Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reporter: Talking to one of your staffers yesterday, this person said that they noticed just how much more easier it is to score when he's [LMA] on the bucket. You know, obviously you guys like to move the ball, move players, but you have to execute hard to manufacture buckets at times and with him, it's just you just give it to him and he can score. Have you noticed that facet? Just how much easier it can be?

Danny: Definitely, definitely. We didn't have one of those guys where you just throw the ball to and say "Go get us a bucket", um, we have that now with him [LMA], and David West can do the same. So, um, that helps when were not shooting well and there's a drought, but it makes it easier to score because you cant double team anybody with there being a lot of threats on the floor....

Yet some player fan neck beards on here are questioning Aldridge taking too many shots. Like DG said, we didn't have a go to scorer last year. No matter how much you hype up Kawhi, no one on the team believes he's a go-to scorer.. Thus showing just how hard Pop tried to recruit LMAlpha, a true first option.
    Not having a go to scorer hurts specially to close out games and in overtimes. That is really when you get exposed. Last year the Spurs struggled hard in close games and lost several games they should/could have won. To be honest, if they reached the last 2 mins of the 4th quarter within 5 points, you had doubts that they could close that out. The problem wasn't for the most part defensively, (specially to close out the game, during the game yea, there could have been plenty of defensive mistakes). They really didn't have someone to get a bucket at times. They would end up with missed FT from somebody, untimely turnovers, an ill advised Manu 3 that clanked. Just a whole lot of bad execution to close out games.

I also thought when Timmy was asked about Kawhi's leadership he was uncomfortable about that question. Min. 6.36 here http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/archive

He said Kawhi is coming along just fine and will be the leader he needs to be, when he needs to be it and that luckily "we're here" (assume he's talking about the big 3 here), and now the team has LMA and David West, so its a veteran team. He said it will be Kawhi's team in due time if it already isn't (looks away here, I am not sure he's convinced by this). The says that he will need to be the kind of leader that will have to learn on the fly.

Not sure what to make of this except that Kawhi is not ready to be the leader and luckily there are vets in the team. Not to assault him, because I love his game, but he doesn't strike me as a guy who has the personality to lead at all. He comes across as antisocial.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 09-30-2015 at 01:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dannys right kl was not at that level yet last year. Hopefully he can turn into that this year

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Kawhi s turning on Green

kiwi carrying the defense

typical Kiwi s. Shouldn't be surprised since they'd already gone after tim, pop, the admiral, gervin, and LMAlpha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a fact. Kawhi player fans constantly undervalue Danny on both offense and defense.
    Really? Most Spurs' fan are Kawhi's fans too, except you and two or three haters here. I'm a Spurs' fan since I can remember, I love Tim, I love Kawhi and..I love Danny too.

I always say Dany's one of the best one-on-one defenders in the league, the true 3-D guy on the team, I undervalue Danny??

I disagree with you, he isn't more important than Kawhi on offense, Kawhi's a really more verstile offensive player and you can't explain why Dany's better than him...

People who like Kawhi's game constantly underrate Danny?? You're not only a stupid hater, but a liar too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love kawhis game and Danny's game as well. It doesn't have to be a one or the other scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you really think that Leonard can ever be paired without a dominant playmaker? That he could make plays consistently against common compe ion? Because pop leans on parker, parker didn't get a secondary ball handler. Kawhi does. Does kawhi run the most complicated plays in NBA history? Parker does.

Again, can you explain...... How parker hurts kawhi? If you say he doesn't pass to kawhi I'll refer you to the team coach. If you say he covers for parker on defense I'll ask you to list teams in which the pg didn't need coverage against athletic talent.
    You said "the more parker sucks the note kawhi should compensate, bit instead it's been the opposite" but the stats say otherwise.

If Kawhi can run the offense or not...we need to watch it more often to know. What we really know is he's improving a lot in that area of his game. He was top 15 NBA player in scoring efficiency running the pick and roll.

I shouldn't explain how Parker hurts Kawhi because I never said that, all we know that Parker's decline hurt the Spurs last season but that had nothing to do with Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love kawhis game and Danny's game as well. It doesn't have to be a one or the other scenario.
    Like most Spurs fans.

K... saying "they undervalue someone" wants to polarize people, he loves to antagonize each other, it's his job, troll's job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Verde just exposing Enrique Porker as the choke artist and fake "star" pretending to be a first option that he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you had to play devil's advocate and pinpoint who it was directed at then I would agree it was probably Parker . he darn sure wasn't taking a pop shot at Tim.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not having a go to scorer hurts specially to close out games and in overtimes. That is really when you get exposed. Last year the Spurs struggled hard in close games and lost several games they should/could have won. To be honest, if they reached the last 2 mins of the 4th quarter within 5 points, you had doubts that they could close that out. The problem wasn't for the most part defensively, (specially to close out the game, during the game yea, there could have been plenty of defensive mistakes). They really didn't have someone to get a bucket at times. They would end up with missed FT from somebody, untimely turnovers, an ill advised Manu 3 that clanked. Just a whole lot of bad execution to close out games.

