Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putin explains who supports ISIS

https://www.facebook.com/ronaldhinto...3698610152038/

> 1:34

Although the entire response to an American journalist question is quite interesting

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Russia needs that much help?

lol
    Yes. Any country would.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I guess. They were trying to prop up an unpopular government in Afghanistan, after all?
    No they were basically trying to run the government with communism. They created the communist government in Afghanistan.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Interesting thing to consider, the president of Chechnya and putins biggest Supporter is begging to be able to get involved and send troops

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how Americans about our President and then choose to support the biggest idiot of them all. How Rubio isn't the frontrunner is beyond me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Putin just get Russia into another Afghanistan?
    Doubtful. Assad has the support of a large section of the population & the military. Russia will give him the firepower to crush the rebels.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see what's the downside to them helping Assad. I'll take a secular dictator over a conservative Islamic one any day, just like I'd take Saddam over ISIS in Iraq right now. Even better that the US doesn't have to do anything and Russia can pay for the war with their money and lives.
    Assad is the only option for stabilizing Syria. The administrations position that removing Saddam was a huge mistake while supporting doing the same thing in Syria just doesn't make sense. If they had succeeded in toppling the Assad regime I think Syria would be an even bigger mess than it is now. You would think we would have learned the lesson by now that democracy just doesn't work everywhere in the world.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assad is the only option for stabilizing Syria. The administrations position that removing Saddam was a huge mistake while supporting doing the same thing in Syria just doesn't make sense. If they had succeeded in toppling the Assad regime I think Syria would be an even bigger mess than it is now. You would think we would have learned the lesson by now that democracy just doesn't work everywhere in the world.
    New administration, same as the last.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how Americans about our President and then choose to support the biggest idiot of them all. How Rubio isn't the frontrunner is beyond me.
    Yeah, I can't believe the Oompa Loompa is leading in the polls. Oh well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't see how ISIS can be defeated. IMO best Russia can do is make them retreat to Iraq but even that is a long shot. Especially if the West still arms the terrorists in the West side of Syria.

But Assad has 100,000 troops at his disposal. That is a lot better than Obama's army of 4 guys

Still I really don't see a solution I USA and the West don't help out.

And now you have Israel crying about being ignored. Goodam lot of psychopaths involved nothing good can come out of it. Even with Putin and Lavrov being god dam legends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Any country would.
    USA would not but USA does not to police world

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60% of Republicans favor either Trump, Carson, Fiorina, or Cruz. 60% of Republicans believe it's not only feasible, but preferable, for one of those moonbats to be President of the United States.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Trump is winning because despite having no ideas outside the usual talking points, he has all of the soft characteristics (personality, jingoism, down to earthness, toughness, quick wit) that Republicans have wanted in a candidate for years but never got. All he does is spout red meat.

Nobody wants a policy wonk. They are boring. Besides most policy wonks have other problems, they think they're so damn smart they think they can micromanage every facet of the country and usually fail.

Trump is a different animal. He's like a south american strongman who is extremely popular despite leading their country to .

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubtful. Assad has the support of a large section of the population & the military. Russia will give him the firepower to crush the rebels.
    This is just not true.

Its getting down to bare bones for him. His best people have left. Broad support? Where? Damascus? His support has been dying which is part of why Russia is entering. They want to be relevant in the Middle East and they do have bases.

Crush which rebels? There are a number of groups in Syria the most prominent is ISIS which Russia has not hit yet. They won't crush anything just like the US. They might change outcomes of specific events like we did saving that group stuck on the mountain. But overall, if they don't send in troops, the best they can hope for is Assad staying in control of specific parts of Syria. It's the same thing in Iraq. You got a Shia government in control of a small section of Iraq with chaos elsewhere except where ISIS is firmly entrenched.

None of this is as easy as the US decimating Saddam while losing only 200 troops most of which were accidental. This is not a one sided conventional war with strict lines drawn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60% of Republicans favor either Trump, Carson, Fiorina, or Cruz.
    protest candidates, not one of which is electable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won't crush anything just like the US.
    We don't crush anything. Only go after selected targets to avoid civilian casualties and bad press. I doubt Russia and Assad will be so selective.

Thread Information