" - Obama when asked if Putin is outsmarting him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy what a clown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    twitter destroying Obama

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    American whining is unbearable. Even my Mother asked me why American media is being so hypocritical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    American whining is unbearable. Even my Mother asked me why American media is being so hypocritical.
    American media is just a mouthpiece of the CIA. Russia just destroyed their training facility and possibly took out a bunch of agents.

They are butthurt

Thread Information