Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The greatest and most globally impactful player since MJ.....real talk

That sequence with Joe Ingles was nothing but one of his globe trotter moves he was trying out....just messing around during pre-season to see what he can get away with...

Never forget Spur fan..Kobe is 4-1 all-time in the playoffs vs a prime Duncan..now that he's put in his NBA work over 20yrs...I won't let you newbies try to act like Kobe didn't on the Spurs his entire career...he took Robinson and Duncan and shredded every small forward and 2 guard y'all went out to sign just for the Kobe assignment...he may be at the tail end now but lets never forget..

Do the right thing Spur fan..give credit its due...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering he played his last meaningful game at age 33 I'd say he's been at the "tail end" for quite sometime, decimating his franchise's chance of rebuilding with his psychotic and selfish behavior.

Joe Ingles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was great whenever he put on his Robin costume and fed off Shaq/Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    talk about "white washing"

View previous topic :: View next topic
    DancingBarry
    Editor-in-Chief

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:27 pm Post subject: LAKERS -vs- JAZZ - 10-4-15 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
    Kobe -- -- Twenty years with a single franchise. Amazing. Kobe never seemed fully healthy last season, and then he shut things down on Jan. 21. He was in search for his all game last season, trying to figure out how and where he could make the biggest impact. It’s a different mix of players this season, and we’ll see what his game shapes up to be. He played just a single quarter tonight before they shut him down. The crowd brought the “Kobe…Kobe…” chants later in the game, but they are wisely easing Kobe into his minutes. He sank a three and made a couple of techs in his quarter of action, playing the SF spot. Clarkson and Russell ran the offense. That lineup will have to hit threes to space things out for each other, especially from the corners where Kobe and Clarkson found themselves quite a bit. Scott said he’ll probably play him a little more on Tuesday, but thought Kobe looked smooth. Asked how many minutes Scott will ramp Kobe up to, he refused to answer. “We’ll see,” he said. Kobe said he felt good and thought the starting lineup had a lot of upside. “It’s just a matter of kind of getting a rhythm,” Kobe said, mentioning he needed his timing to get in sync. He didn’t force anything or push it. He said his back felt tight from all the running. The Stats: He scored 5 points on 1-5 shooting (1-3 from three, 2-2 from the line) to go with 2 fouls in 12 minutes. He was a -2. The Action: He hit the top of the backboard on a corner three on his first touch. He missed a wide open wing jumper when Russell drew the double. He made a tech FT. He sank a face up three on the right sideline. He missed a slightly more rushed three from the same spot next time down. He sank another tech FT. He missed a tough wing fallaway with the clock winding down. He had 5 points on 1-5 shooting in 12 minutes. Second Half: He did not play after the first quarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The greatest and most globally impactful player since MJ.....real talk

That sequence with Joe Ingles was nothing but one of his globe trotter moves he was trying out....just messing around during pre-season to see what he can get away with...

Never forget Spur fan..Kobe is 4-1 all-time in the playoffs vs a prime Duncan..now that he's put in his NBA work over 20yrs...I won't let you newbies try to act like Kobe didn't on the Spurs his entire career...he took Robinson and Duncan and shredded every small forward and 2 guard y'all went out to sign just for the Kobe assignment...he may be at the tail end now but lets never forget..

Do the right thing Spur fan..give credit its due...

Kirby absolutely RAPED the Spurms in 2001

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really sad to see Kobe this way, going 1-5 in an exhibition game against nobodies. I mean, he missed only 4 shots, that is hardly the standard we expect out of him.

Are we ever going to see him miss 30 shots and losing like he did against an awful Celtics team in 2002? Will we see him launch 41 shots for 34 points again? Or 30 shots for 23 points (when 4 points came from FTs) like he did in a loss against Denver in 2007? Will any other Laker G/F ever have so many games with 30+ FGA? Will Magic be the only player to ever break the top 100 in FGA in a game attempted by a Laker G (Magic score 46 points on 36 FGA in a win, btw)? Will another player ever join Kobe in the top 20 for most FGA in a game? Magic couldn't do it, Shaq couldn't do it, Wilt couldn't do it, Kareem couldn't do it. Same with 37+FGA, will any other Laker player ever approach that high mark? Will another player ever make 25% of his shots in clutch situations, and be called clutch? Most importantly, will another player ever even come close to 13,766 (and counting) missed shots?

Finally, food for thought, the following is a list of players who ever shot more than 30 FGA and have a shooting percentage of less than 26% in a game:
    - Jerry Stackhouse
    - Allen Iverson
    - Keith Van Horne
    - Dennis Scott
    - Michael Adams
    - Kobe Bryant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Kirby ever shoot over 50% in a game again? Last season he made more than he missed in only 3 of 35 games (Lakers won 2 of those 3 games)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All time Legend. Say what you will, but one thing we know for sure is Kobe owns Jim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's alright, but he's no Tim Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive never heard any nba players refer to Kobe as the Greatest shooting guard ever..
    I always hear Nba players refer to tim duncan as the greatest power foward ever..
    The End.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Kirby ever harm small animals?
    Start fires?

