My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Credit to Stevens for selling a system that the players are buying. Started last year, and with a few talent additions, they're really fun to watch...

They're obviously not going to compete next year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the top 5 east. I believe they had the 2nd best record last year post all-star in the East and with addition of a few talents..they should be better.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Credit to Stevens for selling a system that the players are buying. Started last year, and with a few talent additions, they're really fun to watch...

They're obviously not going to compete next year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the top 5 east. I believe they had the 2nd best record last year post all-star in the East and with addition of a few talents..they should be better.
    Great coaching hire wish Lakers took similar approach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what happens when you rid yourself of team cancer. They'll be in the ECSF this season. Stevens was a great hire, and they're loaded with picks. If their FO doesn't this up ala Phoenix, they'll be an Eastern powerhouse for years to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get what they are trying to do, imo they will suck.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's what happens when you rid yourself of team cancer. They'll be in the ECSF this season. Stevens was a great hire, and they're loaded with picks. If their FO doesn't this up ala Phoenix, they'll be an Eastern powerhouse for years to come.
    Who was their cancer ... Rondo? Hate him or love him he was a key part of their last successful run ... I agree they have a ton of picks and space. But you still need picks to "hit" eventually or they will be like PHX or the Odom/Miles/Magette/richardson CLips. All those high picks and not one transcendant star in the bunch. Odom ended up being the best of that crew and now he is an alleged crack-head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was their cancer ... Rondo? Hate him or love him he was a key part of their last successful run ... I agree they have a ton of picks and space. But you still need picks to "hit" eventually or they will be like PHX or the Odom/Miles/Magette/richardson CLips. All those high picks and not one transcendant star in the bunch. Odom ended up being the best of that crew and now he is an alleged crack-head.
    Yes Rondo. Agreed, he was key to their last run, but as a facilitator/role player. Once the big 3 were gone, he thought it was "his team" and you saw how that played out in Dallas last year...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, a team that intends to seriously use David Lee, can't be taken seriously. The fact that they are a young team and their best talent plays at the same position, makes the whole situation even more puzzling.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    To me, a team that intends to seriously use David Lee, can't be taken seriously. The fact that they are a young team and their best talent plays at the same position, makes the whole situation even more puzzling.
    Cant disagree their is plenty of redundancy but that is what trades are for. By hoarding space and picks they can definitely be active in trades. I hope they fail because they are the Celts but I think Stevens is a smart coach and should get the credit Vogel gets who I think is overrated. We have heard DWest talk about the dysfunction in the Pacers lockeroom and FO I dont think that is all on Bird or the players ...I think Vogel deserves his share as well.

Thread Information