I also thought when Timmy was asked about Kawhi's leadership he was uncomfortable about that question. Min. 6.36 here http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/archive

He said Kawhi is coming along just fine and will be the leader he needs to be, when he needs to be it and that luckily "we're here" (assume he's talking about the big 3 here), and now the team has LMA and David West, so its a veteran team. He said it will be Kawhi's team in due time if it already isn't (looks away here, I am not sure he's convinced by this). The says that he will need to be the kind of leader that will have to learn on the fly.

Not sure what to make of this except that Kawhi is not ready to be the leader and luckily there are vets in the team. Not to assault him, because I love his game, but he doesn't strike me as a guy who has the personality to lead at all. He comes across as antisocial.
    Good post, I didn't pay attention to that part of Tim's interview but that's interesting. Tim was a quiet leader himself, but his presence was felt throughout the team and league. Kawhi isn't there yet and the team knows that.. Anybody without an agenda knows that. The Big 3's window is closing and teams keep improving. Having LMA lead the way is obviously the way to go right now, don't know why some posters don't get that, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All leaders don't have to be loud and have a strong and dominant personality. Not every leader is s Gary Payton or Michael Jordan. Duncan isn't that way. It is the norm but not a must.

But yes, I agree that kawhi is not the leader of this team. However, i am not foreclosing that possibility in the next few years. He's on pace to become one. This is of no concern to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree with you, he isn't more important than Kawhi on offense, Kawhi's a really more verstile offensive player and you can't explain why Dany's better than him...
    I'd argue Danny is a lot more important on offense seeing as wehenever he goes cold we go on a losing streak or get knocked out of the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi isn't there yet
    implying he'll ever get there

Guys on the team have said Kawhi can go weeks without talking to anyone. A guy like that can't lead a team. It's not a knock on him as player, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All leaders don't have to be loud and have a strong and dominant personality. Not every leader is s Gary Payton or Michael Jordan. Duncan isn't that way. It is the norm but not a must.

But yes, I agree that kawhi is not the leader of this team. However, i am not foreclosing that possibility in the next few years. He's on pace to become one. This is of no concern to me.
    Duncan isn't loud like Kobe, but he is well spoken and has, at the very least, basic socializing skills. Kawhi is antisocial and as articulate as Derrick Rose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    implying he'll ever get there

Guys on the team have said Kawhi can go weeks without talking to anyone. A guy like that can't lead a team. It's not a knock on him as player, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.
    He's got the tools, but like you said, the dude doesn't have leader skills. From clips I've seen of him in college, he wasn't always like this.. Aldridge on the other hand, ain't scared to put Lllard in his place

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got the tools, but like you said, the dude doesn't have leader skills. From clips I've seen of him in college, he wasn't always like this.. Aldridge on the other hand, ain't scared to put Lllard in his place
    Yo I always saw that gif on here of him laughing at Jimmer but other than that I hadn't seen any clips of ihm in college. Is that him dancing at :23

Weird that he would become more introverted as an NBA player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo I always saw that gif on here of him laughing at Jimmer but other than that I hadn't seen any clips of ihm in college. Is that him dancing at :23

It had to be, Josh Davis wasn't on that team. wtf I've never seen that Carlton dance clip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reporter: Talking to one of your staffers yesterday, this person said that they noticed just how much more easier it is to score when he's [LMA] on the bucket. You know, obviously you guys like to move the ball, move players, but you have to execute hard to manufacture buckets at times and with him, it's just you just give it to him and he can score. Have you noticed that facet? Just how much easier it can be?

Danny: Definitely, definitely. We didn't have one of those guys where you just throw the ball to and say "Go get us a bucket", um, we have that now with him [LMA], and David West can do the same. So, um, that helps when were not shooting well and there's a drought, but it makes it easier to score because you cant double team anybody with there being a lot of threats on the floor....

Yet some player fan neck beards on here are questioning Aldridge taking too many shots. Like DG said, we didn't have a go to scorer last year. No matter how much you hype up Kawhi, no one on the team believes he's a go-to scorer.. Thus showing just how hard Pop tried to recruit LMAlpha, a true first option.
    That isn't taking shots. That's the obvious truth.
    Last edited by Aztecfan03; 09-30-2015 at 09:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I feel like coming into the Spurs Tim and Pop plays at least some part in that. the young guys respect the legacy and all that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That isn't taking shots unless. That's the obvious truth.
    Yes, no one views KL as an elite scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That isn't taking shots. That's the obvious truth.
    ^ One of the few posters who never disappoints

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I give Kawhi the ball in 2k16 whenever I want to score. It's awesome tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ This

Anyone worked out how to use Green on O in 2k16?
    **** can't get open for 3s and is practically useless half the time

Also, LMA drops the ball at the site of the opposition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ This

Anyone worked out how to use Green on O in 2k16?
    **** can't get open for 3s and is practically useless half the time

Also, LMA drops the ball at the site of the opposition.
    I don't play that game, but that is funny

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has to bring it every game. He doesn't. He is an awesome player and should be all the time at this point in his career.

Thread Information