Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kobe still wants to play next year there will be no Durant. People will continue to spurn LA until Kobe leaves.
    ^ It may work the opposite way imho. Durant is used to being the beta male and only in LA (with Kobe still playing) would he not be seen as the #1 guy.
    Kool,
    Wake the up man. Durant might wind up in LA especially if Nike, the networks, and the league office want him there. But no ing possible way is he going there if Kobe is sill on that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is media stirring it up just like lebron to NY a few years back. They want so desperately for the lakers to be good again...but Kobe just not letting that happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DISD? LOL, ty school district ...not saying he isn't smart but DISD is on by Plano, Allen, Prosper and especially Frisco. Teachers come running and parents lie to be in Frisco school district.
    Good enough to get him to college though

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good enough to get him to college though
    HUH? when you damn near 7 foot and are literate you are going to college. Not sure what you are getting at. The fact he was an honors student is a kudos to him but lets not act as though he went to Harvard prep ...

Compe ion matters. When I was in HS every week before our tack meets we used to look at the times from the smaller states and laugh. I Was probably the 3rd best sprinter ( 2nd best 400) on my track team which went to city and state (where we got our ass kicked by Dorsey LASalle etc.) Any member of that same relay team including me could have transferred to ANY school in North Dakota, IOWA etc. and won the state meet. Success is success but who you beat does matter.

At UCLA almost every others person I met graduated with honors or were top of their class but you can tell the one's that were from ty districts. I was a smart kid went to one of the best middle/HS school in LAUSD ...but that districts sucks too. I was lucky to go to a good Law/government magnet school but I bet the one ALdridge went to wasnt nowhere as good as that. Again not hating on LMA, but just saying ...and why does this matter? I remember Kobe fans talking about his SAT score wgaf?

Note: I will say overall though I think public schools in Texas in the suburbs are better than most in California. However DISD is just as ty as the inner city school's in L.A. ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Average LG fan is probably wishing it was Westchimp instead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HUH? when you damn near 7 foot and are literate you are going to college. Not sure what you are getting at. The fact he was an honors student is a kudos to him but lets not act as though he went to Harvard prep ...

Compe ion matters. When I was in HS every week before our tack meets we used to look at the times from the smaller states and laugh. I Was probably the 3rd best sprinter ( 2nd best 400) on my track team which went to city and state (where we got our ass kicked by Dorsey LASalle etc.) Any member of that same relay team including me could have transferred to ANY school in North Dakota, IOWA etc. and won the state meet. Success is success but who you beat does matter.

At UCLA almost every others person I met graduated with honors or were top of their class but you can tell the one's that were from ty districts. I was a smart kid went to one of the best middle/HS school in LAUSD ...but that districts sucks too. I was lucky to go to a good Law/government magnet school but I bet the one ALdridge went to wasnt nowhere as good as that. Again not hating on LMA, but just saying ...and why does this matter? I remember Kobe fans talking about his SAT score wgaf?

Note: I will say overall though I think public schools in Texas in the suburbs are better than most in California. However DISD is just as ty as the inner city school's in L.A. ...
    He was good enough to go to college, that was all. Don't have to be so sensitive about it.

What was Kobe's SAT score anyways? What is considered high? I never took SAT as I am not in the US, but I heard that thing isn't that tough. I took the GMAT though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He was good enough to go to college, that was all. Don't have to be so sensitive about it.

What was Kobe's SAT score anyways? What is considered high? I never took SAT as I am not in the US, but I heard that thing isn't that tough. I took the GMAT though.
    Is this a course how to make bubble milk teas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant -SF
    KOBE -SG
    Lou Williams
    CLARKSON
    SWAGGY P
    RANDLE
    BIG HIBBERT
    RON RON
    BRANDON BASS
    D' Angie Russell

that's better than the Spurs...we just need a ing coach
    Troll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA was sent by the Spurs to with the Lakers. Make no mistake they already had a wink and a nod agreement..why do I say that? Because he was supposedly interested in the Lakers but turned off by their lack of analytics...now think about that....what nikka do you know that is actually interested in Analytics...LMA is no honor student he's just a run of the mill jock..only interested in Monkey balling.....it was complete hog wash from the start...Pop and nem did this to lean on us for the Gasol trade that netted us 2 more....besides why would he want to interview with us when he knew we didn't have good analytics on our side with the season we had..nothing was looking up for us when he came to interview with us....so he was a plant from the get go...