Does he still?

Traits of sociopath early and midstage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive never heard any nba players refer to Kobe as the Greatest shooting guard ever..
    I always hear Nba players refer to tim duncan as the greatest power foward ever..
    The End.
    I've never heard any NBA player talk about Duncan as being one of the best players of all time. You have plenty of players that hold Kobe in that regard. Truth of the matter is Jim is a safe ... non threatening... pigeonhole'd in that PF position where there are no all time greats. Historically, the PF position has been the least meaningful position in the league. How ironic is it that Jim shines there. When you compare Jim to other greats at that position it gets no better than Barkley. Kobe is compared to non other than Jordan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never heard any NBA player talk about Duncan as being one of the best players of all time. You have plenty of players that hold Kobe in that regard. Truth of the matter is Jim is a safe ... non threatening... pigeonhole'd in that PF position where there are no all time greats. Historically, the PF position has been the least meaningful position in the league. How ironic is it that Jim shines there. When you compare Jim to other greats at that position it gets no better than Barkley. Kobe is compared to non other than Jordan.
    You cant hear anything with ur head in kobes ass all day..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im just sayin when you put an all time goat team together kobes not on it and Duncan is..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im just sayin when you put an all time goat team together kobes not on it and Duncan is..
    That's far from true. Most people have Hakeem and Kareem as their big and Kobe and Jordan at the 2-3 position. You are displaying extreme stupidity here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prior to Jordan coming to the NBA the SG position was considered the least important position. Outside of Jordan name me an all-time great SG that's out of this world amazing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prior to Jordan coming to the NBA the SG position was considered the least important position. Outside of Jordan name me an all-time great SG that's out of this world amazing?
    Tbe most popular player in the NBA were sbooting guards prior to Jordan. Ice Man... Andrew Toney... Dr. J... Pistol Pete... Earl Monroe... Havlichek... Jerry West. The PF position was the most unskilled position in the league prior to Barkley.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbe most popular player in the NBA were sbooting guards prior to Jordan. Ice Man... Andrew Toney... Dr. J... Pistol Pete... Earl Monroe... Havlichek... Jerry West. The PF position was the most unskilled position in the league prior to Barkley.
    First you are wrong about Dr J's position considering he was a SF. So throw DR J out of your argument. The rest of the guys you mentioned never won a league mvp while Malone,KG,Dirk,Barkley have all won league MVP who all happen to be PF's. I would venture to say Malone,KG,Dirk,Barkley,McHale they all had better careers than West,Toney,Monroe,Havlichek, Gervin. In conclusion the top 10 all time great PF list is superior to the top 10 SG list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's far from true. Most people have Hakeem and Kareem as their big and Kobe and Jordan at the 2-3 position. You are displaying extreme stupidity here.
    Lol man ur stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    R.I.P. Mamba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First you are wrong about Dr J's position considering he was a SF. So throw DR J out of your argument. The rest of the guys you mentioned never won a league mvp while Malone,KG,Dirk,Barkley have all won league MVP who all happen to be PF's. I would venture to say Malone,KG,Dirk,Barkley,McHale they all had better careers than West,Toney,Monroe,Havlichek, Gervin. In conclusion the top 10 all time great PF list is superior to the top 10 SG list.

Dude... you should stop. Prior to Barkley the PF position was the least glorified position in the league. What makes your argument invalid is Kobe and Jim are in the same era. Kobe has reached more milestones than Jim and owns him head to head. That ends the argument right there.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dude is truly "impactful", no argument about that. His influence can be felt everywhere around his team, no matter the locker room or the court, even when he is NOT playing. And his influence also extends to the GM's office, and outlines the team's future blueprint. The 48.5m contract prevents the team from signing any overrated role players to big long deals, so it helps the team maintain good financial health. And his presence on this team poses a glaring deterrent to some good players, which might look like a negative at first sight but will turn out a blessing in disguise because it guarantees that the team stays in the lottery zone for consecutive years so they can garner more promising young talents that are pivotal to their rebuilding process. When the Lakers win another championship with the 15' #2 draft and possibly the 16' #1, people must know who is the person they should really thank, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is truly "impactful", no argument about that. His influence can be felt everywhere around his team, no matter the locker room or the court, even when he is NOT playing. And his influence also extends to the GM's office, and outlines the team's future blueprint. The 48.5m contract prevents the team from signing any overrated role players to big long deals, so it helps the team maintain good financial health. And his presence on this team poses a glaring deterrent to some good players, which might look like a negative at first sight but will turn out a blessing in disguise because it guarantees that the team stays in the lottery zone for consecutive years so they can garner more promising young talents that are pivotal to their rebuilding process. When the Lakers win another championship with the 15' #2 draft and possibly the 16' #1, people must know who is the person they should really thank, tbh.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I admit that Austin Croshere outscored Kobe in a Finals series.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Whats even funnier is Kobe dropping 62 points on Mark Celibates team..tbh...

After 3 quarters the jumbotron scoreboard in Dallas read....

Kobe 62
    Mavs 61

Thread Information