Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cool discovery. There is now the possibility that there's algae in the water that will become a fish that will become a man. And earthlings will get to observe it all happen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We knew this years ago.

Nothing gona come off it for the next 50 years. Maybe in 100 years we will start to colonize the red planet. Much ado about nothing

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There has always been water on Mars lol. There is f'n ice at the caps lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seriously we are decades away from safe propulsion and habitat technologies to even get us o Mars. Much less ing landing on it and setting up camp

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Cool discovery. There is now the possibility that there's algae in the water that will become a fish that will become a man. And earthlings will get to observe it all happen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    A few hundred million years from now some Martians might be able to dig up the fossils and piece together a solid working theory of evolution.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A few hundred million years from now some Martians might be able to dig up the fossils and piece together a solid working theory of evolution.
    Perhaps using this board as a guide.

Name
    Ubuntu
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Orlando Magic
    If you seriously posted this, you're informed. This was discovered years ago because as someone said, ice caps. Even if it was the first news, it would not be surprising since there are planets that don't even orbit stars roaming space after being thrown out of their solar orbit; rogue planets. That's the power of the Kepler. More stars than grains of sand and that means there's 3 times as much as planets or moons than stars.

Human existence....insignificant on the galaxy, interstellar, group, cluster, and observable scale. Humble up mother ers.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Please Hammer, don't hurt em

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well now this changes things doesn't it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We knew this years ago.

Nothing gona come off it for the next 50 years. Maybe in 100 years we will start to colonize the red planet. Much ado about nothing
    We thought this years ago. Now there is scientific proof.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Now we wait for the discovery of fossils.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    People who can afford the trip to Mars are probably the last ones who ever want to leave the earth, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well , I can get water at home.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    As Neil degrasse said, we all might just be true Martians. It is very possible, a meteorite hit mars which had life first, and the life ingredient remnants got tossed to Earth

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Army Black Knights
    There has always been water on Mars lol. There is f'n ice at the caps lol
    I doubt its water...more likely frozen hydrogen, sulfur, or some other deadly ...everything that freezes isn't water....there is no breathable atmosphere on Mars..so it's not likely water. Just looks like it from millions of miles away

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I doubt its water...more likely frozen hydrogen, sulfur, or some other deadly ...everything that freezes isn't water....there is no breathable atmosphere on Mars..so it's not likely water. Just looks like it from millions of miles away
    Don't try and act intelligent you stupid ass mother er

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Army Black Knights
    Don't try and act intelligent you stupid ass mother er

While I may at times live a fake internet life whats even sadder is that you allow me to live a real life rent free in your head...

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Uhh fellas...

A minute of your time.

LIQUID water at certain times on Martian soil.
    Like today. That's what these flow structures indicate. Not just frozen, liquid.

Permanently frozen water does not do anything for the type of life we think could exist.

Problems: The amount of dissolved salts in the structures indicate the water looks to be much too hypertonic for any type of life we know of.
    But....There may be places were the water is not too "salty"

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Uhh fellas...

A minute of your time.

LIQUID water at certain times on Martian soil.
    Like today. That's what these flow structures indicate. Not just frozen, liquid.

Permanently frozen water does not do anything for the type of life we think could exist.

Problems: The amount of dissolved salts in the structures indicate the water looks to be much too hypertonic for any type of life we know of.
    But....There may be places were the water is not too "salty"
    Organisms are known to live in either extreme you mentioned in this post. Humans are going to have to land on Mars and excavate the surface for samples of life.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It's the fish, always the Fckn fish. That's the hangup for the intellectual giants of the board. Drumroll please.

Robdilobster Diaz. (Claims he is a crustacean)
    Avante "I ain't no fish" Lemonsprint.
    Mouse Iminyouraquarium.

Thanks for your insight and depth of consciousness.
    Last edited by pgardn; 10-02-2015 at 10:38 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Organisms are known to live in either extreme you mentioned in this post. Humans are going to have to land on Mars and excavate the surface for samples of life.
    The Halophiles on Earth could not live in this precipitating mess we have found. But, there are places where the temperature and salinity might be appropriate now. I am skeptical. Spores are a possibility. Fossilized spores. I will have to read more. Anyone else with insight to the articles chime in.

Kool. You can go sit in the corner. And take that gdamn thumb out of your mouth.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    Name
    Joseph Rao Kony
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    this re really thinks someone looked at mars with a telescope and said "hey look there's some liquid, it must be water!"

Thread Information