..I think Durant will see how well we play and see if Kobe has anything left in the tank. If he does then Durant will come to LA if things pan out like Luva has said they would....

Durant has a brand and if we make the playoffs he will end up being that missing piece .. we got the size down low already we just need Durant and a healthy Kobe..with the young guys that would take us over the top of the Spurs and give us a very bright future. ...

We're going to be a matchup nightmare with as many ball handlers on this team. At any given time we'll have 4 players on the floor that can create their own shot. This team will be much better than the back2back Kobe team when we had Pussy Pau, Luke, Sasha, Fartmar, and Ariza. Man... when I think about how Kobe led those scrubs to a le it amazes me. s think Kobe is washed up... we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a course how to make bubble milk teas?
    Have you heard of Google? Try using it.

Believe.
    My Team
    Minnesota Timberwolves
    Post Count
    Leaving Westbrook to play with Kobe?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We're going to be a matchup nightmare with as many ball handlers on this team. At any given time we'll have 4 players on the floor that can create their own shot. This team will be much better than the back2back Kobe team when we had Pussy Pau, Luke, Sasha, Fartmar, and Ariza. Man... when I think about how Kobe led those scrubs to a le it amazes me. s think Kobe is washed up... we'll see.
    I'm putting all my faith in you and betting the farm that you will be proven right....if not I will be a bum on the streets....eating out of DPGs trash can...and you know he won't leave me no good scraps to pillage .....

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    there you go ... please put this silly rumor to bed. Lakers wont be better than first or 2nd round fodder for the next few seasons ... by year 3 though we better be at least a top 4 team in the West or else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Saving face so he doesnt become hated like D12 and LeBRONZE tbh. I doubt he wants to come to the LAkers but it's a great negotiation tactic for Durant. Scare the Western Conference about going to LA and have guys like Mark Cuban themselves into signing him. It's a smart business move but no he's not coming to LA.

Durant to LA doesnt make sense for a few years...we need to build some pieces first. Rebuild ffs already...we got a piece here and there but we need more

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Saving face so he doesnt become hated like D12 tbh. But Durant to LA doesnt make sense for a few years...we need to build some pieces first. Rebuild ffs already...we got a piece here and there but we need more
    Like I said I have them on a three year clock. If all 3 of Randle, Clarkson and Russell can develop enough to be a solid #2, #3 and # 4 on legit contender then we are half way home. But I dont give a what these Spur fans will tell you ...you still need a star. We arent getting Durant and he may be damaged goods anyway same for Russ. No poin in paying max money for guys who already gave their best years to some other team.

Lakers hopefully miss playoff and jump back in to the top 3. draft a SF or center and then in two more years they should be legit. Stop wishing on a star develop some talent and eventually a star will come ...it just wont be Durant.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Like I said I have them on a three year clock. If all 3 of Randle, Clarkson and Russell can develop enough to be a solid #2, #3 and # 4 on legit contender then we are half way home. But I dont give a what these Spur fans will tell you ...you still need a star. We arent getting Durant and he may be damaged goods anyway same for Russ. No poin in paying max money for guys who already gave their best years to some other team.

Lakers hopefully miss playoff and jump back in to the top 3. draft a SF or center and then in two more years they should be legit. Stop wishing on a star develop some talent and eventually a star will come ...it just wont be Durant.
    Well said,

in another dimension it would have made so much sense. Phil Jackson comes back 2 years ago, Kobe retires, Phil helps D12 mature into a great player like he always does and we sign KD and peices around him and go on to win a championship.

