My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over/Under 180 attempts?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Over/Under 180 attempts?
    Definitely under. Dirk during his MVP season attempted 173 & attempted less than 180 b/w 2008-2011. I would chalk LMA in for about 2 attempt per game MAX.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say under.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under. LMA should shoot if he is wide open on the corner 3, and there really isn't much of a reason he should have many meaningful touches outside of the line anywhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under for sure..Unless we're relegating him to a 3 point shooter.

A couple of attempts a game at 35% should be enough to get the defense honest and provide spacing.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Under. LMA should shoot if he is wide open on the corner 3, and there really isn't much of a reason he should have many meaningful touches outside of the line anywhere else.
    Actually he can shoot 3s from the wings b/c of the high PnR action. He's usually a step away from the 3 point line when he's popping for a jumper so he could just take a step back & take a 3 kind of like how Rasheed/Billups used to run it in Detroit. Carmelo was actually able to decrease his mid-range attempts in 2012-13 by pulling up for 3 instead of 20ft jumpers. Corner 3s are already with his range but teams don't run PnR on the sideline so he usually take them if he left open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over. Boris Diaw, who I consider a VERY reluctant 3 point shooter, managed to hoist 169 of them last year. LMA is not a reluctant anything, and the Spurs will convince him through numbers that he's better off taking those two steps back and shooting 35% than shooting 45% from long two land.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under for sure..Unless we're relegating him to a 3 point shooter.

A couple of attempts a game at 35% should be enough to get the defense honest and provide spacing.
    Two attempts per game is 164. You're almost to 180 right there. Wouldn't shock me to see him put up double his 105 from last year. 210 would be a little over 2.5 per game.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Two attempts per game is 164. You're almost to 180 right there. Wouldn't shock me to see him put up double his 105 from last year. 210 would be a little over 2.5 per game.
    82 games tho? Nah.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Over. Boris Diaw, who I consider a VERY reluctant 3 point shooter, managed to hoist 169 of them last year. LMA is not a reluctant anything, and the Spurs will convince him through numbers that he's better off taking those two steps back and shooting 35% than shooting 45% from long two land.
    Diaw was being DARED to shoot 3s & he doesn't have an affinity to jacking up mid-range shots unlike LMA.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    105 was a big jump for him last season so doubling it would really require him stepping out of his comfort zone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^This is true, but I found it interesting that Aldridge himself has said that he is going to continue transitioning into shooting 3s to preserve his body with age..

With Kawhi, Parker, Duncan and West already shooting a lot of mid range Js, I wouldn't be surprised if Aldridge is permitted to shoot more 3s..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll guess that he puts up around ~150

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    82 games tho? Nah.
    He's barely 30, and I believe SA has no 4 in 5s this year. I'd be shocked if he didn't play at least 80. , Duncan played 77 last year.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    He's barely 30, and I believe SA has no 4 in 5s this year. I'd be shocked if he didn't play at least 80. , Duncan played 77 last year.
    Nig missed an average of 10+ games a season the last three years. Not gonna happen, tbh

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    ^^This is true, but I found it interesting that Aldridge himself has said that he is going to continue transitioning into shooting 3s to preserve his body with age..

With Kawhi, Parker, Duncan and West already shooting a lot of mid range Js, I wouldn't be surprised if Aldridge is permitted to shoot more 3s..
    As long as he doesn't go all Rasheed & start jacking up 3s then I wouldn't mind him mix it up. I could see him attempting about 3 per game once he gets comfortable shooting it from the wing/top of the key. Establish him inside & posting up for his turnaround to start the game then once he's in rhythm then give him the green light especially for dagger 3s.

LoL @ him preserving his body when he doesn't even get to the line much & complains about doing the dirty work, he does have a diva at ude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    under imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hhhhhmmm I am truly unsure... but... we did not see him spotted in a corner for a 3 in those drills. Sounds to me like they will want him involved. Probably will mix it up.. I am going with Nono and Kawhitstorm on this.
    Under.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    hhhhhmmm I am truly unsure... but... we did not see him spotted in a corner for a 3 in those drills. Sounds to me like they will want him involved. Probably will mix it up.. I am going with Nono and Kawhitstorm on this.
    Under.
    He's probably not going to start the season shooting 3s until he gets comfortable w/ the system & knows where/when he could get his shots. He already has the range to shoot the corner 3 & made a bunch last season so he doesn't really need to work on it unlike the top of the key/wing 3s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as he doesn't go all Rasheed & start jacking up 3s then I wouldn't mind him mix it up. I could see him attempting about 3 per game once he gets comfortable shooting it from the wing/top of the key. Establish him inside & posting up for his turnaround to start the game then once he's in rhythm then give him the green light especially for dagger 3s.

LoL @ him preserving his body when he doesn't even get to the line much & complains about doing the dirty work, he does have a diva at ude.
    I agree about his diva at ude, it's part of the reason I think he'll be shooting more 3s, too..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol deez s be playing 2k then come to ST to start a thread about LMA 180 3pa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if West will attempt some, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree about his diva at ude, it's part of the reason I think he'll be shooting more 3s, too..
    It could happen thats why this is an interesting poll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The diva at ude is no secret with Aldridge, that's part of the reason why I am still partly worried about him. Just ask Portland fans.

His sensitivity to touches and PPG is really worrisome.

on topic, his decreased minutes and touches will most likely result in him forcing the three ball so who knows...

Thread Information