Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    He's got 16 receiving touchdowns in 6 games. The GOAT receiver (along with Troy Edwards) had 27 in a single season.

Dude is a freak. Has to be in the Heisman discussion.

the big 12 is garbage and doesn't deserve to have any players winning awards considering the fact that they feast on compe ion.

Mississippi Valley State ran a true spread offense when Rice was there. They averaged 55 points a game with QB Wilie Totten standing tall in the shot gun looking for one of his 5 wide receivers, usually that would be "World" Rice. Scoring over 70 points a few times. But that was aginst SWAC defenses. What Coleman is doing isn't. Obviously he'll never be another Jerry Rice but he is impressive.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Coleman is sick. Should be a Heisman candidate if they stay undefeated through regular season

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    the big 12 is garbage and doesn't deserve to have any players winning awards considering the fact that they feast on compe ion.
    Like Tennessee and Arkansas

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Like Tennessee and Arkansas
    And Old Piss and Auburn and Vanderbilt and Missouri and South Carolina and Kentucky

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    Baylor vs TCU should be fun.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Murderers' Row

SMU
    Lamar
    Rice
    Texas Tech
    Kansas
    West Virginia

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Murderers' Row

SMU
    Lamar
    Rice
    Texas Tech
    Kansas
    West Virginia
    but Baylor is doing what they're supposed to do to these teams. What's Ohio St's excuse do you think?

My Team
    Post Count
    but Baylor is doing what they're supposed to do to these teams. What's Ohio St's excuse do you think?
    Out of their 7 wins....only two of them were "close games" (vs Northern Illinios and @ Indiana). They haven't been curb-stomping teams like Baylor, but they've beat most of them by 21+ points.

All the Buckeyes have to do is beat Michigan State and they'll go undefeated. One of the easiest schedules in the nation IMO.

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    Out of their 7 wins....only two of them were "close games" (vs Northern Illinios and @ Indiana). They haven't been curb-stomping teams like Baylor, but they've beat most of them by 21+ points.

All the Buckeyes have to do is beat Michigan State and they'll go undefeated. One of the easiest schedules in the nation IMO.
    Michigan is going to beat them tbh

My Team
    Post Count
    Michigan is going to beat them tbh

My Team
    Post Count
    BTW...love the avy 313.

Tough way to lose a game though...

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

And Ohio State has 4 and 5 star talent all over the place.

Baylor has 3 star talent that's been coached up sprinkled with a few 4s. Sure, they don't have to play Bama and LSU every week, but it's a bit disingenuous to downplay what they're doing right now.

My Team
    Post Count

Baylor has 3 star talent that's been coached up sprinkled with a few 4s. Sure, they don't have to play Bama and LSU every week, but it's a bit disingenuous to downplay what they're doing right now.
    All I said was Baylor hasn't played ANYBODY yet. You going to argue with that? Sure, they're beating them by 40+ every game, but they still are "nobodies." If this Coleman kid shows out during their last 4 games of the season (Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., TCU, and Texas) then I'll start buying the hype.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    All I said was Baylor hasn't played ANYBODY yet. You going to argue with that? Sure, they're beating them by 40+ every game, but they still are "nobodies." If this Coleman kid shows out during their last 4 games of the season (Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., TCU, and Texas) then I'll start buying the hype.
    I think he'll definitely show up for TCU and OkieSt.

If he only has 100 yds and 1TD against UT or Okie are you gonna drop a "see i told you"

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count

My Team
    Post Count
    I think he'll definitely show up for TCU and OkieSt.

If he only has 100 yds and 1TD against UT or Okie are you gonna drop a "see i told you"
    I'm not batting 1.000 around here Blake...been wrong plenty of times. The Arkansas vs. Texas Tech game comes immediately to mind.

You'll get no "see i told you" from me on this one.

No it isn't. Nobody they've played has been in the top 100 in defense. They are a gimmick. The big 12 is a basketball conference.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    No it isn't. Nobody they've played has been in the top 100 in defense. They are a gimmick. The big 12 is a basketball conference.
    If it wasn't that big a deal, it would have been done before by teams with better talent than Baylor. There's no reason Ohio St shouldn't have stuck 60 on Hawaii, Indiana or all the scrubs in the Big 10 with the talent they have

Fwiw, Big 12-2 is ranked #2 in most if not all power conference rankings

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-...-leads-the-way
    Last edited by Blake; 10-21-2015 at 08:11 AM.

My Team
    Post Count
    If it wasn't that big a deal, it would have been done before by teams with better talent than Baylor. There's no reason Ohio St shouldn't have stuck 60 on Hawaii, Indiana or all the scrubs in the Big 10 with the talent they have

Fwiw, Big 12-2 is ranked #2 in most if not all power conference rankings

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-...-leads-the-way
    Still brings tears to my eyes...

SEC still leads the way

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Still brings tears to my eyes...

SEC still leads the way
    Funny, this SEC.vid also still brings tears to my eyes

the girl with the hesitant "goooo s"

Lol conference cheerleading

My Team
    Post Count
    Lol conference cheerleading
    Now hold on Blake-y....

unleashbaynes called the Big 12 a "basketball conference" and you immediately go to find a power ranking where the Big 12 is #2. A rational man could see that as you doing a little "conference cheerleading" yourself.

Hooray!!! We're #2 !!!!!!

The only thing I've said in this thread is that Baylor hasn't played anybody yet. We're halfway done with the season and they still haven't played a worthy opponent. No amount of power rankings or stats you find (like Baylor's PPG or +/- differential) will convince me otherwise. And I'll reiterate it once again....Baylor's last four games of the season are what I'm looking at. They win all four of those games...and we'll have a honest conversation on how good they really are.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Now hold on Blake-y....

unleashbaynes called the Big 12 a "basketball conference" and you immediately go to find a power ranking where the Big 12 is #2. A rational man could see that as you doing a little "conference cheerleading" yourself.
    That's actually irrational to assume that without evidence.

Conference power rankings are just opinions. ulbaynes is free to have his about the big 12 being a basketball conference. Just pointing out he's in an overwhelming minority that believes it.

It's possible he thinks the only true football conference is the SEC but I doubt it.

Do you believe the big 12 is just a basketball conference that plays gimmick football?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The only thing I've said in this thread is that Baylor hasn't played anybody yet. We're halfway done with the season and they still haven't played a worthy opponent. No amount of power rankings or stats you find (like Baylor's PPG or +/- differential) will convince me otherwise. And I'll reiterate it once again....Baylor's last four games of the season are what I'm looking at. They win all four of those games...and we'll have a honest conversation on how good they really are.
    Those last four are what everyone is looking at. That's why they aren't #1 just yet.

But to say what they're doing this year is less than impressive is just disingenuous, even if they aren't playing Bama every week.

Thread Information