My only concern and the reason why Spur fans and Laker haters are laughing at us and rightfully so is Jim Buss is a moron. I know it's really hard to run a franchise, I couldnt do it but my God this guy definitely cannot do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hopefully miss the playoffs? Don't worry, that is guaranteed, just don't forget you are losing your pick this year too..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well said,

in another dimension it would have made so much sense. Phil Jackson comes back 2 years ago, Kobe retires, Phil helps D12 mature into a great player like he always does and we sign KD and peices around him and go on to win a championship.

My only concern and the reason why Spur fans and Laker haters are laughing at us and rightfully so is Jim Buss is a moron. I know it's really hard to run a franchise, I couldnt do it but my God this guy definitely cannot do it.
    I think the Buss stuff is overstated. He may be a moron but Mitch is running the Lakers. The recent missteps is at his feet. People especially Laker fans need to stop giving Mitch praise for picks like Clarkson but then blaming "fredo" for the Kobe extension. IF you dont trust Buss then you dont trust Mitch and firing Buss while leaving Mitch at the wheel is taking the keys from from the alcoholic and giving it to the crackhead. I trust Mitch. All i need is for Jeanie and Jim to stop fighting and let Mitch and his staff (Ryan west etc.) work. And for chrissakes get Ollie or some other young legit coach or send a Brinks truck after RC and steal him from the Mavs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hopefully miss the playoffs? Don't worry, that is guaranteed, just don't forget you are losing your pick this year too..
    Sorry "just miss" is what I meant. The hopeful was for getting in the top 3 genius, the pick is protected there.. btw, brother you can speak in absolutes but I cant say "expect"? You are allowed to predict the future but I cannot?

Gonna Love when Lakers are bottom 12 of lottery but jump all these teams back in to the top 3 the butthurt will be blissful.

Since the pick is top 3 protected and some of you here have us pegged as the worst team in the West with our antiquated coach, cancerous chucker and bust rookie and 2nd year Power forward ...how do we not keep our pick? That doesn't make any sense ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 10-02-2015 at 04:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry "just miss" is what I meant the hopeful was for betting in the top 3 genius the pick is protected there.. btw, brother you can speak in absolutes but I cant say "expect"? You are allowed to predict the future but I cannot?

Gonna Love when Lakers are bottom 12 of lottery but jump all these teams back in to the top 3 the butthurt will be blissful.

Since the pick is top 3 protected and some of you here have us pegged as the worst team in the West with our antiquated coach, cancerous chucker and bust rookie and 2nd year Power forward ...how do we not keep our pick? That doesn't make any sense ...
    Because even being the worst team in the West doesn't mean you're the worst team period. Theres a terrible Eastern Conference you are competing with too. Lakers should be 5-10 wins better than last year. Just enough to lose their pick IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant's chances of signing with the Wizards are much greater than they are going to the Lakers.

They have the pieces he can build with.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Because even being the worst team in the West doesn't mean you're the worst team period. Theres a terrible Eastern Conference you are competing with too. Lakers should be 5-10 wins better than last year. Just enough to lose their pick IMO.
    I know that's what you were counting on last year, how did that work out for you? We jumped last year I think we have a good chance to jump again this year. Either way still have to give up a pick sooner or later if it's this year so be it ... but that is what I am "hoping" for never said it would happen.

Love how much the SPur fans care about the Lakers even when we are "down" it's awesome. Again not sure why I caused so much backlash. I dont think saying the Spurs wont without Timmy or another transcendant star would be so controversial. Some of you fools are in worse denial than Laker fans. Spurs need to win in the next two years ...it could be a long time before they win again Duncan means that much to the Spurs.

It's akin to me saying even With Bill B that Patriots wont win a SB without Brady until they find another elite QB. they have Gronk, a good defense. But they still aint winning. Have teams like the Seahawks and Ravens won with less than stellar QB play? of course. Even Ben sucked in the first Steelers SB he won.

But if I could choose building around Brady/Aikman/Montana/rodgers etc. I would choose that over building around the Legion of Boom defense and Wilson ...

Same in hoops give me Shaq/Kobe/Tim/Mj/Lebron I will figure out the rest ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 10-02-2015 at 04:22 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Durant's chances of signing with the Wizards are much greater than they are going to the Lakers.

They have the pieces he can build with.
    agreed.

Thread Information